Author Topic: Handlogten entered portal  (Read 11806 times)

Online svherd

Re: Handlogten entered portal
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2023, 08:30:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That stinks?. Good player.  Better start beating the bushes coach!

That made me laugh. I really hope this isn't true, just some Twitter dude spreading crap. If it is, as said, the so called bond between DD and the families is pure BS. If he does leave, I don't think DD will last past next season and I am fine with that. We won't come close to winning 20 games unless we play in the MSAC. Sad day.
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 08:34:40 PM by svherd »

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2023, 08:30:59 PM »

Offline herdly4

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2023, 08:37:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unbelievable, y?all complain he doesn?t open up scholarships, now he opens up a scholarship that can be used on portal and board is still not happy!!!!

Convoluted logic

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2023, 08:46:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Welp, that makes the three year contract worthless. No more sunny outlook on my side.

At least we have Kim Stephens to look forward to in the winter.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, svherd, MicDrass1

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2023, 08:49:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That made me laugh. I really hope this isn't true, just some Twitter dude spreading crap. If it is, as said, the so called bond between DD and the families is pure BS. If he does leave, I don't think DD will last past next season and I am fine with that. We won't come close to winning 20 games unless we play in the MSAC. Sad day.

Danny is in a fantasy world. He thinks he can honor his mistakes and the players will all show that same loyalty. This kind of thinking is a fast way to destroy a program. This isn't kiddie YMCA but big boy basketball and he better learn that real fast or he is going to leave Marshall with a mess to clean up. Looks like Goran will get his job back.

Offline cincyherdfan

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2023, 09:05:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In talking to a few people that were in Pensacola this was known there amongst a lot of the player parents.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Flat Tire 2, Herd2believe

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2023, 09:10:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If this is true about Micah, next season is looking brutal. Dan should have retired when he was on top.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Flat Tire 2, herdly4, MicDrass1, herdorbust2

Offline goherd24

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2023, 09:11:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Audios. To hell with him. Gorans time to shine.

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2023, 09:12:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well there you go.... No cornerstone to build around. Whoever it was that said NIL is ruining college sports hit the nail on the head. But I'd add that the new transfer rules are equally culpable. The two together are destroying college sports.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline wlf

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2023, 09:17:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • NCAA basketball is dead. I wouldn't be surprised if DD does retire. Unless Marshall gets itself a Steve Cohen we're a minor league team for P5s. There will be no more mid majors , it's Darwinian college sports.

Even if we work the portal, we're just going to get scraps anyway.
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 09:18:51 PM by wlf »

The following users thanked this post: herdly4

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2023, 09:25:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well there you go.... No cornerstone to build around. Whoever it was that said NIL is ruining college sports hit the nail on the head. But I'd add that the new transfer rules are equally culpable. The two together are destroying college sports.

Not really. You have to change with the times. Keeping a coach that doesn't understand todays players and recruiting is a huge mistake by Smith and Spears. The portal can take the but give them also. Farliegh Dickinson, FAU, UAB and others prove you can do damage if you are willing to put in the work and see the real world as it is. But you have to be beating the bushes non stop and staying on top of things. We have the exact opposite trying to walk on egg shells with your players and build with freshman like the sixties.

The following users thanked this post: whf, herdfan129

Offline YaHerd24

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2023, 09:28:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Not really. You have to change with the times. Keeping a coach that doesn't understand todays players and recruiting is a huge mistake by Smith and Spears. The portal can take the but give them also. Farliegh weenieinson, FAU, UAB and others prove you can do damage if you are willing to put in the work and see the real world as it is. But you have to be beating the bushes non stop and staying on top of things. We have the exact opposite trying to walk on egg shells with your players and build with freshman like the sixties.

For the love of god quit using FDU as an example, they finished third in NEC and didn?t win their conference tournament and were like 1 game over .500 during year. They are not what you wanna look like. Fau? Okay. UAB? Fine.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2023, 09:31:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • For the love of god quit using FDU as an example, they finished third in NEC and didn?t win their conference tournament and were like 1 game over .500 during year. They are not what you wanna look like. Fau? Okay. UAB? Fine.

FDU would have rolled us. Very fun team with good guards that beat Purdue. Who did we beat?

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2023, 09:31:17 PM »

Offline YaHerd24

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2023, 09:36:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• FDU would have rolled us. Very fun team with good guards that beat Purdue. Who did we beat?
    They would not have rolled us. Very likely we would have beat them during year. At end when they were hot? Maybe not. During season we would have beat them. Everyone beats Purdue in ncaa tournament. Wake up bust they have lost to a 13, a 15, and a 16 seed in last three tournaments. Maybe pay a little attention to things instead of trying to cherry pick arguments for your sky is falling all the time theory. If guards were so good why did they finish third in NEC to not one but two transitioning d2 schools? Can you explain that?

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #38 on: March 30, 2023, 09:37:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought giving DD this ridiculous 3 year extension was supposed to placate a couple "families" who were concerned about Danny's status.  What a joke.  We give the kid his shot, he plays decent, then bolts.  Adios.  He will get abused on a bigger stage......in my opinion.

Micah should stay

This is his level to develop

Won't play or will get destroyed at Auburn

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, chris88

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2023, 09:40:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now DD needs to raise 50ppg.  Use the portal on best D2 players.  Go Juco as well.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan129

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2023, 09:44:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They would not have rolled us. Very likely we would have beat them during year. At end when they were hot? Maybe not. During season we would have beat them. Everyone beats Purdue in ncaa tournament. Wake up bust they have lost to a 13, a 15, and a 16 seed in last three tournaments. Maybe pay a little attention to things instead of trying to cherry pick arguments for your sky is falling all the time theory. If guards were so good why did they finish third in NEC to not one but two transitioning d2 schools? Can you explain that?

Your opinion.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2023, 09:45:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A HC will never know who will leave now.  You have to over recruit and build the best team possible.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2

Offline herdman22

Handlogten entered portal
    « Reply #42 on: March 30, 2023, 09:46:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Your opinion.
    Queens beat them worse than they beat us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline YaHerd24

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2023, 09:48:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Your opinion.
    An educated guess which data would back up. Records? Scores? Strength of conferences? Etc?. ?The sky is falling the sky is falling? all you know

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2023, 09:49:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought giving DD this ridiculous 3 year extension was supposed to placate a couple "families" who were concerned about Danny's status.  What a joke.  We give the kid his shot, he plays decent, then bolts.  Adios.  He will get abused on a bigger stage......in my opinion.
    This is all we heard prior to the extension.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herd1990, forphase1, Scottyo614, herdfan129

Offline YaHerd24

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2023, 09:50:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Think this is why DD got the three year extension. They knew he would have to build team over from scratch. Our leaders are playing chess while we mere mortals are playing checkers. This contract brilliantly gives us time to start over and let DD build from ground up!
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 09:51:38 PM by YaHerd24 »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2023, 09:54:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • An educated guess which data would back up. Records? Scores? Strength of conferences? Etc?. ?The sky is falling the sky is falling? all you know

Live in your dream world. And I do mean dream world. Educated guess? Lol!!! The past dies not guarantee the future. If that is true then Purdue will never win another NCAA game according to you.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2023, 09:54:04 PM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2023, 09:55:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Think this is why DD got the three year extension. They knew he would have to build team over from scratch. Our leaders are playing chess while we mere mortals are playing checkers. This contract brilliantly gives us time to start over and let DD build from ground up!

Lmao!!! This has to be the dumbest post ever. He needs to start from scratch after being here 9 years? Wow just wow!!!!

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline YaHerd24

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2023, 10:01:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lmao!!! This has to be the dumbest post ever. He needs to start from scratch after being here 9 years? Wow just wow!!!!
    Bust, the joke went over your head. Which is not surprising considering your a Maroon

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2023, 10:02:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bust, the joke went over your head. Which is not surprising considering your a Maroon

Sure it was a joke!!! You already think they will be in the ncaa this year and wanting me to apologize lmao!!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2023, 10:02:52 PM »