Author Topic: Chuck Landon: Dillon adds true grit to Marshall's victory  (Read 392 times)

Offline Buffalo Bop

Chuck Landon: Dillon adds true grit to Marshall's victory
« on: January 11, 2020, 10:15:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Grit.

That’s what Jeremy Dillon brings to Marshall University’s basketball program.

Good ol’ fashioned, down and dirty, hard-nosed and hard-core, southern coalfield, West Virginia grit.

That just might be the truest grit there is.

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/chuck-landon-dillon-adds-true-grit-to-marshall-s-victory/article_66b7158f-e066-5f68-8e65-480753535d02.html

As Chuck says "foes have to grit and bear it."

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, Garbanjo, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

Chuck Landon: Dillon adds true grit to Marshall's victory
    « on: January 11, 2020, 10:15:59 AM »

Offline pembrook burrows III

Re: Chuck Landon: Dillon adds true grit to Marshall's victory
    « Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 10:31:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This article is dead-on. West is usually our “grit” guy, but with him sitting a lot of minutes with foul trouble, we looked a bit soft. MTSU is not the most skilled group, but they played hard at home. Dillon definitely impacted the game by just grinding and doing the little things.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Herdmeister, Always THE HERD, Buffalo Bop, The E-Man, herdorbust, herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 10:49:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We just need a couple of these freshman besides AT to step up and get consistant. And i dont care which couple it is.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 11:27:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Every great team has grit role players.  We need Dillon to be like this.  His offensive game will evolve. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man, herdorbust, herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 11:44:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe he could be that diamond in the rough. Hard work eventually pays off. There is no substitute for hard work, passion and intensity. I just watching the ones that leave everything they have on the floor. You get 5 guys all playing like that and they are hard to beat.

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 01:41:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great read. I agree and this is what I've been saying all year. Kid deserves some minutes. Definitely deserves minutes over Thomas and Sarenac. I think Dillon is good for 10-15 minutes per game right now.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline goherd24

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 01:46:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great read. I agree and this is what I've been saying all year. Kid deserves some minutes. Definitely deserves minutes over Thomas and Sarenac. I think Dillon is good for 10-15 minutes per game right now.

He can shoot it too, if he gets an open look. He'll end up being a solid contributor to herd hoops before he is done.

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 01:51:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He can shoot it too, if he gets an open look. He'll end up being a solid contributor to herd hoops before he is done.

Yes he can, and I agree.

It's obvious he is still figuring out his role on the team, but being tough and hard nosed is something you can't teach. He also has good length for a guard.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline coalherd

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 04:55:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dillon's physicality comes from his football background in large part.  That's what the Europeans innately lack as their game is based more on finesse.  Hopefully we see Marko and Goran developed that trait and some "toughness" with time and game and practice experience.  They both have the size and frames to be physical.  Off season weight room work will help in that department too, hopefully.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 04:55:22 PM »