Author Topic: A couple Herd threads on W&M board  (Read 11114 times)

Offline Thunders

A couple Herd threads on W&M board
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2005, 04:06:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Texasherdfan,   Here you go!!!

"Let me see if I have this right.Marshall is superior to William & Mary academically because a couple of Marshall students "discovered a way to duplicate DNA faster". I thought that everyone in West Va knew how to duplicate DNA."

"However, saying Thunders is an inbred Maroon would be okay, because he has proved that to be true over and over again. "

"Thunders, a lil supplemental ed-you-mah-cah-shun for ya...  "

"Hmmm - some of that West Virginia math"

"And they will have plenty of Marshall graduates to chose from to mop its floors.  "

"It's not my fault your world doesn't extend beyond the WV hillsides. In civilization, people have heard of W&M. "

"Welcome to the world outside of WV."

"HerdChemist
    Does that qualify as an oxymoron? "

"I just wonder why in heck a great football program W&M would voluntarily associate with a clown college like Marsha."

"jski, how does Thunders compare to those Montana dickweeds you guys dealt with?

"News doesn't travel out in WV very well."

"I don't think that even in West Va they let you put people under before surgery without finishing medical school first!!!There is more to it than just having the patient "Bite down on a bullet".

"Either way, as a clinical assignment, maybe you could figure out a way to hook yourself up to enough anesthetics to put yourself to sleep...permanently"

"Please, take Randy Moss' gun and shoot me."

"Yeh, you can set it right beside the "I played the banjo in Deliverence" trophy. "

"You know, the more I read your posts, the more I lean towards the incest theory. And I can talk, we did beat your basketball team last year. "

"Maybe you and your friends can hitch up your horses and buggies, wrangle up some Moonshine and come up here to "abuse" me? "

"This whole "computer" and "internet" phenomenon just reached West Virginia. "

"Let's not rush these guys. I suspect that they are reaching the limit of their ability to absorb."

"Thunder is obviously from West Virginia and will probably remain in the backwoods... Deliverance anyone? "

"Deliverance" was what I was also thinking, and Georgia Southern is probably their sister school."

"It's what happens when First Cousins decide to marry and procreate. "Duplicating DNA" gets you everytime."

"Spoken like a future janitor."

"I have to go to the game, the spectacle in the stands will be a lifelong memory....kind of like going to the Jerry Springer show, but on a larger scale. "

"I tried to dummy down my analogy for the Marshall folks, can someone explain it for them. "
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2005, 04:06:09 PM »

Offline carolinaherdfan

Rollin' 'n 'da mud!
    « Reply #101 on: July 07, 2005, 04:20:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The first flame I could find, was posted by" The Passion of the Tribe." Wed. June 29, 2005, 1:28pm.
    "Screw the Thundering Turd and the dead end MAC. Tribe wins by 10."

Followed by: :-D  this is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time.

Carolina,

:eek:

Offline Thunders

« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2005, 04:26:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • These guys are over there telling me that my major doesn't make as much as I say they do when I know the facts about what they make and where they work.  They call us classless people but they are the ones who resorted to incest jabs and saying they know more about a subject than I do.   They are the ones that are classless and ignorant and they are the ones who are claiming to be some high profile school with all these smart people but are acting like they came out of the sticks.

Offline prideinthetribe

• Rookie
    « Reply #103 on: July 07, 2005, 04:27:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • this is a pretty stupid discussion, but how is what passion said any different than this:

"Maybe before you start being a blowhard you should actually know what the hell your talking about. BTW.. Ladies you dont have a shot in hell of beating The Herd!"

Personally i wouldn't consider either of them "flaming."

Offline prideinthetribe

• Rookie
    « Reply #104 on: July 07, 2005, 04:28:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • like i said, it sounds like Thunders has some sand in his vagina

Offline carolinaherdfan

no more mud!
    « Reply #105 on: July 07, 2005, 04:29:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thunders, you do not need to defend MU, or yourself. Leave them with themselves.

Carolina, :x

Offline carolinaherdfan

Mud
    « Reply #106 on: July 07, 2005, 04:31:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "prideinthetribe"
    this is a pretty stupid discussion, but how is what passion said any different than this:

"Maybe before you start being a blowhard you should actually know what the hell your talking about. BTW.. Ladies you dont have a shot in hell of beating The Herd!"

Well for starters, it was posted 8 days after the pissing had began.

Carolina,

Offline HerdChemist89

• All American
    « Reply #107 on: July 07, 2005, 04:32:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • These dudes from Bill and Mary sound like the other delusionals we've dealt with over the years ( IE: MACsters, Ears, assorted other trolls ).

It's best to not saunter over there and post. All it does is feed their grandiose notions of beating us at home in football.

It ain't ever gonna happen.

Those smug Bill and Mary fans are in for a hard dose of humiliation, served up Herd-style.

May Coach Snyder have mercy on their tortured souls; for they do not understand the a$$ reamings that they are about to receive.

Get the Cabell-Huntington Emergency Room and the Ambulances ready....I smell an a$$-whoopin' of monumental proportions.

To Bill and Mary Fans:  Bring your paper plates and forks---- crow will be served about halfway through the second quarter. You may want to check out some of the other entertainment that Huntington has to offer before you slink quietly out of town under a dark cloud of despair.

GO HERD

:|
    "For years we realized we needed an indoor practice facility," Pastilong said. "Former Gov. Caperton was sympathetic to our needs and enabled us with the financial assistance to carry out this project."
    "We're going to monitor that car more closely," said Pastilong, who previous said the football staff had used the car for errands. "It's going to have a checkout sheet with an odometer reading and the purpose for using it."

Offline prideinthetribe

• Rookie
    Re: Mud
    « Reply #108 on: July 07, 2005, 04:37:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "carolinaherdfan"
    Quote from: "prideinthetribe"
    this is a pretty stupid discussion, but how is what passion said any different than this:

Well for starters, it was posted 8 days after the pissing had began.

Carolina,

Ummmmm.....what?

Marshallalum made that comment on Tue. June 28 @ 1:52pm
    Passion of the Tribe made his comment on Wed. June 29 @ 12:28pm

Yes, you're right, that's 8 days later, my bad

Offline prideinthetribe

• Rookie
    « Reply #109 on: July 07, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • how many times do our fans have to say that we don't think we're going to win?

why does it upset you so much that we think we can hang in the game?

Offline carolinaherdfan

Mud
    « Reply #110 on: July 07, 2005, 04:41:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Thunders"
    Texasherdfan,   Here you go!!!

"Let me see if I have this right.Marshall is superior to William & Mary academically because a couple of Marshall students "discovered a way to duplicate DNA faster". I thought that everyone in West Va knew how to duplicate DNA."

"However, saying Thunders is an inbred Maroon would be okay, because he has proved that to be true over and over again. "

"Thunders, a lil supplemental ed-you-mah-cah-shun for ya...  "

"Hmmm - some of that West Virginia math"

"And they will have plenty of Marshall graduates to chose from to mop its floors.  "

"It's not my fault your world doesn't extend beyond the WV hillsides. In civilization, people have heard of W&M. "

"Welcome to the world outside of WV."

"HerdChemist
    Does that qualify as an oxymoron? "

"I just wonder why in heck a great football program W&M would voluntarily associate with a clown college like Marsha."

"jski, how does Thunders compare to those Montana dickweeds you guys dealt with?

"News doesn't travel out in WV very well."

"I don't think that even in West Va they let you put people under before surgery without finishing medical school first!!!There is more to it than just having the patient "Bite down on a bullet".

"Either way, as a clinical assignment, maybe you could figure out a way to hook yourself up to enough anesthetics to put yourself to sleep...permanently"

"Please, take Randy Moss' gun and shoot me."

"Yeh, you can set it right beside the "I played the banjo in Deliverence" trophy. "

"You know, the more I read your posts, the more I lean towards the incest theory. And I can talk, we did beat your basketball team last year. "

"Maybe you and your friends can hitch up your horses and buggies, wrangle up some Moonshine and come up here to "abuse" me? "

"This whole "computer" and "internet" phenomenon just reached West Virginia. "

"Let's not rush these guys. I suspect that they are reaching the limit of their ability to absorb."

"Thunder is obviously from West Virginia and will probably remain in the backwoods... Deliverance anyone? "

"Deliverance" was what I was also thinking, and Georgia Southern is probably their sister school."

"It's what happens when First Cousins decide to marry and procreate. "Duplicating DNA" gets you everytime."

"Spoken like a future janitor."

"I have to go to the game, the spectacle in the stands will be a lifelong memory....kind of like going to the Jerry Springer show, but on a larger scale. "

"I tried to dummy down my analogy for the Marshall folks, can someone explain it for them. "

It doesn't seem like the game is the subject here.

Carolina,

Offline Thunders

« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2005, 04:44:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Because you and your team sucks!  That is why.   Why would you think you can hang with us?   So what you hung with UNC last year.  They suck too.  We almost beat OSU and UGA last year and those 2 were top 10 teams!!!  UNC wasn't even ranked and our team last year was not as good as it will be this year in my opinion. Not disciplined enough.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #111 on: July 07, 2005, 04:44:08 PM »

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    Re: *
    « Reply #112 on: July 07, 2005, 04:55:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "HerdChemist89"
    These dudes from Bill and Mary sound like the other delusionals we've dealt with over the years ( IE: MACsters, Ears, assorted other trolls )[

They sound like Furman Fans. I hated the the Purple Paladins then. And still hate them.

Anonymous

« Reply #113 on: July 07, 2005, 09:42:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well not to burst W&M bubble, but I was educated at both Georgetown University (undergrad, Top 15 National University) and Marshall.

So contrary to "Tribe" belief, not all hillbillys are as dumb as they would like to think, some of us (i.e me) just don't feel the need to banter with them. IMHO, they will realize by the middle of the 3rd quarter that 225-265 pound DL's are not the answer for our RB's and OL's. We learned this at VT a few years ago. MU 42 W&M 24. Thunder rolls and Ahmad Bradshaw & Gerwin Williams strike, early and often

As far as HerdChemist and Thuders go, fellas, I applaude the defense of our beautiful hills and wish that some of the Tribe fans, certainly not the 2 discussing on this particular topic, Tribe4SF and PrideInTheTribe (they are respectful and good natured IMO), would learn to keep it fun, but know the boundaries that are implied.  Insest has no place on this board, it's about sports; but since some Tribe fans find is facinating, let me remind them of their own incestuous history:

William III (and Mary II, hence, W&M's namesake) was the son of William, Prince of Orange, and Mary Stuart, who just happened to be, yes you guessed it, first cousins.

Can we focus on our seasons now and leave this stuff behind?

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #114 on: July 07, 2005, 10:20:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can't believe that some banter from a I-AA school that isn't even on the same level as us has some of you guys this worked up. Ever since I've been in the military I catch crap all the time because I'm from WV.. It's just expected... Lol.

You guys need to chill out and let them spew their crap.. We'll show them what we're about on the field.
    GO HERD!!!

Offline Herd Tattoo

« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First cousins!! Good research Texas.

Offline Tribe4SF

• Rookie
    « Reply #116 on: July 08, 2005, 12:06:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I see things have deteriorated on the CAAZone. Hope all of you realize this is about "Thunders", not Marshall fans in general. As long as he continues to jump to the head of the line, they'll continue to egg him on.

I'm on vacation on The Outer Banks, but still counting the days to Sept. 1.

Offline Flat Tire

• All American
    « Reply #117 on: July 08, 2005, 12:21:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thunders, you should live by the words: it is best to be thought to be a fool than open your mouth and prove it.

Offline HerdChemist89

• All American
    « Reply #118 on: July 08, 2005, 03:30:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Flat Tire"
    Thunders, you should live by the words: it is best to be thought to be a fool than open your mouth and prove it.

Err...uhhh....

More like :

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than open one's mouth and remove all doubt." ....Samuel Johnson (English Poet, Critic and Writer. 1709-1784)

It's their crummy, singular little board; their tiny utopia of sorts, their soft place of fuzzy white lies and innuendos. I say let 'em be. They remind me of the Miami OH and MAC posters. Bill and Mary is just another smug little school with functional academics and terrible sports. Seems like they compare themselves as a second-rate "Ivy League" school. Just like a bunch of cordoroy jacket wearin', pipe smokin', Volvo drivin' academic wannabees.

I hope Coach Snyder breaks his foot off in some Bill and Mary a$s.

GO HERD
    "For years we realized we needed an indoor practice facility," Pastilong said. "Former Gov. Caperton was sympathetic to our needs and enabled us with the financial assistance to carry out this project."
    "We're going to monitor that car more closely," said Pastilong, who previous said the football staff had used the car for errands. "It's going to have a checkout sheet with an odometer reading and the purpose for using it."

Offline prideinthetribe

• Rookie
    « Reply #119 on: July 08, 2005, 04:17:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As I stated earlier, when Thunders said, “I think it is safe to say Marshall is better academically also” the discussion really turned.  Then he thought we only had 283 students.  As a result, most of the comments were directed at Thunders specifically, not Marshall alumni or West Virginians in general.  Yes, some posters have used WV stereotypes to insult him, but I can assure you we are well aware that most people in West Virginia are not like Thunders.  TexasHerdFan, it comes as no surprise to hear that you went to Georgetown.  Furthermore, a lot of those quotes Thunders listed are not even from W&M students/alumni; they’re from posters representing other schools in the CAA (JMU, Delaware, UNC-W).  When Thunders started whining, they really piled on.

"It's their crummy, singular little board; their tiny utopia of sorts, their soft place of fuzzy white lies and innuendos. "

What does this mean?  CAAZone is hardly a singular board, as there are boards for every school in the CAA.

"Bill and Mary is just another smug little school with functional academics and terrible sports. "

While smug, our academics are more than functional and our sports are not terrible.  Both of these are discussed extensively in the Marshall threads on our board if you care to read them.  But you guys don't care about some little college you've never heard of, so I doubt you will.

Once again, I do not think we will win the football game.  You are better than us in football.  I look forward to meeting some of you in Huntington and just hope you're better hosts than Thunders suggests you will be.  Here are some examples of the hospitality he intends to provide.

"Come to my tailgate and get verbally assaulted by the Herd faithful!"

"How about you come on down here and I will put your ass to sleep."

"Can't wait to beat your @sses on the field and if you wonder over near my tailgate you will get abused by me and my friends so don't try it."

"Most of you guys are nothing but $hit under my feet"

"I can't wait to talk **** to your stupid fans!! I hope they have the worst time at any stadium. "

It really makes me want to come to West Virginia!! :lol:

Oh yeah, and if you were not aware, Thunders is studying to be a CRNA, but before you let him put you under I’d think about this: “I have to take care of guys everyday against my will because that is my job. I provide life saving techniques to hilljacks that should not even breath again in my opinion so you know nothing about what I do.”
     :shock:  :???:  :(

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #120 on: July 08, 2005, 04:23:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• This is where Bill and MaryAnn play. My HS stadium looks better. What a slum.

Offline HerdChemist89

• All American
    « Reply #121 on: July 08, 2005, 06:01:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "HerdZone"

This is where Bill and MaryAnn play. My HS stadium looks better. What a slum.

What a joke.

:lol:  :neutral:

HerdFans.com

« Reply #121 on: July 08, 2005, 06:01:28 PM »

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    Re: *
    « Reply #122 on: July 08, 2005, 06:27:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "HerdChemist89"
    What a joke.

:lol:  :neutral:

I understand some I-AA schools are I-AA because of lower budgets. But come on take a look at Montama and McNeese State. They have stadiums that look nice.

Washington Grizzly Stadium

Cowboy Stadium

The picture of Cowboy Stadium was taken 12-09-1995. And the 2 schools on the field are McNeese and Marshall. The Division I-AA Semifinal Playoff Game. That we won 25-13.

Offline HerdChemist89

• All American
    « Reply #123 on: July 08, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    HerdZone : "I understand some I-AA schools are I-AA because of lower budgets. But come on take a look at Montama and McNeese State. They have stadiums that look nice. "

Yeah.....but HZ, we are talking about that quaint little "Miami of Ohio" school in Virginia........Bill and Mary.

There is no comparing that rusty set of bleachers B&M calls a stadium to the Montana and McNeese State facilities. BTW, Montana has decent teams and an excellent following and could very well make the transition to IA.

Bill and Mary would never make the cut as a IA team.

:smile:

Offline HerdChemist89

• All American
    « Reply #124 on: July 08, 2005, 06:41:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We left something out.

Yup, Bill and Mary just joined the 21st century. Now they got electricity and lights.

http://www.tribeathletics.com/story.php/3617/

:cool:

HerdFans.com

« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2005, 06:41:17 PM »