Author Topic: Handlogten entered portal  (Read 11807 times)

Online 2xBison

Re: Handlogten entered portal
« Reply #375 on: April 12, 2023, 08:17:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you want to pm me I?d be glad to share. I?m not posting them on the board. As it?s none of our business what?s going on with their business.
    Yet you here discussing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2, Herdalum83

HerdFans.com

« Reply #375 on: April 12, 2023, 08:17:50 PM »

Offline YaHerd24

« Reply #376 on: April 12, 2023, 08:27:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yet you here discussing it

Yeah think putting there names is a little different?

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #377 on: April 12, 2023, 08:38:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unless they're breaking rules, why are the names so secret?  We're expected to give $ towards these NIL deals, but we don't have a right to know who's receiving it?  Nobody's asking for address, phone, or SSN, just names of athletes receiving NIL $.  There's no reason that should be "classified" info.

The following users thanked this post: mubowhunter, Herdalum83

Online herd2win

« Reply #378 on: April 12, 2023, 09:11:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Time will tell how much Micah received as it will likely be public information.  If he did, and I seriously doubt it, he better perform or he will be kicked out of school.

Online Herdalum83

« Reply #379 on: April 12, 2023, 10:01:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really don't know where some of you people are getting the info you are getting. While some athletes are getting massive NIL deals, the vast majority of them are barely getting anything at all and most of the ones with huge amounts of NIL dollars are not just top athletes but also have HUGE social media followings.

These are the numbers from 2022 the first full year of the NIL. Not numbers I'm making up, but numbers that are actually documented.

The Average value of all NIL transactions: $1,815

The median value of all NIL transactions: $53

The average value of Power 5 NIL deals: $2,144

The average value of Non-Power 5 NIL deals: $558

https://businessofcollegesports.com/name-image-likeness/all-the-stats-for-year-1-of-nil/

Now, I have no doubt that from year one of NIL to year two of NIL that the numbers got substantially bigger. But to the point that a Micah Handlogten is getting 200k? I'm not going to believe it until there is some evidence of that. Also, there is nothing to prove that Texas A&M players make 50k minimum.

Again, these 2022 numbers are available. That year A&M had 18 players on its basketball roster and as a team pulled in $472,735 in NIL money. Divide that figure by the roster and you get, assuming each player was making the same (and we know they weren't) $26,263 per player. Now that's still a substantial sum of money but it's not 50k and again we also know some of those players were making more and some were making less. Which means there was no 50k minimum at all.

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/report-texas-am-aggie-athletes-topped-4-million-in-nil-deals/

Again, I know these numbers probably grew some in year two, but I doubt they grew the way some of you on here are suggesting they did. There are players making HUGE dollars, millions even. But, those players are either absolute STUDS who dominate or players with massive social media followings, or both. Neither of those applies to Handlogten at this juncture.

I'm seeing a lot of people say "Trust me I know" based on players or coaches supposedly telling them things, but, I'm the only one that's posted any numbers, and the numbers are out there and not terribly hard to find.

In the 2021-2022 season, the entirety of Texas A & M's basketball team collectively got just over $472k in NIL money but you want us to believe, just on your word that Micah is getting 500k alone lol

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline goherd24

« Reply #380 on: April 13, 2023, 12:33:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm seeing a lot of people say "Trust me I know" based on players or coaches supposedly telling them things, but, I'm the only one that's posted any numbers, and the numbers are out there and not terribly hard to find.

In the 2021-2022 season, the entirety of Texas A & M's basketball team collectively got just over $472k in NIL money but you want us to believe, just on your word that Micah is getting 500k alone lol

Micah got 6 figures, but not 500k. Lol not even close

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline gtrman4herd

« Reply #381 on: April 17, 2023, 12:55:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Micah got 6 figures, but not 500k. Lol not even close

According to someone well placed within the Athletic Dept, he was offered 250K by Florida.
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more.
    They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for,
    And your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more.
    *John Prine*

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, elginherd, HoPPy785, coalherd

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #382 on: April 17, 2023, 04:00:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have to target D2, NAIA, JUCO and D1 guys that didn't work out at top schools

I agree 💯 here and we have a bench full of guys who couldn?t even sniff the lower levels. 

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline coalherd

« Reply #383 on: April 17, 2023, 07:07:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • According to someone well placed within the Athletic Dept, he was offered 250K by Florida.

Which just means, apparently, that those GATORS have some deep, deep NIL pockets.  Word out today is that Seton Hall''s Center just committed to . . . . . FLORIDA!!  Micah may have a lot of time on the pines this winter to count all of his Portal largesse!!

Offline goherd24

« Reply #384 on: April 18, 2023, 11:12:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Which just means, apparently, that those GATORS have some deep, deep NIL pockets.  Word out today is that Seton Hall''s Center just committed to . . . . . FLORIDA!!  Micah may have a lot of time on the pines this winter to count all of his Portal largesse!!

I hope so. Hope he never sees the court again.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, forphase1, Thundering In MD, coalherd

Online The Right Stuff

« Reply #385 on: April 19, 2023, 10:51:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Micah knew he would never sniff a post season tournament  while at good ole MU.

TRS
    MU 71

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #386 on: April 19, 2023, 10:57:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Micah knew he would never sniff a post season tournament  while at good ole MU.

TRS
    MU 71

Sad but probably true. The SB is a gift that we aren't taking advantage of.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #386 on: April 19, 2023, 10:57:45 AM »

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #387 on: April 19, 2023, 11:06:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Micah got 6 figures, but not 500k. Lol not even close

Does that include cents?  😎

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #388 on: April 19, 2023, 11:54:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

TRS
    MU 71

He will be teabagged and sodomized by SEC talent

Enjoy pal

« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 11:56:32 AM by Garbanjo »

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, herdfifteen

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #389 on: April 19, 2023, 01:33:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

TRS
    MU 71

It is increasingly sounding like his sent of post season tournament is going to be the result of having the best seat in the house to watch it from.

Online 2xBison

« Reply #390 on: April 19, 2023, 03:12:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He will be teabagged and sodomized by SEC talent

Enjoy pal
    If he gets in

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline HerdinNT

« Reply #391 on: April 19, 2023, 07:10:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why did he transfer.  Because he and his family figured out that playing for DD was not going to get him ready for the next level.  Look at Kinsey.  His improvement from start to finish was fair at best.  Not good enough for those who actually have a chance.

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #392 on: April 19, 2023, 07:24:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why does everyone seem to criticize MH? I don't know him, but there's no advantage to beat him down. He left so why doesn't everyone just leave him be?

The following users thanked this post: HerdMan84, mu79grad

Offline coalherd

« Reply #393 on: April 19, 2023, 09:16:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey, ATH, I've yet to see ONE negative word about Mike Hamwreck on this thread!!

Offline girthyherdon

« Reply #394 on: April 19, 2023, 09:20:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He will be teabagged and sodomized by SEC talent

Enjoy pal
    Good luck guarding Tshiebwe when they play UK next year.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #395 on: April 19, 2023, 10:45:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why does everyone seem to criticize MH? I don't know him, but there's no advantage to beat him down. He left so why doesn't everyone just leave him be?

I once again have no issue with Handlogten. I actually don?t blame him at all, especially if he is getting anything over $100k/year whether he plays or not.

My only complaint is DD not understanding the current situation. There?s absolutely no reason to take chances on HS players today. If you find a diamond in the rough like Handlogten then they just leave in a year, MAYBE two years. If they are a bust then they sit on the bench for 4-5 years like Sarenac. It?s a lose lose situation.

We need to primarily recruit the portal moving forward.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: wlf, herdorbust2

Offline coalherd

« Reply #396 on: April 20, 2023, 12:18:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I once again have no issue with Handlogten. I actually don?t blame him at all, especially if he is getting anything over $100k/year whether he plays or not.

My only complaint is DD not understanding the current situation. There?s absolutely no reason to take chances on HS players today. If you find a diamond in the rough like Handlogten then they just leave in a year, MAYBE two years. If they are a bust then they sit on the bench for 4-5 years like Sarenac. It?s a lose lose situation.

We need to primarily recruit the portal moving forward.

But . . . but . . . but Danny wants to get em straight outta HS, coach em up, teach em all the intricacies of his vast, complex offensive system!!  How's that method worked out after nearly a decade of "his way" and a marginally over .500 overall record at MU???

HerdFans.com

« Reply #396 on: April 20, 2023, 12:18:43 AM »