Author Topic: Depth Chart  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Yaherd

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

Depth Chart
« on: August 30, 2022, 12:57:48 PM »

Offline muherd34

Re: Depth Chart
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 01:42:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Interesting that Charles Montgomery is the z-WR.  I did not know he was playing WR, he was a big time recruit a couple years ago.  Think we have the talent to at least compete for a Sun Belt Championship!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 01:56:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Interesting that Charles Montgomery is the z-WR.  I did not know he was playing WR, he was a big time recruit a couple years ago.  Think we have the talent to at least compete for a Sun Belt Championship!

Thanks for the info. I use to be a roster junkie, not so much these days.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, chris88

Online MUsince96

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 02:02:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Yeah I had to look him up. 4 star recruit originally heading to Florida. His offer list was a who's who of big programs.

Online GreenDaddy

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2022, 03:00:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought Shadeed Ahmed played well for us last year. He looks to be be 3rd behind Montgomery and McMillan. That kind of surprises me. Hopefully this means Montgomery is a beast.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HerdEcon

Offline chris88

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2022, 03:23:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

He probably had the best tape of anyone in that class. Anxious to see what he can do.  Overall the size looks good and the depth better than last year.  My guess is we really won't know what we've got until game 3 and 4 (BG and Troy).
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline muherd34

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 03:25:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought Shadeed Ahmed played well for us last year. He looks to be be 3rd behind Montgomery and McMillan. That kind of surprises me. Hopefully this means Montgomery is a beast.

He was actually recruited as a DB. Big time offers coming out of high school, I am also surprised about Ahmed being 3rd.

Offline dwaynehinkle

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 03:41:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nice to see that the blue chip kicker that was was being mentioned is starting as a true freshman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, ed swain, miltonherdfan, HoPPy785

Offline svherd

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 03:46:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As an FYI, all of this years signees are on campus and roster. Nice departure from previous years where attrition seemed rampant.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline MUther

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2022, 04:41:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We've needed another Mariott or Shuler type receiver in the middle.  Maybe this guy can be that.  It may also be that he connects with Colombi better than some of the others.  If the chemistry is there that could bump a receiver up on the depth chart.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2022, 05:55:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Still Keaton starting
    Don?t like rb depth
    OL is ???

Go Herd!!

Online whf

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2022, 06:56:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Still Keaton starting
    Don?t like rb depth
    OL is ???

Go Herd!!
    I think best Oline capabilities in years, may need some experience, but size and strength like we've never seen at one time across the line here at MU.

Dline, big in the middle, hope they are fast too.  Will be a difference in that running up the middle on us will be significantly harder than perhaps we've ever seen; hard to move dump trucks which gives the line backers much more reaction time.

Wide Receivers, looks like folks are being rewarded for hard work, which should inspire competition and desire from everyone involved.

At RB, not too concerned, suspect that these two listed are very durable; so need to stay away from injuries, the kind that sideline a player.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, ed swain

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2022, 06:56:31 PM »

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2022, 08:49:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Harrison not on kick return when he was taking them to the house.  Makes no sense.

Offline muherd34

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2022, 10:00:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think best Oline capabilities in years, may need some experience, but size and strength like we've never seen at one time across the line here at MU.

Dline, big in the middle, hope they are fast too.  Will be a difference in that running up the middle on us will be significantly harder than perhaps we've ever seen; hard to move dump trucks which gives the line backers much more reaction time.

Wide Receivers, looks like folks are being rewarded for hard work, which should inspire competition and desire from everyone involved.

At RB, not too concerned, suspect that these two listed are very durable; so need to stay away from injuries, the kind that sideline a player.

O-line is big, hopefully they can play as 1.

Excited to see big d lineman also!

Still uncertain about Wr

Rb are still an unknown.  Laborn has shown to be very prone to injuries in his career, so that is a huge concern.  Hopefully one of the freshman can step in because it's highly unlikely that Laborn and Payne make it a whole season uninjured(Ali is out how long???).  I'm really worried about Rb in general at this point.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2022, 10:32:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i noticed we've got about 10 sixth-year guys.  in the past, how many 6-YR guys were there in all the nation?  not unexpected but it's just that i'd have never thought i'd see that.  we've got about same amount of SRs/RS-SRs.  by far, the FR/RS-FR appears to be the largest class.

Online whf

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2022, 12:38:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Final impact year of COVID 19, won't see much of this going forward, not at the level you/we are seeing it today.  Remember, everyone who wanted it got an extra year.

Offline MUther

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2022, 12:56:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i noticed we've got about 10 sixth-year guys.  in the past, how many 6-YR guys were there in all the nation?  not unexpected but it's just that i'd have never thought i'd see that.  we've got about same amount of SRs/RS-SRs.  by far, the FR/RS-FR appears to be the largest class.

But everyone has a lot of 6th year guys so it's kind of a wash.  Some teams just hit the portal hard and changed their whole team to senior heavy experience.  You can't even believe in development anymore because a kid that turns out to be really good can just put themselves on the market by junior year to make $$.  I don't envy being a coach these days.  You can instantly improve your team at certain positions, but you can also lose your whole team for no reason at all. 

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2022, 02:43:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On the OL that is a best case scenario that happened. Osburn, Driskell, Sartor and Tucker all played significantly or started last year. Means they held off the new transfers. Outside of Osburn, the other are slated for their positions they played last year. I like this.

Offline chris88

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2022, 03:05:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • O-line is big, hopefully they can play as 1.

Excited to see big d lineman also!

Still uncertain about Wr

Rb are still an unknown.  Laborn has shown to be very prone to injuries in his career, so that is a huge concern.  Hopefully one of the freshman can step in because it's highly unlikely that Laborn and Payne make it a whole season uninjured(Ali is out how long???).  I'm really worried about Rb in general at this point.

I think all three FR are solid. I thought Maurice Jones was the best on film. I think Ali unique but if the line is good enough, I believe our RBs are good enough to get job done assuming they hold onto the ball. Obviously the biggest ask for FR RB's is blocking in pass situations/vs blitz.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

HerdFans.com

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2022, 03:05:26 PM »