Author Topic: Coach Info.  (Read 10530 times)

Offline Flat Tire

• All American
Coach Info.
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2007, 11:16:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • CUSA does have more potential than the MAC or Southern Conference, but right now we're not much better than them.

Are you a student? No need to discuss or make another reply to you. Peace.

HerdFans.com

Coach Info.
    « Reply #125 on: March 26, 2007, 11:16:44 AM »

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    Coach Info.
    « Reply #126 on: March 26, 2007, 11:18:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Flat Tire"
    CUSA does have more potential than the MAC or Southern Conference, but right now we're not much better than them.

I know, it must be hard for you to argue a losing battle.

There's nothing that signifies that fact that we're a major basketball conference.

Offline catbird70

• All American
    Coach Info.
    « Reply #127 on: March 26, 2007, 12:06:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "ThunderValley"
    Donovan is a good coach but put him at Winthrop and he couldnt do what Marshall has done. Put Marshall at Marshall and he would do more than Donovan did...

Please tell me how you know all that. Do you have a bridge for sale?

I dont know all that....its called and opinion.......have you ever expressed one on here before?  

Well Marshall has done more at winthrop than Donavan did at Marshall....by light years.....comparing the schools...simply take it from there...Marshall at Winthrop would have crushed Donavan at Marshall.....tell me why you think that wouldnt be so....if you have an opinion.

Offline ThunderValley

Coach Info.
    « Reply #128 on: March 26, 2007, 03:17:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    ...Marshall at Winthrop would have crushed Donavan at Marshall.....tell me why you think that wouldnt be so....if you have an opinion.

.... surely you cannot compare MU years ago with what Winthrop is doing now.  :oops:

Offline ridenherd

• Rookie
    Coach Info.
    « Reply #129 on: March 26, 2007, 03:39:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    CUSA does have more potential than the MAC or Southern Conference, but right now we're not much better than them.

Flat Tire:  As I too have been the recipient of your condescending "no need to discuss or make another reply" jab that always ends with "Peace"-------any chance you could cut that crap out?  Oh, I almost forgot-------Peace

Offline chezdog30

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    Coach Info.
    « Reply #130 on: April 07, 2007, 08:37:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I heard that the game with Florida could happen this next year. And, it its going to be at the CAM. What a great day... :cool:

Offline Flat Tire

• All American
    Coach Info.
    « Reply #131 on: April 07, 2007, 08:52:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have to give it you cheez, you were correct. It appears that it was a done deal from the start.

Please tell us why MU had a committtee and said they were going conduct to a national search? I say this because a member of the athlectic department has said the Jones was Kayo's choice from the start. Why didn't they go ahead and give the job to Jones and let him get an early start on recruiting?

Also it appears that Jones signed off on releasing the recruits from the LOI. Does Jones have some recruits ready to sign.?

Since you have the contacts, you tell us what really happented. Inquiring minds want to know. :-D

Offline marshallmark

Coach Info.
    « Reply #132 on: April 07, 2007, 08:56:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Also it appears that Jones signed off on releasing the recruits from the LOI.

Where did THAT come from?
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline Flat Tire

• All American
    Coach Info.
    « Reply #133 on: April 07, 2007, 08:58:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "marshallmark"
    Quote from: "Flat Tire"
    Also it appears that Jones signed off on releasing the recruits from the LOI.

Where did THAT come from?

If you was a done deal, I am guessing the AD department talked to Jones before they took action. That would seem reasonable?

Offline tradebait

Coach Info.
    « Reply #134 on: April 07, 2007, 09:05:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "HerdZone"
    Quote from: "_sturt_"
    Quote from: "HerdZone"
    who has never called a timeout

Not necessarily my first pick, but I'm sorry... this is just shallow thinking.

Prove me wrong... go do the math, and show me how much more successful these timeout-callers have had, per the post from earlier today... double-dog-dare-ya, but if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Lets see here: Pelphery took a 9 win South Alabama in 4 yrs and turned them into Sun Belt Champs and an NCAA team

Marshall took a team that had 1 winning season in 15 yrs and turned them into a team you really don't want to schedule

Gillen rebuilt 2 programs until running into problems at UVA and he was still 25 games above .500 there

Brownell rebuilt UNCW in 4 yrs and took them to the dance, and turned Wright St around in a year

Byrd took a NAIA team to DI to ASUN champs and and NCAA

Where as Donnie Jones been the last 13 yrs. Last man on Donovans totem pole till this year. I don't want Donovans last man on the totem pole. There was a reason he was there 12 yrs. And why has no other school went after him, seriously.

Too late HZ, you pissed in your cornflakes with your hyperbole.  You  have zero credibility, none, nada, zilch.
    Superior skill and knowledge win over fear and superstition each and every time.

HerdFans.com

Coach Info.
    « Reply #134 on: April 07, 2007, 09:05:08 AM »