Author Topic: Boston Celtics Summer League Schedule  (Read 29791 times)

Offline Scottyo614

Re: Boston Celtics Summer League Schedule
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2019, 10:59:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chris that is correct. I think it’s easy to get up after one game and say he won’t play or won’t get a shot. By the end of the game yesterday you had Boston fans questioning whether Guerschon Yabusele will even make it out of summer league and if Grant Williams even needs to play. Grant started on the bench. Let’s see if Jon can make some moves after game one.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2019, 10:59:46 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan129

Offline chris88

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2019, 06:26:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jon played very well IMO. Under control and looked quicker than he did here.  He was open a couple of times for potential shots but other teammates took bad shots instead.

Talk in Boston press is it's put up or shut up for Youblesee.  He is in his 4th year and has shown well in practices etc over years but hasn't been nearly as consistent or big of a contributor as they hoped.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, MicDrass1, herdfan129

Online overherd1

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2019, 06:54:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good exposure for sure...guess you never know.  Can't be a bad thing to have Jerry West see you either.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2019, 07:39:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jon played very well IMO. Under control and looked quicker than he did here.  He was open a couple of times for potential shots but other teammates took bad shots instead.

Talk in Boston press is it's put up or shut up for Youblesee.  He is in his 4th year and has shown well in practices etc over years but hasn't been nearly as consistent or big of a contributor as they hoped.

Agreed. I was frustrated a few times when he was open and team mates took open shots. I never watch the NBA so maybe that is typical I'm not sure.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2019, 09:36:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agreed. I was frustrated a few times when he was open and team mates took open shots. I never watch the NBA so maybe that is typical I'm not sure.

In the summer league you lack chemistry and some will try to over perform. Generally the NBA has became a game of making that next pass unless you’re James Harden

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2019, 05:56:37 AM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]2
  • Agreed. I was frustrated a few times when he was open and team mates took open shots. I never watch the NBA so maybe that is typical I'm not sure.
    ~
    Elmore quite often did the same thing at MU......(team mates would be open....and he would take a shot that was very questionable at times).

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129, JReese

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2019, 06:44:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My biggest concern of Elmore was would he be quick enough for the NBA.  He looked much quicker and in better overall shape than anytime in college.  Our S&C Dept. needs to get it together. 

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2019, 05:41:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do not see the game listed for tonight. Is it found on another channel? ESPN2 has "Baseball Tonight" scheduled from 7-8 followed by the World Series of Poker at 8:00.

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2019, 06:00:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do not see the game listed for tonight. Is it found on another channel? ESPN2 has "Baseball Tonight" scheduled from 7-8 followed by the World Series of Poker at 8:00.

ESPN app says ESPN3.

The following users thanked this post: Herd2believe

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2019, 07:36:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The game is scheduled for NBA TV (Direct TV, Channel 215).  Right now (7:35 p.m.) the game between Washington and Brooklyn is not yet finished.  I'm assuming the Celtics game will be on at the conclusion of this game.

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2019, 08:16:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The Celtics game started at 8:15 EDT on NBA TV.  Elmore, as expected, is not starting.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2019, 08:16:58 PM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2019, 08:31:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah. I found it on ESPN3. Thanks guys!

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2019, 08:34:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Boston got rid of Terry Rozier today so that’s one guard down.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2019, 08:49:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Elmore in 1st time.  6:00 to go in the 2nd q

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2019, 08:55:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Offense looks better with Elmore in the game imo. He moves the ball up the floor and actually passes the ball.

He finally got to shoot it but it doesnt count as he was out of bounds when he caught the ball. Hope he gets the chance to take a few shots tonight and get in to a rhythm.

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2019, 09:21:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Elmore checks back into game at 5 min mark 3rd q with Cavs on a run.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2019, 09:34:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Elmore looking much more comfortable tonight.

Had a nice oop and drove to the basket drawing the foul. He made 1/2 foul shots. Should have had another assist but Taco missed a dunk/layup while getting fouled right before end of 3rd quarter.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2019, 09:41:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Announcers talking about Marshall quite a bit. One announcer asked who is more famous from Marshall? Moss or Mike D’ Antoni?

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2019, 10:03:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Announcers talking about Marshall quite a bit. One announcer asked who is more famous from Marshall? Moss or Mike D’ Antoni?

Yeah. They had a lot of good things to say about us tonight.

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2019, 10:08:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Loved the Billy Crystal reference!

Offline MUonium

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2019, 10:18:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • he was directing, showed leadership, good passing but got beat on D once or twice.  not bad overall, he just needs to be on the floor a little longer when he does get in.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2019, 10:18:32 PM »

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2019, 11:10:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jon had one point, two rebounds, one blocked shot, one assist, one turnover, with no field goals attempted (he stepped out of bounds on his one attempt that negated that attempt while causing the turnover) and he was a plus three in nine minutes of action.  A solid game, I thought.

Offline chris88

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2019, 11:36:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Boston got rid of Terry Rozier today so that’s one guard down.

Rozier was restricted FA and Boston and Hornets did a sign and trade allowing Rozier to go to Charlotte and Walker coming to Celtics. Rozier is very good but wants to start and will be very solid.  Elmore has no shot at making Celtics pro roster but can get lost of exposure by practicing and playing well....which may lead to opportunities elsewhere and/or in future in Celtics org.

I haven't watch game yet but saw he got 9 minutes plus stats someone else mentioned.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2019, 06:31:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jon had one point, two rebounds, one blocked shot, one assist, one turnover, with no field goals attempted (he stepped out of bounds on his one attempt that negated that attempt while causing the turnover) and he was a plus three in nine minutes of action.  A solid game, I thought.

I thought he played a lot more under control than he did in game 1. He seems to be the only guy out there that is willing to distribute the ball.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2019, 06:31:33 AM »