Author Topic: Power Five ADs: 'Inevitable' 2020 CF season will not be played this fall  (Read 614 times)

Offline Big City

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    "I think it's inevitable [the season will not be played in the fall]," said another veteran Power Five AD.

Neither AD wished to be identified due to the sensitivity of the situation.

The MAC news early Saturday led to speculation that dominoes would begin to fall nationally among the nine other FBS conferences. The FBS is looking more and more like an outlier in forging to ahead to play. UConn, an independent, canceled its season on Wednesday. Several FCS conferences have done the same, to the point that its subdivision may no longer hold a national championship.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/power-five-ads-inevitable-2020-college-football-season-will-not-be-played-this-fall/
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

HerdFans.com

Online svherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • PAC12 considering a monster loan to divvy the money to member schools to keep them afloat. Crazy times. How are schools gonna pay millions back? What will the league and the schools put up for collateral?

Would some schools tap into their endowment funds to prop up their AD's short term? Is that even legal?

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Online herd2win

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If no football the P5 schools will have long term issues.  WVU will be hit majorly as they are financially strapped and do not have reserves.  If no football which will mean no TV revenue or ticket revenue, this will set them back in a big way.

Wisconsin AD said it no football it is a 100 million dollar hit to that school alone.  Football funds the athletic departments other sports for most schools.  This is going to have a trickle effect to all sports.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline herdorbust

• [Like]2
  • [Dislike]2
  • Amazing how we can have protests and riots every night and no football.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, herdfan129

Offline wasbarryb

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1:30 PM CNBC just stated that Big 10 has announced it isn't going to play FT.

I'd say the season is over before it starts.

Offline HaveUherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Amazing how we can have protests and riots every night and no football.

Point me to the section of the constitution that talks about colleges and universities playing football.

Thanks!

Offline herdorbust

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Point me to the section of the constitution that talks about colleges and universities playing football.

Thanks!

Just commonsense. So it’s ok to protest and riot during pandemic? Gotcha!!!!

Offline herdfan129

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Point me to the section of the constitution that talks about colleges and universities playing football.

Thanks!

Point me to the section that talks about looting, rioting, burning property, blocking traffic, committing assault/battery.....don't worry, I'll wait.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline The E-Man

• [Like]1
  • [Dislike]-1
  • PAC12 considering a monster loan to divvy the money to member schools to keep them afloat. Crazy times. How are schools gonna pay millions back? What will the league and the schools put up for collateral?

Would some schools tap into their endowment funds to prop up their AD's short term? Is that even legal?

I have to admit, it's not hurting my feelings seeing the P-5 schools lose money. With all the "greed money" they have made over the years and keeping the G5 schools virtually locked out of their corrupt system, you would think they wouldn't be strapped for cash at a time like this.

Offline Taft#1

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have to admit, it's not hurting my feelings seeing the P-5 schools lose money. With all the "greed money" they have made over the years and keeping the G5 schools virtually locked out of their corrupt system, you would think they wouldn't be strapped for cash at a time like this.

Just guessing , I say they do , but dont want to dip into it . Im more concerned about schools MUs size and already lean budgets , I think this is going to hurt MU bad .

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online svherd

Re: Power Five ADs: 'Inevitable' 2020 CF season will not be played this fall
    « Reply #10 on: August 11, 2020, 04:12:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Thanks!

Yeah, all those riots in Portland and Chicago have done so much good.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Taft#1

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2020, 04:17:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, all those riots peaceful protests in Portland and Chicago have done so much good.

Fixed it for you

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2020, 04:17:51 PM »

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2020, 04:19:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, all those riots in Portland and Chicago have done so much good.

Can someone explain talking about riots have to do with canceling sports over coronavirus?

You guys are grasping at straws. Do you care at all about the players safety and Marshall not losing a bunch of money on lawsuits or we just going to keep making every post political now?

Most of us don’t care about your Fox talking points lol.

Online svherd

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2020, 04:32:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can someone explain talking about riots have to do with canceling sports over coronavirus?

You guys are grasping at straws. Do you care at all about the players safety and Marshall not losing a bunch of money on lawsuits or we just going to keep making every post political now?

Most of us don’t care about your Fox talking points lol.

Actually the players are in the safest environment they could be in. I’ll leave it up to the schools  to make the call to play or not.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: HaveUherd, herdfan129

Offline greenanwhite

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 08/2013
    « Reply #14 on: August 11, 2020, 05:08:41 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have to admit, it's not hurting my feelings seeing the P-5 schools lose money. With all the "greed money" they have made over the years and keeping the G5 schools virtually locked out of their corrupt system, you would think they wouldn't be strapped for cash at a time like this.

Exactly! I do believe this is going to hurt schools pretty badly the size of MU but for schools who are spending 100s of millions on basically setting up resorts for their student athletes I have no sympathy.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline elginherd

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2020, 05:38:19 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just commonsense. So it’s ok to protest and riot during pandemic? Gotcha!!!!

Common sense:
    Being a part in a large crowd is not a great idea for any reason. No protests, no riots, no football crowds. All are bad right now.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, puma

Offline coalherd

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2020, 07:49:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Report this evening indicated that WVU Pres.  Gordy the Geek is one of the leaders among the B12 Presidents who is leading the fight to have Big 12 teams play ball this season. That about clinches if for me; anything that two faced, hypocritical bozo is FOR, I have to go in the opposite direction!!

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #17 on: August 11, 2020, 07:54:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's all going to shut down. I wonder how many donors and fans will be there next year?

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2020, 09:09:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's all going to shut down. I wonder how many donors and fans will be there next year?
    Not sure why donors and fans would  hold that against Marshall. It won't change my contribution level
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2020, 09:09:05 PM »