Author Topic: THE HERD vs Cincy GAME THREAD!  (Read 10569 times)

Offline Herdfan92

• Junior Varsity
THE HERD vs Cincy GAME THREAD!
« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2007, 11:03:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It does look like our scrubs are better than their scrubs.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2007, 11:03:24 PM »

Offline GreenKnight

• All American
    The Last Time Marshall Started 0-4?
    « Reply #251 on: September 22, 2007, 11:09:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1969!

:cry:

I HATE'M IF THEY AIN'T THE HERD!
    - Stick4489

IF STUPID HURT, PEOPLE WOULDN'T DO IT!

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #252 on: September 22, 2007, 11:09:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • just got up to check the score and ended up catching the last 2 plays of the game...

After the game, Snyder and Kelly shook hands and Snyder started to cry after he walked away.

Fellas, I dont think Snyder is going to stick around much longer....

The way we are playing his recruiting will start going down hilll pretty rapidly....and once he cant recruit and the program is stigmatized with his brand on it....he will opt out.

If he leaves in 2 years the program will be so damaged that it will take 4 years to pull out if we get a good coach....

I say at best we are 6 years away from a winning season.....just my opinion...

Offline Blood & Thunder

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #253 on: September 22, 2007, 11:11:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "catbird70"
    just got up to check the score and ended up catching the last 2 plays of the game...

After the game, Snyder and Kelly shook hands and Snyder started to cry after he walked away.

Fellas, I dont think Snyder is going to stick around much longer....

The way we are playing his recruiting will start going down hilll pretty rapidly....and once he cant recruit and the program is stigmatized with his brand on it....he will opt out.

If he leaves in 2 years the program will be so damaged that it will take 4 years to pull out if we get a good coach....

I say at best we are 6 years away from a winning season.....just my opinion...

I thought you went to bed.

Offline raf66

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #254 on: September 22, 2007, 11:24:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 'Bout time he cried.  He's been making Herd Nation cry for nearly 2 1/2 years now.

Offline applegbt

• Rookie
    « Reply #255 on: September 23, 2007, 11:43:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "GreenKnight"
    35,097 is Cincy's stadium attandance record? In a city of over 300,000 people thier best record is only 35,000.

In our defense, the stadium only holds 35,000.  However, I should also point out that it's only the second official sellout ever, and really in my opinion the first "real" sellout in that I didn't see a lot of no-shows.  Also the first time I witnessed a significant student presence.  All a pathetic testament to our fan base, I will be the first to admit.

We have a lot to battle with our football program.  This town has a long history of rabidly following high school football, and of course an NFL following as well.  College football is kind of sandwiched in between friday night lights and nfl sundays.  Combine that with the fact that there is a huge Ohio State following here, and historically UC has been mediocre on the playing field...all adds up to lots of empty seats.  There was a big part of me that wondered if we could even fill Nippert if we had a ranked team.  So I am thrilled at the turnout last night.  It's exciting for me to see as a long time UC fan.  Hopefully we the wave will last a while...I'll be riding it as long as it does!

Anyway, had a great time at the game, Marshall fans were first class as usual.  Game was not so great, very sloppy on both sides I thought, but a win is a win and I'll take it.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2007, 11:43:16 AM »