Author Topic: Bogaczyk: Now is sink or swim time for Marshall...  (Read 708 times)

Offline GreenSteve

Bogaczyk: Now is sink or swim time for Marshall...
« on: September 14, 2009, 06:37:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Virginia Tech staged a white-out - and football sellout as usual - at Lane Stadium on Saturday.

Marshall didn't seem to get the message on colorization. The Herd was marooned.

After an embarrassing 52-10 loss to the 14th-ranked Hokies, an overwhelmed and uncompetitive Marshall was asking itself a lot of questions. One of them wasn't what it needs to do next. It already has that answer, or so it seems.

"We can talk all we want about practice, but what we need to do is adjust the attitude how we approach the game," Herd linebacker Mario Harvey said after another lopsided MU loss to a team from a Bowl Championship Series conference.

"We've got to have more spunk. We've got to get amped up and then go out and do what we're supposed to do. I don't care how good someone is, and Virginia Tech is plenty good, but no one should run all over us like they did today. A lot of what happened was what we didn't do. We need to have more pride. We have to prove we're good."

With Bowling Green (1-1) coming to Edwards Stadium this Saturday night, the Herd can't count on anything.

http://www.dailymail.com/Sports/JackBogaczyk/200909130380
    "The world is full of crackers and belly-button rings..." - Blue Tip - The Cars.

HerdFans.com

Bogaczyk: Now is sink or swim time for Marshall...
    « on: September 14, 2009, 06:37:10 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

Re: Bogaczyk: Now is sink or swim time for Marshall...
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 07:59:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good JB article.

Offline Thunders

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 02:52:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I said this before the game and it didn't take a genius to figure it out but they blanketed Cody like I knew they would. I knew that if someone else couldn't step up or the line couldn't block for the run game we were going to have a long day. It was longer than I had imagined.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline banker

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 03:17:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I said this before the game and it didn't take a genius to figure it out but they blanketed Cody like I knew they would. I knew that if someone else couldn't step up or the line couldn't block for the run game we were going to have a long day. It was longer than I had imagined.

They didn't have to blanket Cody.  When he was on the field he mostly stayed in to block.  We took Cody out of the game for them.

Sometimes I swear I think Snyder considers it bad manners to try and show up BCS coaches.  If he's here next year I almost expect us to punt on first down when we play Ohio State so that we don't embarrass Tressel by putting up any yards on his defense.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 03:17:12 PM »