Author Topic: Appy State roster NFL talent  (Read 313 times)

Offline HerdEcon

Appy State roster NFL talent
« on: August 31, 2021, 09:50:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Article on upcoming opponent Appy State.  New QB, talent returning and expecting to pass more.

Nice article.  Wonder which 3 games they expect Appy to lose?  Miami has to be one.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article252904903.html

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, GreenDaddy

HerdFans.com

Appy State roster NFL talent
    « on: August 31, 2021, 09:50:05 AM »

Offline GreenDaddy

Re: Appy State roster NFL talent
    « Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 09:57:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Geezzz, they still have Sutton, Peoples, Hennigan, Malik Williams, and Sean Jolly. Imo, it will be very hard for us to win down there this year. It seems like they have had those guys forever. I am certainly not going to blast Huff if we lose that game, as long as we are competitive in it.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 10:00:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And they upgraded at QB imo. Brice will be a handful especially when you have to account for people?s and the running game.

The following users thanked this post: GreenDaddy

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 12:14:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    The Mountaineers? schedule is loaded with big games ? the Sept. 2 opener at Bank of America Stadium against East Carolina; Sept. 11 at nationally-ranked Miami; Sept. 23 at home against Marshall, which beat App State last year; and an Oct. 12 (Tuesday night) nationally televised game at two-time Sun Belt West champion Louisiana.

But the big game comes on a Wednesday night on ESPN2 at home against Coastal Carolina. The winner likely goes to the Sun Belt championship.

ECU - Thursday night, Marshall - Thursday night, Louisiana - Tuesday night, CCU - Wednesday night.  MAC-esque?  Would the Sunbelt be worth it?
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline svherd

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 12:16:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ECU - Thursday night, Marshall - Thursday night, Louisiana - Tuesday night, CCU - Wednesday night.  MAC-esque?  Would the Sunbelt be worth it?

No way, let's stay where we are and continue to sink into the college football abyss that is CUSA.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: GreenDaddy

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2021, 12:25:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No pro-CUSA person here...Just saying the #1 complaint about the MAC (And I am not promoting a return to that mess) seemed to be mid-week games and empty stadiums.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdorbust

Offline GreenDaddy

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 12:33:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ECU - Thursday night, Marshall - Thursday night, Louisiana - Tuesday night, CCU - Wednesday night.  MAC-esque?  Would the Sunbelt be worth it?

That is a really fair argument. I am still going to say yes to this question though. If I remember correctly the SBC limits those mandatory Tuesday-Wednesday games to 1 home/1 away per year. It still blows, but nothing like the MAC that dedicates November to those weeknights. They are supposed to receive a bump in Saturday games next year though on ESPN linear, and honestly it would be nice to be apart of championship Saturday on ESPN instead of being pushed to a Friday night on CBSSN.

I do  understand peoples weeknight concerns though.

Offline svherd

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2021, 12:51:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No pro-CUSA person here...Just saying the #1 complaint about the MAC (And I am not promoting a return to that mess) seemed to be mid-week games and empty stadiums.

I certainly agree with you on that. It's a double edge sword for programs like ours. Get the national coverage and build the brand but at the expense of smaller home crowds. I wouldn't have an issue with 2 weeknight games a season. Our November attendance isn't great any way, with the exception of the Nov. 14 Anniversary game.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2021, 03:33:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't live in Htgn, so week night or Sat, I watch most on TV anyway.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2021, 05:34:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Believe Appy and ECU are playing in Charlotte in the NFL Stadium.  Maybe a week night was the only time they could schedule the Pro Stadium for the game.  I'm sure Huff will have that game scouted "heavily" since we play both teams later in the month.

Offline MUther

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 10:21:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I always liked the Thursday night games because you knew they were on ESPN or ESPN2.  The NFL wasn't playing on Thursdays.  College ball wasn't on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and they never played on a Friday unless it was Thanksgiving.  The atmosphere was always electric in Huntington, even when it was cold.  It was our showcase night back when we had a product worth showcasing.  It was just fun and I don't remember people complaining about it because most of them just made a weekend out of it.  Good times.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 10:21:59 PM »