Author Topic: NEWS FLASH!!!! Mark Snyder will be let go...  (Read 35246 times)

Offline svherd

Re: NEWS FLASH!!!! Mark Snyder will be let go...
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2008, 10:28:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thye'd better get an offensive minded coach with a system for scoring points. Snyders tried to compete in CUSA with a defensive mindset and conservative offense and its failed miserably! This CUSA, not the Big 10

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2008, 10:28:42 PM »

Offline chezdog30

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #51 on: November 25, 2008, 11:37:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dont need the credit, I remember you did post something you had heard way before.  I just wanted to post what I found out...

Not a prediction though...its a fact...and compliments what youve heard with additional details....

we can get drunk together... ;)

Tuesday or Wednesday morning....9:30ish....expect an announcement either way... ;D

Offline chezdog30

• All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #52 on: November 25, 2008, 11:43:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OK Mr Field pass!  First, I mostly just read the boards anymore.  But your post below has compelled me to respond:

Field pass wrote:

1) I just heard from an inside reputable source that there was an emergency meeting of the Big Green or BOG last night... cant remember which.

2) I also know that a big time donor has called a meeting for tomorrow night to put the plan in stone to buy out Snyder's contract and NOT renew Marcums contract.

Just remember where you heard it first  

I also heard that unofficial discussions have been made with several potential candidates and the potential candidates all said that replacing Marcum was a key element in any agreement to come coach football at Marshall.  That kind of makes you think of Pruett or Donnan.  But who knows.

So to address 1)  Was this emergency meeting about Mark Snyder's Future?   First, the Big Green has nothing to do with the coach's contractual obligations, hiring or firing.......only raising money for scholarships.   Second, if the BOG did meet for an emergency meeting, will notes be posted of that meeting?  Was it top secret? (If so, why do you have the information?)  and Was Dr. Kopp present?  

I believe the BOG approved and signed off on a lengthy contract for the head coach.

Now to address your #2.   If true, these donors meeting to put together a plan.  Why would this be done after, and not before a BOG meeting.  I would think one would have to approach the BOG with a plan first.   Furthermore, how many donors are we talking about?  Additionally, what if there are donors that are willing to pull all of their dollars if Snyder is fired?  

To fire an AD and a Head coach at the same time would only make for a difficult situation to bring someone in.  I don't think your someone in the know is in the know.  I look for one of those positions to change, but not Snyders and not at the same time.

But thanks for telling us first Field Pass but I don't think you have a clue as to what is about to go down!

BOG's met.....nothing to do with Big Green....the main player in the buyout has lobbied fellow donors to pitch in a little more to bring in a BIG NAME coach and buyout the ones we have. That is the truth.....BOG's met to discuss future of Mark Snyder and football program....Donors are meeting privately to discuss funding the whole deal.

That is what I know without using a name or breaking anyones identity whom is involved

Offline marshallmba

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2008, 12:02:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This "rumor" is just crazy.  I know how a university works and this is not the method. 

The BOG at Marshall is a diverse group.   It's VERY difficult to assemble that body.   

The Big Green should be dissolved if it is involved in any activity such as removing coaches.    That organization exists to fund Marshall's athletic scholarships and our coaches passionately give their time to those efforts.  

As for boosters meeting to discuss coaches, I would say that is possible.   However, please note that the university has an organizational chart and those big $$$ folks are mostly on the outside looking in when it comes to these decisions. 

I fully expect Coach Snyder to return in 2008.   Those reasons are...

1)  He has a contract.  I think he was promised five years when he left Ohio State and the university is going to honor that request.    Buying out such a contract is also cost prohibitive.

2)  Coach Snyder is doing things that please his bosses.  This is a university and graduation rates matter just as much as wins.   I know many of you never attended Marshall or any college, but that is what differentiates college from the pro game.   Coach Snyder has the kids in class and off the police reports.  

3)  Coach Snyder has done an outstanding job with community relations.   I think that has been his biggest asset so far and should not be discounted.   Even with all the "punk" comments tossed at him in the last few weeks, Coach Snyder keeps his cool and laughs them off.   

4)  Coach Snyder fits into the current Marshall value system.   There is a definite shift at Marshall towards a stronger academic environment.   Coach Snyder...along with Coach Jones and Coach Chadwick...are exact reflections of those new core values.   a) Solid family guys. b)  Good public demeanor.   c)  Push academics within their athletic program.  d)  Recruit solid student-athletes.

5)  Coach Snyder is willing to work with his bosses.   Some coaches would have quit over the pulling of the IPF funds.   

Marshall is going to have an outstanding defense next year.   The running game is a real team strength.   Tight end is as good as it gets in college football.  The key is the play at QB.  If Cann can play at the level we saw early in the season, I see no reason Coach Snyder can't take us to a bowl game.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:05:42 AM by marshallmba »

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2008, 12:08:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • However, please note that the university has an organizational chart and those big $$$ folks are mostly on the outside looking in when it comes to these decisions.

Well, it was a big time donor that swindled Snyder into the job. If it wasn't for Verna our head coach would be Doc Holiday or Larry Kueck.
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:17:54 AM by GreenBison »
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2008, 12:11:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall is going to have an outstanding defense next year.   The running game is a real team strength.   Tight end is as good as it gets in college football.  The key is the play at QB.  If Cann can play at the level we saw early in the season, I see no reason Coach Snyder can't take us to a bowl game.

The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline herd2win

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2008, 12:24:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This "rumor" is just crazy.  I know how a university works and this is not the method. 

The BOG at Marshall is a diverse group.   It's VERY difficult to assemble that body.   

The Big Green should be dissolved if it is involved in any activity such as removing coaches.    That organization exists to fund Marshall's athletic scholarships and our coaches passionately give their time to those efforts.  

As for boosters meeting to discuss coaches, I would say that is possible.   However, please note that the university has an organizational chart and those big $$$ folks are mostly on the outside looking in when it comes to these decisions. 

I fully expect Coach Snyder to return in 2008.   Those reasons are...

1)  He has a contract.  I think he was promised five years when he left Ohio State and the university is going to honor that request.    Buying out such a contract is also cost prohibitive.

2)  Coach Snyder is doing things that please his bosses.  This is a university and graduation rates matter just as much as wins.   I know many of you never attended Marshall or any college, but that is what differentiates college from the pro game.   Coach Snyder has the kids in class and off the police reports.  

3)  Coach Snyder has done an outstanding job with community relations.   I think that has been his biggest asset so far and should not be discounted.   Even with all the "punk" comments tossed at him in the last few weeks, Coach Snyder keeps his cool and laughs them off.   

4)  Coach Snyder fits into the current Marshall value system.   There is a definite shift at Marshall towards a stronger academic environment.   Coach Snyder...along with Coach Jones and Coach Chadwick...are exact reflections of those new core values.   a) Solid family guys. b)  Good public demeanor.   c)  Push academics within their athletic program.  d)  Recruit solid student-athletes.

5)  Coach Snyder is willing to work with his bosses.   Some coaches would have quit over the pulling of the IPF funds.   

Marshall is going to have an outstanding defense next year.   The running game is a real team strength.   Tight end is as good as it gets in college football.  The key is the play at QB.  If Cann can play at the level we saw early in the season, I see no reason Coach Snyder can't take us to a bowl game.

Take a look at the defensive stats this year...below average, then take a look at the offensive stat...horrible, then take a look at our record the last 4 years...pitiful.  Nothing points to a good season next year.

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2008, 12:26:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Posted by: marshallmba  Posted on: Today at 12:02:44 AM  
    Insert Quote  
    This "rumor" is just crazy.  I know how a university works and this is not the method.  

The BOG at Marshall is a diverse group.   It's VERY difficult to assemble that body.    

The Big Green should be dissolved if it is involved in any activity such as removing coaches.    That organization exists to fund Marshall's athletic scholarships and our coaches passionately give their time to those efforts.  

As for boosters meeting to discuss coaches, I would say that is possible.   However, please note that the university has an organizational chart and those big $$$ folks are mostly on the outside looking in when it comes to these decisions.  

I fully expect Coach Snyder to return in 2008.   Those reasons are...

1)  He has a contract.  I think he was promised five years when he left Ohio State and the university is going to honor that request.    Buying out such a contract is also cost prohibitive.

2)  Coach Snyder is doing things that please his bosses.  This is a university and graduation rates matter just as much as wins.   I know many of you never attended Marshall or any college, but that is what differentiates college from the pro game.   Coach Snyder has the kids in class and off the police reports.  

3)  Coach Snyder has done an outstanding job with community relations.   I think that has been his biggest asset so far and should not be discounted.   Even with all the "punk" comments tossed at him in the last few weeks, Coach Snyder keeps his cool and laughs them off.    

4)  Coach Snyder fits into the current Marshall value system.   There is a definite shift at Marshall towards a stronger academic environment.   Coach Snyder...along with Coach Jones and Coach Chadwick...are exact reflections of those new core values.   a) Solid family guys. b)  Good public demeanor.   c)  Push academics within their athletic program.  d)  Recruit solid student-athletes.

5)  Coach Snyder is willing to work with his bosses.   Some coaches would have quit over the pulling of the IPF funds.    

Marshall is going to have an outstanding defense next year.   The running game is a real team strength.   Tight end is as good as it gets in college football.  The key is the play at QB.  If Cann can play at the level we saw early in the season, I see no reason Coach Snyder can't take us to a bowl game.

Coach Snyder, Is that you?

:D ;D
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline pdunn

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2008, 03:44:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll buy you a bag of pretzels.  You've already got enough beer.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2008, 04:46:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Posted by: marshallmba  Posted on: Today at 12:02:44 AM 
    Insert Quote 
    This "rumor" is just crazy.  I know how a university works and this is not the method. 

The BOG at Marshall is a diverse group.   It's VERY difficult to assemble that body.   

As for boosters meeting to discuss coaches, I would say that is possible.   However, please note that the university has an organizational chart and those big $$$ folks are mostly on the outside looking in when it comes to these decisions. 

I fully expect Coach Snyder to return in 2008.   Those reasons are...

2)  Coach Snyder is doing things that please his bosses.  This is a university and graduation rates matter just as much as wins.   I know many of you never attended Marshall or any college, but that is what differentiates college from the pro game.   Coach Snyder has the kids in class and off the police reports.   

3)  Coach Snyder has done an outstanding job with community relations.   I think that has been his biggest asset so far and should not be discounted.   Even with all the "punk" comments tossed at him in the last few weeks, Coach Snyder keeps his cool and laughs them off.   

4)  Coach Snyder fits into the current Marshall value system.   There is a definite shift at Marshall towards a stronger academic environment.   Coach Snyder...along with Coach Jones and Coach Chadwick...are exact reflections of those new core values.   a) Solid family guys. b)  Good public demeanor.   c)  Push academics within their athletic program.  d)  Recruit solid student-athletes.

5)  Coach Snyder is willing to work with his bosses.   Some coaches would have quit over the pulling of the IPF funds.   

Marshall is going to have an outstanding defense next year.   The running game is a real team strength.   Tight end is as good as it gets in college football.  The key is the play at QB.  If Cann can play at the level we saw early in the season, I see no reason Coach Snyder can't take us to a bowl game.

But you left out what people want , the important "little" thing , HE DOESN'T WIN !!!! If the players graduate , great !!! but as far as I know , people don't go in masses to MU's graduation to see players getting their diplomas .

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #60 on: November 26, 2008, 07:15:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• BOG's met.....nothing to do with Big Green....the main player in the buyout has lobbied fellow donors to pitch in a little more to bring in a BIG NAME coach and buyout the ones we have. That is the truth.....BOG's met to discuss future of Mark Snyder and football program....Donors are meeting privately to discuss funding the whole deal.

That is what I know without using a name or breaking anyones identity whom is involved

thanks for backing me up!  This clown is probably mark snyder...

If he has a strong source of info then he should feel free to post what he has heard.  But instead he is just speaking as if he knows with nothing to back it up except is efforts to try to discredit the messengers.

I know the main names involved but Im not dropping any names of Marshall employees or donors that I know that are involved.  That wouldnt be kosher...
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:24:31 AM by field pass »

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #61 on: November 26, 2008, 07:20:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OK Mr Field pass!  First, I mostly just read the boards anymore.  But your post below has compelled me to respond:

Field pass wrote:

1) I just heard from an inside reputable source that there was an emergency meeting of the Big Green or BOG last night... cant remember which.

2) I also know that a big time donor has called a meeting for tomorrow night to put the plan in stone to buy out Snyder's contract and NOT renew Marcums contract.

Just remember where you heard it first  

I also heard that unofficial discussions have been made with several potential candidates and the potential candidates all said that replacing Marcum was a key element in any agreement to come coach football at Marshall.  That kind of makes you think of Pruett or Donnan.  But who knows.

So to address 1)  Was this emergency meeting about Mark Snyder's Future?   First, the Big Green has nothing to do with the coach's contractual obligations, hiring or firing.......only raising money for scholarships.   Second, if the BOG did meet for an emergency meeting, will notes be posted of that meeting?  Was it top secret? (If so, why do you have the information?)  and Was Dr. Kopp present?  

I believe the BOG approved and signed off on a lengthy contract for the head coach.

Now to address your #2.   If true, these donors meeting to put together a plan.  Why would this be done after, and not before a BOG meeting.  I would think one would have to approach the BOG with a plan first.   Furthermore, how many donors are we talking about?  Additionally, what if there are donors that are willing to pull all of their dollars if Snyder is fired?  

To fire an AD and a Head coach at the same time would only make for a difficult situation to bring someone in.  I don't think your someone in the know is in the know.  I look for one of those positions to change, but not Snyders and not at the same time.

But thanks for telling us first Field Pass but I don't think you have a clue as to what is about to go down!

If you want to post some useful info youve receive from a source other than your own high and mighty opinions then feel free.  Even if the legit sources tell you something different than what Ive told you.  But, I could careless if you want to argue with me about my info.  You can take it or leave it....its out there...and thats all I know so sorry but I dont know the answers to your additional questions.

Whats funny is that Marshallmba and herdfanfromohio post the same length of posts with the same content and have about the same amount of posts under their belt and are spewing the same opinion.

Mark Snyder, do you have two handles?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2008, 07:20:36 AM »

Offline Herd-nficent

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2008, 07:24:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think somebody had a wet dream! ;D
    "What we see depends on what we look for"

Offline Thundermonkey

• All American
    « Reply #63 on: November 26, 2008, 07:34:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know how a university works and this is not the method. 

I know many of you never attended Marshall or any college, but that is what differentiates college from the pro game.    

Stand back everyone, he "knows how a university works"

My wife and I both have degrees from Marshall, as well as MANY of the posters on here...... What an ignorant and elitist statement.

I can only assume you dont know shoulder pads from maxi pads.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:36:34 AM by Thundermonkey »
    "Straight cash, homey."

RANDY MOSS

Offline bbcard1

• Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #64 on: November 26, 2008, 07:42:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All of this stuff is pipe dreams guys.  We all know Marcum is a buffon and Kopp  could care less about athletics. 

Dr. Kopp gets a bad rap on this.  I have seen him at every game and I generally see him actively entertaining supporters of athletics who are not necessarily supporters of the academic side.  It is true that his primary responsibiilty is not for athletics...that is Kayo's.  But to say he doesn't care isn't realy fair.  He's a Marshall man all the way.

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2008, 08:06:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dr. Kopp seems like a real nice man and is a great academian, but I still think he puts athletics on the back burner. His job is to go to events and hobknob with the high and the mighty.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline Big Ol' Hillbilly

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2008, 08:19:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Since everybody's buying you beer already, if you are correct the Big Ol' Hillbilly will buy you a bottle of liquor of your choice. If you are wrong, smites be upon thee.

Offline svherd

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2008, 08:31:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I heard two weeks ago in church that the biggest dog on the BofG and another booster who's been away for a few years both were lobbying hard to have Snyder replaced. Both were pitching a buyout to the other BofG members and prominant boosters. Both men have the money between them to buy him out. We'll see. FWIW.

btw MBA, it may be hard to get all members of the BofG together in the same room on short notice, but they can use video and/or teleconferencing, its done all the time at MU, at major corps. and with boards of directors etc.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2008, 08:39:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is all very interesting.  Herdwins on Herd Nation says that his high up sources are saying that the decision has already been made to retain Snyder.  Well someone is going to be wrong for sure.  I am hoping that I will have to buy field pass a case of Bud Lite.  A very interesting weekend coming up indeed.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2008, 08:46:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh I forgot to add I will throw in a soft pretzel from the Joan Field Pass.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #70 on: November 26, 2008, 08:50:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herdwins on Herd Nation says that his high up sources are saying that the decision has already been made to retain Snyder.  Well someone is going to be wrong for sure. 
    TRS
    MU 71

thats impossible....someone probably told him that to cool the rumors down until they can get the ground work laid out...

The BOG met and today the big donors will meet to pony up the money.  If the BOG had met and decided to retain Snyder then the big donors wouldnt be meeting today to put the details together.

Now, if for some reason the donors cant all get on the same page today to make the financial side happen...then maybe he would stay and my karma would hit triple digits on the negative side...

But, the BOG has met and now its up to the big dogs to put it all together...hopefully that doesnt fall apart....I doubt it will at this point.  Oncce the BOG has agreed on a direction I cant imagine those with the money to make i happen simply claming up...
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:51:58 AM by field pass »

Offline goherd17

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2008, 08:56:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just my 2 cents but I think the people who are making these statements dont know what they are talking about either way.  One has a source he is staying another has a source he is going.  Enough already we will find out soon enough.  My gut tells me he will be back I hope not but just my 2 cents.  My other thoughts are no Pruett or Donnan that would be insane to do right now.  Pruett especially with all of the problems he left us with and his recruiting really was not that good.  He got Moss because he was kicked out of 2 schools,  Bradshaw was also kicked out of UVA yeah he got leftwich and a few others but he did not recruit Pennington and remember he said Morris was going to be great.  We really need to look if Snyder is let go at Chuck Martin from Grand Valley State.  Say what you want but Brian Kelly coached there and look at success he has had.  Martins record is 50-4 not to bad.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2008, 08:56:14 AM »

Offline MUTeke

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #72 on: November 26, 2008, 09:12:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • thats impossible....someone probably told him that to cool the rumors down until they can get the ground work laid out...

The BOG met and today the big donors will meet to pony up the money.  If the BOG had met and decided to retain Snyder then the big donors wouldnt be meeting today to put the details together.

Now, if for some reason the donors cant all get on the same page today to make the financial side happen...then maybe he would stay and my karma would hit triple digits on the negative side...

But, the BOG has met and now its up to the big dogs to put it all together...hopefully that doesnt fall apart....I doubt it will at this point.  Oncce the BOG has agreed on a direction I cant imagine those with the money to make i happen simply claming up...

So it looks like we're wating to see if all of those people wearing big hats have any cattle?

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #73 on: November 26, 2008, 09:13:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So it looks like we're wating to see if all of those people wearing big hats have any cattle?

they have cattle...its just a matter of the big hats all comeing together I guess...

Online biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #74 on: November 26, 2008, 09:16:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Stand back everyone, he "knows how a university works"

My wife and I both have degrees from Marshall, as well as MANY of the posters on here...... What an ignorant and elitist statement.

I can only assume you dont know shoulder pads from maxi pads.

Here it is again before it was edited. I'm glad you responded to that. What a condescending ass.

Quote from: marshallmba on Today at 12:02:44 AM
    I know how a university works and this is not the method. 

I know many of you never attended Marshall or any college, but that is what differentiates college from the pro game.     
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 09:21:57 AM by biggreenarms »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: November 26, 2008, 09:16:49 AM »