Author Topic: Jarrod West's Final three School Selection  (Read 28101 times)

Online Flat Tire 2

Jarrod West's Final three School Selection
« on: March 30, 2021, 02:20:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The below article is interesting.

"West confirmed the three finalists for his transfer on Monday afternoon: Louisville, Pitt and Ohio State."

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/marshall_university/marshall-basketball-jarrod-west-narrows-transfer-decision-down-to-three-schools/article_0b229d03-ea0b-5ab5-a1d9-7c6382e9ebf3.html

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 02:25:29 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

HerdFans.com

Jarrod West's Final three School Selection
    « on: March 30, 2021, 02:20:04 PM »

Offline MicDrass1

Re: Jarrod West's Final three School Selection
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 03:49:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All their basketball and football teams can be tossed in a can and forgotten about

Offline Big City

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 07:40:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OSU would be an interesting but a very competitive choice. Big 10 is a different style of ball for sure.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 09:55:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I say its probably down to two now . OSU just landed PG Jamari Wheeler from Penn St .

With all the transfers out there , Jarod better make up his mind quick , Pitt or Lou. may sign someone else
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 09:59:53 PM by Toro Toro Taxi »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 10:00:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JW is a great on-ball, ball hawk, elite quickness.
    I wonder what is 40 yd time is...his best position might have been cornerback.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline Luke80

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 10:37:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With all the transfers that are available out there right now if I was Jared I would make a decision pretty soon. There are just an extraordinary number of players who are in Jared and Jannson's situation that are taking advantage of this unique opportunity to try a new experience.

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 11:07:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All their basketball and football teams can be tossed in a can and forgotten about
    Yeah OSU's football program sucks.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 11:27:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I say its probably down to two now . OSU just landed PG Jamari Wheeler from Penn St .

With all the transfers out there , Jarod better make up his mind quick , Pitt or Lou. may sign someone else

Just a hunch, but Pitt awfully close to West's home (Clarksburg).  Convenient for his family for sure.  I imagine that living in North Central WV for a long period, he is quite familiar with Pitt and surrounding area.  The Panthers would be my call, if I were a betting man!

Online overherd1

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 08:32:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A lot has been said about Jared and his abilities and how he would fit in to a larger program in a better conference.  He was a really good player for us, not sure how that will translate for him at his next stop.  I have watched a good bit of Michigan the last couple of weeks.  He is just as good, and I think better than the point guard for Michigan, think his name is Mike Smith.  Similar size and game, but from what I saw Jared is a bit better.  Just one persons opinion.

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2021, 09:23:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was interviewed on Channel 5 this evening.  He's going with Louisville.

Online Tim Hensley

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2021, 09:42:48 PM »
  • [Like]4
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well good for Jarrod.  We'll see how he fares down inside against the tall timber of the ACC...  I wish him nothing but the best.  He and Jannson are great kids and they carried themselves well as representatives of and as True Sons of Marshall.  Both were always courteous, respectful and friendly. 

By the way, did you see where the latter lost his high school (where his mother still teaches) in a tornado down in Newnan last night?  Thank God no one was killed!

Getting back to their entering the portal:  We must look at this as nothing more than the loss of two graduating seniors who have exhausted their eligibility.  Before COVID, that's exactly  what it is.

I'm more concerned about the opportunities we now have in potential transfers.  Maybe some fresh faces will do the program good!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Always THE HERD, The E-Man, JReese

Online herd2win

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 09:48:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Jared will do well, that doesn?t change the fact he quit on the Herd.  He is telling all of us Marshall wasn?t good enough for him even though we gave him a degree.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 09:48:29 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 10:01:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jared will do well, that doesn?t change the fact he quit on the Herd.  He is telling all of us Marshall wasn?t good enough for him even though we gave him a degree.

Let's at least give him some credit and say that he "earned" his MU degree, in AND out of the classroom!  Saying we "gave" him a degree doesn't do much for the reputations of both West and MU!!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Always THE HERD, wasbarryb, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man

Offline goherd24

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 12:09:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • F*** West. I hope he has his worst season of his career. Love it more if we could get louisville on the schedule and beat them

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2021, 06:40:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who?

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 07:02:24 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1

• F*** West. I hope he has his worst season of his career. Love it more if we could get louisville on the schedule and beat them

Some of you people are going off the deep in and acting like a Junior High school girl who has just been dumped by her boyfriend.  I agree with the following poster:

You're not so smart if you don't want west on this team. Makes it hard to even consider your other opinions.

Everyone knows what we need. Dan knows it too. Can we develop or find a decent big to plug in? And will he learn to use a timeout at 6-0 in scoring runs, or continue to let teams run to 13-14 points? Hell, if he just calls timeouts at the right times, probably gets us 2-3 more wins by not getting us 7-8 more points in the hole.

Oh, wait a minute.  Who made those two posts?

Get over it gang, West made his decision and time will tell whether it was a wise move or not.  As far as I?m concerned I?m much more interested in what is going to happen with MU bball in the future. 

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 07:08:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some of you people are going off the deep in and acting like a Junior High school girl who has just been dumped by her boyfriend.  I agree with the following poster:

Oh, wait a minute.  Who made those two posts?

Get over it gang, West made his decision and time will tell whether it was a wise move or not.  As far as I?m concerned I?m much more interested in what is going to happen with MU bball in the future.

I think 24 likes loyalty. And West proved Marshall wasn?t special to him. I can see why he is upset. Me personally, I?m thrilled about it.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2021, 11:18:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?ll miss his D but have wanted the ball out of his hands for quite some time.  Also disappointed in the lack of loyalty.  I hope we are no longer recruiting the younger brother.

I?m very excited about future.  TK back and add a couple of pieces and we are better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2021, 11:21:37 AM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]1
  • UofL was a good place for Jarrod to land.  It will give him an opportunity to play in the ACC for a year.

They are down right now, so he should get minutes there.

He played a full 4 years here.  In a normal world, he would have exhausted his edibility.

This gives him an opportunity to experience something different.  Best of luck to him.

Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: Herd 90, Always THE HERD, The E-Man, overherd1, JReese

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2021, 01:42:40 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  •  ;D  ;D  ;D "Hate 'em if they ain't the Herd"  ;D  ;D  ;D
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline 98HerdAlum

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Practice Squad
    • Herd Fan for Life
    « Reply #20 on: April 01, 2021, 01:43:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish Jarrod the best of luck in all he ever does.  He seems like a great kid and worked his tail off for Marshall while he was here.

From a basketball standpoint, Louisville will be a great challenge for him.  I read that they recently signed the Number 1 JUCO PG in the country El Ellis.  I watched a few highlights and the kid looks pretty good.

Offline goherd50

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2021, 02:49:35 PM »
  • [Like]3
  • [Dislike]0

No he isn't telling us Marshall isn't good enough.  He is telling us our schedule isn't good enough.  Playing in the ACC he will get to play Duke, UNC, Virginia, Syracuse,
    Flordia State, etc. every night.  At MU he would get to play one of those type of games a year.

He wants to measure himself against the best competition and he can't get that a MU.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2021, 02:49:35 PM »

Offline MUther

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 05:41:43 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • No he isn't telling us Marshall isn't good enough.  He is telling us our schedule isn't good enough.  Playing in the ACC he will get to play Duke, UNC, Virginia, Syracuse,
    Flordia State, etc. every night.  At MU he would get to play one of those type of games a year.

He wants to measure himself against the best competition and he can't get that a MU.

He should start measuring with a yard stick...he doesn't even make two of them.  He has zero inside penetration.  He is intimidated shooting over taller players.  He will be an off the bench shooter, imo, for certain circumstances or to pick off the ball and maintain pressure with a small lead.  If he gets in at all.  No ill will, just my opinion of his reality.

Offline HerdFan304

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2021, 12:18:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Not sure if anyone saw this but Louisville just signed a really good guard from Florida that was in the Portal. Just shows you they will recruit right over top of you. Hope this doesn?t cut into West?s playing time but I have a feeling it will. He should have stayed at Marshall!

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2021, 12:34:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure if anyone saw this but Louisville just signed a really good guard from Florida that was in the Portal. Just shows you they will recruit right over top of you. Hope this doesn?t cut into West?s playing time but I have a feeling it will. He should have stayed at Marshall!

Agreed.  At Marshall he was guaranteed a starting spot and probably more playing time than he should have.

Herd fans need to take up a collection to buy him a set of kelly green tweezers as a going away gift.  He's going to need them where he's going.
    « Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 02:52:51 PM by wasbarryb »

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2021, 12:34:43 PM »