Author Topic: What does it say when........  (Read 11213 times)

Offline ThunderZone

What does it say when........
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 08:56:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "marshallsoccer"
    There might have been private workouts with NFL teams at the stadium with guys, but that wasn't because of BP, that was because of the NFL teams. BP only had pro days, just like we still do with Snyder. Nothing else, nothing special. I know you love BP and not-so-much with Snyder, but nothing has changed as far as getting guys into the league other than BP let recruiting slip towards the end of his career.

Let it go soccer ... You can't reason with this guy ... He can't wait for threads like this so he and his agenda can jump in and spew this garbage ... He cherry picks and uses half truths that fit his message and ignores everything else ...

It's pointless, you can't have a debate with him and he has no clue on how to use a little class in his critiques ... All he does is pick favorites and bash and use personal attacks on anyone he doesn't like.

It's the same tired story over and over ... Let it go and don't respond ... I gave up a long time ago ... There is no point.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 08:56:11 PM »

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    Re: What does it say when........
    « Reply #26 on: May 03, 2007, 11:22:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "eastlynnchillidog"
    Derek Devine gets a free agent try out and he had to play behind Bernie and Skinner?  Do the pro scouts see something that our coaches cant?  Does he know someone in the organization?  Explain to me how someone that is third on Marshall's QB depth chart last year gets a free agent try out.  Bernie will never get a try out and Skinner obviously didnt get one, so how the hell does this happen?  I am happy for him but very confused right now.  Say he makes a team, gets forced into action and does very well and starts for a team one day.  How many times you think we are going to hear that he was the third string QB at Marshall University and rarely played?  Boy this could get interesting because someone is going to look like a complete dum&^$r*(.  Obviously, right now its our coaching staff.  Sorry to say it, but if he is good enough for a pro try out and wasnt good enough to crack the two-deep chart for us, someone here really screwed up.  Pro scouts obviously see something in the guy that our coaching staff never did and I hope it doesnt come back to bite us in the ass.

Since you dont know anything about football or the NFL let me enlighten you on the subject. First of all, he isnt a free agent, he was invited to a mini camp or maybe he asked and they said, okay. Every NFL team has mini camps in which they invite several college players, semi pro players, and even players that have never played in college (though most have) in hopes of finding a low budget players for the 1st and 2nd team to beat up on, also known as a practice squad. It certainly doesnt take much to get invited to a mini camp (like maybe being able to walk in an upright position) and your chances of making it are about a hundred to one. If their lucky the seahawks may keep one on the practice squad and thats it, or maybe they wont keep any. It doesnt cost the NFL team anything to watch you for a day so whats the harm. Devine isnt even getting payed gas money to get him there. Its really not that big of a deal. I've seen players actually make it on the field from these mini camps but its extremely rare. So now you can say you know what a mini camp is. Lets call it a tryout to become a free agent (aka walk-on). Like I said it doesnt take much. And for your information, Bernie will get one from every NFL team if he wanted it and so could Skinner.    

So stop spouting off like you know something about the game and how stupid are coaches are going to look because your the only one that looks stupid. Your a fan and thats it.

Did I mention the fact that you sound just like the typical fan.

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 04:37:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "marshallsoccer"
    Quote from: "catbird70"
    Quote from: "marshallsoccer"
    Quote from: "marshallsoccer"
    Anything to the fact that he practiced out in Oregon?

If he was doing work outs at Marshall for the NFL then wouldnt that be egg on the coaching staffs face?

Was Marshall coaches not willing to help him get the workouts?  Its pretty sad if he had to turn else where than his own univeristy and coaches to get NFL workouts.....that in itself is an embarassment.  

If the coaches had some forsight, they would have had them at Marshall and maybe worked in a chance to help some other Marshall players get exposure for the NFL.  Thats what Pruett use to do....

Why wouldnt Marshall coaches do this?  Maybe there were trying to sweep this whole thing under the rug....?  Embarassing

Wow, wade with an uneducated / off-base attack on our coaching staff. Either way we had pro day here at the stadium, which he was welcome to participate in as well as other seniors.

can always count on the personal attacks from you....thanks again...keep up the good work...

I think that its strange that he would never get the chance to start at Marshall and then have to go back home to Oregon just to work out with the NFL.  If I learn knew info (please feel free to share) Id be happy to revise my opinion.  What do you know about the details of pro day?  please share with us any details on how it was handled.

Like I said...upon learning knew info...Im always willing to revise my opinion..and I reserve the right to do so...but as far as the QB controversy goes....I havent had to revise my stance for several years despite challenges from posters like yourself....so far our starting QB has stepped on the field every year and done nothing more than prove me right....we will see come fall....wanna make a wager on BMs success this fall?

Marshall hosts a pro day every year, invites scouts from all teams in and then all draft-eligible players go through the 40, short shuttle, long shuttle, 3 cone drill, bench press, position drills, etc.

NFL rules allow players to either work out at a pro day at their school on in their hometown, it is the player's decision.

Obviously Devine decided to work out back in Oregon at home.

Aside from pro day it isn't the schools responsibility to setup any other workouts, etc. It is up to the player and his agent to do so...

If im not mistaken...BP allowed some special workouts to be done at the stadium....not just pro day.....

But after how DD was treated at MArshall I would want to go home too....

Besides, it was a classy move....to have them at the stadium would have just been egg in the coaches faces......

There might have been private workouts with NFL teams at the stadium with guys, but that wasn't because of BP, that was because of the NFL teams. BP only had pro days, just like we still do with Snyder. Nothing else, nothing special. I know you love BP and not-so-much with Snyder, but nothing has changed as far as getting guys into the league other than BP let recruiting slip towards the end of his career.

BP was great....he paid his dues and earned his reputation as a winner....Snyder has yet to do that.....and I dont think Snyder would want it any other way....it seems like thats the way he handles his team....pay your dues put in your time, be an upper classman and you will get the respect and credit and success you deserve..

Honestly I think he has been behind the bad QB choices and doesnt seem to have experience with buliding a offense that actually works....but he is on a learning curve (unlike BM which I dont think can be taught how to be a QB.)  But if he can turn the program around and win....it will wash all of that away in a heart beat...because winning is the bottom line...

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    « Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 07:42:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Where are the results of Marshall's proday?  Can't find them anywhere.

Offline eastlynnchillidog

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #29 on: May 04, 2007, 08:23:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Dreamherd"
    Where are the results of Marshall's proday?  Can't find them anywhere.

Devine had to go to Oregon to get a tryout.  Keyes didnt sign with anyone.  I would say our proday this year was a success!!  Pruett did more for the prodays.

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 08:38:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Quote from: "Dreamherd"

Devine had to go to Oregon to get a tryout.  Keyes didnt sign with anyone.  I would say our proday this year was a success!!  Pruett did more for the prodays.

It sounds as if you are still missing the point of the pro day.

Devine didn't have to go to Oregon for a try out ... He chose to do so ... He can have participated in the pro day here on campus, but chose to do otherwise.

Pruett didn't do anything more for the pro days than Snyder is doing ... We just happended to have more high profile guys coming through at that time which spiked up the media coverage of the pro day and had more NFL scouts interested in coming in for it.

But, it doesn't have anything to do with one coach doing any more or less to promote the players or the pro day ... They submit the date that they are holding the workout to the NFL and they list it with every other school that is hosting a pro day ... They tell the players the date so they can make their agents aware of the date ... And the agents can go push it to NFL clubs ... The players themselves with their performances/ careers dictate who and how many scouts want to come and watch it not the coaches ... The coaches by themselves can do very little.

Offline eastlynnchillidog

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 08:54:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "ThunderZone"
    Quote from: "eastlynnchillidog"

Devine didn't have to go to Oregon for a try out ... He chose to do so ... He can have participated in the pro day here on campus, but chose to do otherwise.

Pruett didn't do anything more for the pro days than Snyder is doing ... We just happended to have more high profile guys coming through at that time which spiked up the media coverage of the pro day and had more NFL scouts interested in coming in for it.

But, it doesn't have anything to do with one coach doing any more or less to promote the players or the pro day ... They submit the date that they are holding the workout to the NFL and they list it with every other school that is hosting a pro day ... They tell the players the date so they can make their agents aware of the date ... And the agents can go push it to NFL clubs ... The players themselves with their performances/ careers dictate who and how many scouts want to come and watch it not the coaches ... The coaches by themselves can do very little.

Unless your a pro scout, don't act like your the guru of how it is ran.  I am not missing the point on anything.  Devine obviously made the right choice going to Oregon.  He obviously knew he had a better shot at making it on a team up there.  Keyes has got nothing and he stayed in Huntington.  Common sense tells you our "pro day" wasnt that productive.

Online 2xBison

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 09:03:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Unless your a pro scout, don't act like your the guru of how it is ran. I am not missing the point on anything. Devine obviously made the right choice going to Oregon. He obviously knew he had a better shot at making it on a team up there. Keyes has got nothing and he stayed in Huntington. Common sense tells you our "pro day" wasnt that productive.

TZ, soccer, alumni74 et al........give it up.  these guys are much too clever for you all.........you are out of your element :shock:
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 09:07:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Quote from: "ThunderZone"
    Quote from: "eastlynnchillidog"

Unless your a pro scout, don't act like your the guru of how it is ran.  I am not missing the point on anything.  Devine obviously made the right choice going to Oregon.  He obviously knew he had a better shot at making it on a team up there.  Keyes has got nothing and he stayed in Huntington.  Common sense tells you our "pro day" wasnt that productive.

No need to get all worked up ... All I did was point out some inaccuracies in your post.

You stated that DD "had" to go to Oregon for a workout ... Which was not the case ... He chose to do so.

You said Pruett did more for the pro days ... Which is not true ... The coaches themselves can do very little ... You set a date and if clubs are interested they come in.

I'm not a scout, but I do know how the pro day works, I've been down on the field in the past when we held them here ... I know enough on how it works.

Was never trying to sound like a guru ... You made statements that weren't true and I corrected it ... Don't take it so freaking personally ... It wasn't a personal attack on you ... Thought you might be interested in where you were wrong.

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 09:10:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "2xBison"
    Unless your a pro scout, don't act like your the guru of how it is ran. I am not missing the point on anything. Devine obviously made the right choice going to Oregon. He obviously knew he had a better shot at making it on a team up there. Keyes has got nothing and he stayed in Huntington. Common sense tells you our "pro day" wasnt that productive.

TZ, soccer, alumni74 et al........give it up.  these guys are much too clever for you all.........you are out of your element :shock:

No kidding 2x ... I guess when you have your mind that set on something or someone all facts and reason does is get in the way of your opinion or agenda.

Have at it fellas.

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 09:17:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For the record the schools do not organize the pro day, they merely set the date. Once pro day starts it is ran by the scouts that are there. Our coaches, other than Cochran who assists the scouts with what they need, are not involved other than being interviewed by the scouts in private about a player.

Keyes likely didn't sign anywhere because of his agent. Guys like Keyes need agents to help pump them up to NFL brass, then after the draft his agent needs to call all 32 teams and sell them why they need to sign Keyes to a free agent contract...

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    « Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 09:54:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Results of the proday?  Gil Brandt updates all prodays and he has nothing on Marshall.  Usually Marshall's results are posted by NFL.com.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 09:54:38 AM »

Offline bigblankowsky

• Varsity
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #37 on: May 04, 2007, 10:38:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • did they actually HAVE a proday here this year? I posted the day before the scheduled date about it and no one responded about it being a sure thing. I wanted to go watch but never heard any more about it. Is it possible that they didnt have one or was someone there to confirm it?

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #38 on: May 04, 2007, 10:40:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "bigblankowsky"
    did they actually HAVE a proday here this year? I posted the day before the scheduled date about it and no one responded about it being a sure thing. I wanted to go watch but never heard any more about it. Is it possible that they didnt have one or was someone there to confirm it?

I spoke with Coach Gale the day before and he told me they were having it. I don't think they'd cancel it the day of...

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    « Reply #39 on: May 04, 2007, 10:49:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who participated?  Bradshaw has no record of a proday, which I thought he should have done to increase his stock.  B.Jackson ran slower at the combine in the 40 than Bradshaw, but a month later ran a high 4.4 at his proday.  It helped his stock.

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #40 on: May 04, 2007, 10:51:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Who participated?  Bradshaw has no record of a proday, which I thought he should have done to increase his stock.  B.Jackson ran slower at the combine in the 40 than Bradshaw, but a month later ran a high 4.4 at his proday.  It helped his stock.

Ahmad wasn't getting the best advice from his agents, I think he made a mistake in choice of agents...

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #41 on: May 04, 2007, 12:09:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Results of the proday?  Gil Brandt updates all prodays and he has nothing on Marshall.  Usually Marshall's results are posted by NFL.com.

Ive sat back and observed a several times when soccer fabricates stories and facts in detail...usually when he is extreamly opposed to someones point of view....its his desperation move....I wasnt going to call him on it because its difficult to detect exactly where he leaves facts behind and moves on into fiction...but it looks like you guys saw through his bluff anyway...

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #42 on: May 04, 2007, 12:11:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "bigblankowsky"
    did they actually HAVE a proday here this year? I posted the day before the scheduled date about it and no one responded about it being a sure thing. I wanted to go watch but never heard any more about it. Is it possible that they didnt have one or was someone there to confirm it?
     Make sure the confirmation isnt from Marshall Soccer or someone simply wanting to back him up...

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #43 on: May 04, 2007, 12:15:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "catbird70"
    Results of the proday?  Gil Brandt updates all prodays and he has nothing on Marshall.  Usually Marshall's results are posted by NFL.com.

Ive sat back and observed a several times when soccer fabricates stories and facts in detail...usually when he is extreamly opposed to someones point of view....its his desperation move....I wasnt going to call him on it because its difficult to detect exactly where he leaves facts behind and moves on into fiction...but it looks like you guys saw through his bluff anyway...

what did i fabricate? find 1 post with fabricated information.

Offline bigblankowsky

• Varsity
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #44 on: May 04, 2007, 01:31:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Quote from: "bigblankowsky"
     Make sure the confirmation isnt from Marshall Soccer or someone simply wanting to back him up...

I just wanted to know if they actually had one since I never saw results or heard anything on the news. I would like facts though and dont want to take sides. :lol:

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2007, 08:45:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

That is freaking HYSTERICAL coming from the likes of you...

Now, pot tell me what color the kettle is?

That is your M.O.

But, answer soccer's question and enlighten us all tell us where soccer has fabricated anything ... Because as far as this thread goes he has been right on ... The only people proven to have false statements are you and chilidog … But you can’t see it due to your own blinded agenda.

With that being said I’m finished with this thread because everyone is doing you a favor by giving you attention and keeping this at the top of the board.

The old adage says that ignorance is bliss … Stay happy fella’s.

Offline Muboss32

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #46 on: May 04, 2007, 09:43:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have never in my life seen a bunch of grown men and women acting like children.  Get over it.  If you dont like someone's opinion, dont comment.  Its that easy.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2007, 09:43:27 PM »

Offline Hawk#19

• Rookie
    Re: What does it say when........
    « Reply #47 on: May 04, 2007, 10:18:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: eastlynnchillidog
    Derek Devine gets a free agent try out and he had to play behind Bernie and Skinner?  Do the pro scouts see something that our coaches cant?  Does he know someone in the organization?  Explain to me how someone that is third on Marshall's QB depth chart last year gets a free agent try out.  Bernie will never get a try out and Skinner obviously didnt get one, so how the hell does this happen?  I am happy for him but very confused right now.  Say he makes a team, gets forced into action and does very well and starts for a team one day.  How many times you think we are going to hear that he was the third string QB at Marshall University and rarely played?  Boy this could get interesting because someone is going to look like a complete dum&^$r*(.  Obviously, right now its our coaching staff.  Sorry to say it, but if he is good enough for a pro try out and wasnt good enough to crack the two-deep chart for us, someone here really screwed up.  Pro scouts obviously see something in the guy that our coaching staff never did and I hope it doesnt come back to bite us in the ass.

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #48 on: May 05, 2007, 07:55:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "ThunderZone"

That is freaking HYSTERICAL coming from the likes of you...

Now, pot tell me what color the kettle is?

That is your M.O.

But, answer soccer's question and enlighten us all tell us where soccer has fabricated anything ... Because as far as this thread goes he has been right on ... The only people proven to have false statements are you and chilidog … But you can’t see it due to your own blinded agenda.

With that being said I’m finished with this thread because everyone is doing you a favor by giving you attention and keeping this at the top of the board.

The old adage says that ignorance is bliss … Stay happy fella’s.

Its great that youve got your hometown buddies back...but...

Show me anywhere where Ive talked about something in detail and claimed it to be fact because I saw it or I talked to someone on the inside about it....you simply cant...because I havent....I rest my case.

Soccer clearly fabricates details on occassion and uses them to rebut someones opinion....and I wasnt the first one to challenge it...I was just responding to several posters who already have on this thread...so go after the ones that directly challenged his "facts".

Its one thing to disagree and to state you opinion...but why falsify facts about being an eyewitness to something or talking to a coach or laying out pretend facts about how something works with in the athletic dept simply to try and sway an opinion or win a debate...thats silly.

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #49 on: May 05, 2007, 09:56:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Soccer clearly fabricates details on occassion and uses them to rebut someones opinion....and I wasnt the first one to challenge it...I was just responding to several posters who already have on this thread...so go after the ones that directly challenged his "facts".

Its one thing to disagree and to state you opinion...but why falsify facts about being an eyewitness to something or talking to a coach or laying out pretend facts about how something works with in the athletic dept simply to try and sway an opinion or win a debate...thats silly.

point them out daddy's boy...

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2007, 09:56:44 AM »