Author Topic: I'm just going to say it. Are Hamrick, Doc, & Legg throwing games?  (Read 1026 times)

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • My rant taken from another thread...

It's really quite comical at this point.

As arrogant and genius as Hamwreck and company think they are, and as much as they try not to deal with reality (only taking softball questions from reporters and in call in shows...blocking anyone who doesn't buy their excuses on twitter), and as much as they think they know the business and the inter-workings thereof and how all of us fans are just dumb hillbillies, they STILL can NOT escape the reality and fact that they are losing millions of dollars a year in ticket sales, concessions, and merchandise due to their ineptitude.

What is sad is this group is so monumentally stupid, that these low numbers will become the new standard instead of motivating/inspiring them to do better...they'll think they are doing alright next year if they can just get close to what we did this year (which is millions short of where things should be). Kind of like how Doc can go 3-9 last year and lower the bar in such away (for many fans) that 7-5 in this pathetic conference will look good this year.

Many of us have become desensitized to their antics and have bought their little scheme hook, line, and sinker. Hamwreck and no nutz have extensively lowered the bar here on so many levels throughout their time here...that we only expect them to achieve a fraction of what Pruett did...or even SNYDER... in a much, much easier conference. It's insanity. We are all slowly getting brainwashed.

You can call me crazy, but if a conspiracy is not going on here than it is monumental stupidity because some of the stuff we are seeing in recruiting, and on and off the field make no sense. I honestly wish there was an investigation done into the football program by some independent group, the media, or the NCAA. Again we have come desensitized over the years to things that are not happening at any other program and things that we will probably never see again. For instance - the fake recruiting classes where we lose 3 of our top 5 recruits each year...making those classes some of the worst in college football though they initially get ranked in the top half of CUSA. It is criminal to fill 70% of your class with players who you know will never make it. And imagine that...we have articles coming out today of us being "young" in Doc's 8th YEAR.

I'll say this...you can take it or leave it...and I'm not saying it's happening....but IF wvu paid Hamwreck, Legg (aka Sherman Williams), and No Nutz a million each (which they could easily do) to play and in turn lose in such a way that would destroy our program and greatly widen the gap between us and them (when there was a time where we were literally nipping at their heels)...it would look EXACTLY LIKE THIS. Think about it. Hamwreck is the ONLY AD in the country that wants No Nutz running their football team. Think about that. No Nutz is Legg's boss, he's approving the system and scheme. Why? We have to give Legg more credit. He knows running up the middle twice then putting Chase in a third in long is POISON!! So why is he doing it? The youth football DC "B" team (the 10 year old) is running a more complex offense than we are. That's a FACT and that's weird guys. That's really, really weird. We have grown numb to it all, but at what point do we snap out of it as fans and start really questioning things??

HerdFans.com

Offline saherdfan

Re: I'm just going to say it. Are Hamrick, Doc, & Legg throwing games?
    « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 11:57:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • No they just suck!  They put too much time and effort into this to throw games.  Now it is possible that MH has been paid off and that is why he is keeping Doc and / or letting Doc keep Legg around.  LOL..  More like two really hard headed guys in places of power and unwilling to admit that their decisions are not what is best for Marshall University.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline clovenhoof

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 12:08:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They simply suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

"Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 12:18:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No they just suck!  They put too much time and effort into this to throw games.  Now it is possible that MH has been paid off and that is why he is keeping Doc and / or letting Doc keep Legg around.  LOL..  More like two really hard headed guys in places of power and unwilling to admit that their decisions are not what is best for Marshall University.

Don't think Doc/Legg/Staff are purposely throwing games.  They are just horribly incompetent to head up and run a football program with the expectations that Marshall fans are used to.

Hamwreak is a different story.  There is the real idiot genius behind our mess.  Hamwreak had a bad rep with his previous football coaching hires.  Why the hell after firing Snyder he would snub his nose at Coach Pruett and the fans that were behind him made no sense.  Without learning a lesson from the Snyder hire, and without any concerns he hires and turns the football program over to Doc who had never ever been a HC, OC, DC in a 30 year coaching career.  Then, despite any competing offers from other schools for Doc, Hamwreak gives Doc a stupid contract extension that has basically tired our hands and future to Doc.

Probably comes down to Hamwreak being the arrogant prick that many here suspect he is, that refuses to accept responsibility for the current state of the football program with Doc.  If any conspiracy can be made it would probably be that Doc owes Hamreak big time for that stupid contract extension, or that where things are heading with support it could soon be the perfect time for the Administration to drop down a level in football and have the perfect excuse.
    « Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 12:54:40 PM by QuickStrike »

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, The E-Man

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 12:29:28 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man you need some Thorzene..  This is the craziest thing I have ever read on this forum.  It is quite comical. ???  I would be careful what you say on social media.  They can nail you on this one.  "You can check out anytime you want, but you can never leave"  Hotel California,  The Eagles.

TRS
    MU 71

The following users thanked this post: goherd73, horsrman

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 12:43:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OK...Im just gonna admit it...I had to google colitis. Nice song if old and over played.

Offline mckayt

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 12:47:49 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ya'll never stop. This stuff is funny.

The following users thanked this post: Thundering In MD, Big City, biggreenarms

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The OP is not comical. IMHO it is more sad than anything that a respectable poster - after all the eyebrow-raising things that he has seen and Herd - can come on the Board and ask the question.

In another thread I offered up the opinion that the AD, HC, OC ( and maybe even further down the line ) were being forced to work within what I termed a "Framework", without offering up much detail about what that really meant.

Ridicule the idea all that you wish, but I believe MU is headed to the AAC. The elephant in that room though, is how competitive MU would be there, because as Herdmeister relayed, his conversations with Hamrick indicated that we would not have the resources to compete effectively with most of those schools.

If it is about growth, prestige, and revenue ( translate: MU's survival !? ) ... then yes, MU can and should go to the AAC if given the opportunity. We can out-coach our resources for short stretches and have a measure of success. Not with the current HC and OC of course, but the future possibility exists.

Just my 2 cents.

p2m

The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 02:10:18 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Someone's consuming a lot of (Wild) turkey today.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 02:22:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't think Doc/Legg/Staff are purposely throwing games.  They are just horribly incompetent to head up and run a football program with the expectations that Marshall fans are used to.

I've never heard or seen a head and assistant coach eating lunch outside the locker room doing halftime. One poster just recently posted he seen Doc and Legg munching down at halftime doing the MTSU game, unreal! Most coaches are inside making adjustments. Maybe that's why we are so poor in the 2nd half, Doc is not good at adjusting.

Offline MU101

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 02:26:22 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • No , they are just old school and modern football has passed them by.

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 02:36:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've never heard or seen a head and assistant coach eating lunch outside the locker room doing halftime. One poster just recently posted he seen Doc and Legg munching down at halftime doing the MTSU game, unreal! Most coaches are inside making adjustments. Maybe that's why we are so poor in the 2nd half, Doc is not good at adjusting.

We were up 31-10 at half and won 38-10.  Maybe every game we should keep Doc out of the locker room during halftime. 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 02:36:42 PM »

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 02:40:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We were up 31-10 at half and won 38-10.  Maybe every game we should keep Doc out of the locker room during halftime.

It was the game in 2015 at MTSU.  That's the one we lost on the FG kicking contest at the end   

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 04:18:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was the game in 2015 at MTSU.  That's the one we lost on the FG kicking contest at the end

Thanks.  I thought that would have been a late lunch this year. LOL  Seems like plenty of time before and after a game to eat something, rather than do it at halftime of a game you are coaching.  I'm sure the players didn't run to the concession stands during halftime to get a snack.

Offline ed swain

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 05:38:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know we need some new coaches,but they are definitely not throwing games.I have noticed every post you make is negative and designed to bring the program down.

Offline 36thunder

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 07:45:44 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • This thread just vanished from the main board. I have thought the same since the wvu collapse. I have had quite a few conversations with friends and strangers and a lot believe the same thing. In fact damn near every person I've talked to about it. They are just really stupid or tanking the program and doc and leg have been around for quite a while to still be in the game if they were stupid. Too many odd things go on around there.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 11:15:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey Ed maybe he is an eeridiot in disguise trying to discredit our program.  After all he is always trying to tear down the program.  That is the characteristic of an eeridiot. ;)

TRS
    MU 71

Offline ed swain

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 06:03:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I finally found the thread after looking for it for 20 hours.The owner of the board must have found it so ignorant he took it off the main board.

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2017, 12:21:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At a certain point you have to ask yourself, "What are the odds?". I am not saying they are throwing games or point shaving...but the odds may be greater that they are than that they are this monumentally stupid.

So what are the odds...

1. That Doc would run off a string of 8 consecutive fraudulent recruiting classes, where 70% of the top 5 recruits never see the field? Is it just bad luck, or does this man that is making 800k a year just not know any better, or is he purposely doing this? What is really most likely?

2. What are the odds that Legg is too dumb to realize that run up the middle, run up the middle, pass on third and long isn't effective? This is his livelihood. Do you really think he is that stupid, or is he doing this on purpose? What is most likely?

3. What are the odds that in 8 years we have never beat a name team (and no I do not count struggling Maryland a name team) and that Doc actually had games at VT and here at home against wvu in the bag and punted his way to L's. Is he that bad of a coach or is there more to it? Which is more likely?

4. What are the odds that Hamrick can't see what every other AD in the country sees in what Doc is doing? What are the odds that he is this blind?

5. What are the odds that the DC "B" team is running a more complex offense than Marshall? Like 1 in a million? And yet it is happening. Why?

6. Why are the media and call in shows being censored so heavily? Why is this administration so secretive? What are they trying to hide?

7. Why is Doc running out the clock with a slim lead early in the 3rd quarter. I'm sorry, that's weird guys. And maybe the biggest sign of point shaving. What's more likely...he's just a good guy, he doesn't want to win by more than 10, or he is purposely keeping the score low?

If you say there is no conspiracy than you have to say that Doc, Legg, and Hamrick may be legitimately (could be medically diagnosed as) retarded, because it just doesn't add up any other way. You really have to think these guys are neanderthals.

Oh and by the way, about being negative, if you've visited the board in the last 2 years you see that pretty much everyone on the board is upset with the way this program is going. Once we get a few quality wins and start playing for championships you'll see things change.

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 12:23:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I finally found the thread after looking for it for 20 hours.The owner of the board must have found it so ignorant he took it off the main board.

I knew exactly where this post went when I didn't see it on the main board. I get it, pretty controversial suggestion. I don't fault the mods for putting it here.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2017, 12:23:30 PM »