Author Topic: we've had 10 full days to prepare and  (Read 728 times)

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Head Coach
  • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
we've had 10 full days to prepare and
« on: October 21, 2022, 06:54:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff says Colombi is healthy and ready to play.  just like last game where we had everyone healthy and 10 days to prepare. except we are on the road.   So with that knowledge I think its best to bet the under -50.5 with $100.   Im up several hundred so it's no big deal.   I don't like the +12.5 either way.

We know that we are gonna run the ball 40 times and kill the clock.   I just worry that JMU might really stack the box and get us 3 and out and then wear our defense out and start scoring quick.  Last week both Colombi and Francher converted one 3rd down by passing, combined, the entire game, at home.

It's crazy to think we have a 6th yr QB and 90% starters returning on defense and yet im worrying about James Madison beating us by 28-35 points like they are Ohio State, LSU or somebody.  If I didn't laugh about it, id cry.

HerdFans.com

we've had 10 full days to prepare and
    « on: October 21, 2022, 06:54:37 PM »

Offline muherd34

Re: we've had 10 full days to prepare and
    « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 07:08:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff says Colombi is healthy and ready to play.  just like last game where we had everyone healthy and 10 days to prepare. except we are on the road.   So with that knowledge I think its best to bet the under -50.5 with $100.   Im up several hundred so it's no big deal.   I don't like the +12.5 either way.

We know that we are gonna run the ball 40 times and kill the clock.   I just worry that JMU might really stack the box and get us 3 and out and then wear our defense out and start scoring quick.  Last week both Colombi and Francher converted one 3rd down by passing, combined, the entire game, at home.

It's crazy to think we have a 6th yr QB and 90% starters returning on defense and yet im worrying about James Madison beating us by 28-35 points like they are Ohio State, LSU or somebody.  If I didn't laugh about it, id cry.

Yep.  Pretty depressing

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdEcon

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 07:10:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's pathetic

Get it together Huff

The following users thanked this post: muherd34

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 07:47:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's pathetic

Get it together Huff

I hear he took a predecessors' advice and got a dog.

Offline MUHERD1

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 08:15:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don?t think JMU is gonna have to load the box to stop us. They have the #1 run defense in the country.

The following users thanked this post: beau42m

Offline Big City

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2022, 09:54:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actually I'd say about 9 days for coaches and 7-8 days for players to prepare for JMU. More than usual but not a full 10.

Marshall should be able to pass the ball a touch more against JMU which should open up some running lanes for some positive run plays. I do not see the Dukes rushing the ball all that much against a good Marshall run D. JMU will sling it and put up some pass yards.
    IF Marshall can play well on ST, eliminate the silly, sloppy penalties- MU should come out of this one well balanced on offense with the Herd winning 21-17
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Johnnyherd

Offline Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #6 on: October 21, 2022, 10:33:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actually I'd say about 9 days for coaches and 7-8 days for players to prepare for JMU. More than usual but not a full 10.

Marshall should be able to pass the ball a touch more against JMU which should open up some running lanes for some positive run plays. I do not see the Dukes rushing the ball all that much against a good Marshall run D. JMU will sling it and put up some pass yards.
    IF Marshall can play well on ST, eliminate the silly, sloppy penalties- MU should come out of this one well balanced on offense with the Herd winning 21-17

i d love to see this happen

Offline coalherd

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2022, 12:09:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, in being "upset" last week down in Gawgah and losing their first Top 25 ranking, the Dukes gave up a boat load of yardage, including about 500 hundred through the Air!  Unfortunately, don't know if we as a TEAM have put up much more passing yards in SIX games!!  Then, too, even in losing, JMU also managed to score well and also gained a lot of yards overall.  That includes over 400+ plus yards through the air by their QB who set a JMU school record in doing so!!

Bottom line:  Going to be great October weather, sell-out crowd on the road.  I can't see the game resulting in a tight Defensive battle, with a 10-7, or 13-10 type final score.  HERD is going to have to manufacture points in good numbers to have a chance if this results in a shoot-out type of a game!

Offline MCA23

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2022, 12:42:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

We could barely pass against Gardner Webb. 

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, beau42m

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2022, 06:25:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

It's crazy to think we have a 6th yr QB and 90% starters returning on defense and yet im worrying about James Madison beating us by 28-35 points like they are Ohio State, LSU or somebody.  If I didn't laugh about it, id cry

Great post with plenty of football vernacular

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2022, 08:34:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

This group can?t pass on anything. 

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2022, 09:31:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm hoping the team has prepared for this game as Fancher as the starting QB. Would really like to see what he can do as "the" starter with the offensive built around him. What's to lose? Season is over. Roll with Fancher to see how he does over these final games. See if you can build some momentum going into next year with Fancher.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, Collis P

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2022, 09:31:01 AM »

Offline herdgadfly

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2022, 10:58:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MarshallSteve:

Fancher has done nothing this year and  Henry plays half asleep. I cannot understand why Zamora rides the bench except for his eligibility for a redshirt since he was the best QB in the Spring game.

But the problem is coaching, starting with Clint Trickett, as Offensive Coordinator and   Bill Legg in his new job as Offensive Line Coach. Sadly, with no changes in sight for the offense, we will likely lose all remaining games on the 2022 schedule.
    "Among the collegiate herd of sacred cows and their worshippers now buzzes the gad-fly."

Offline svherd

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2022, 01:24:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That transfer QB they got is lighting it up. Too bad Huff limited his choices to kids he or the staff knew. Pretty stupid

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline muherd34

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2022, 01:38:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That transfer QB they got is lighting it up. Too bad Huff limited his choices to kids he or the staff knew. Pretty stupid

If you guys remember he was hot and heavy over one of Arkansass qb and he couldn't land him.  Have to wonder if Colombi was a fall back option.

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2022, 03:20:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I took JMU at -11.5.      I was thinking parlay JMU and OVER 50.5 might have been a ice bet too.  Every JMU game this year has gone over 50pts

Offline beau42m

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2022, 03:24:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JohnnyHerd, I have JMU -18 with a 100% bonus from DK. I hate to be pessimistic, but after attending the Louisiana game in person, I don't see much to be optimistic about. I hope you win, though. If the Herd upsets JMU, fine, but I wouldn't bet on it with the sorry hand of cards the fan base has been dealt here. If you don't cover, go ahead and lose.
    « Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 05:16:55 PM by beau42m »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2022, 03:24:30 PM »