Author Topic: Last year, morris basically 4-2  (Read 1425 times)

Online 2xBison

Last year, morris basically 4-2
« on: August 04, 2006, 04:16:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Think about it.

Games he started and played all the way or came in relief we succeeded......

Wiliiam and Mary, skinner started, we struggled, bernie led us to the win.

Tulane, came in in relief, led us to win.

SMU and UAB led us to tough wins.

Two losses - at Va Tech and UTEP two tough opponents and our toughest two environments.

That's 4-2!!

the rest of the year.........

UCF - yanked extremely early after a fumble WE LOST

K STATE - competitive game, should have had more points but other players on offense were plagued with fumbles, left around halftime.  WE LOST.  skinner did keep us there, but couldn't lead us to the w.

So. Miss - competitive game, out with injury fairly early.  WE LOST tough game.

Memphis and ECU.  did not play.  WE LOST.

he needs to improve.  i expect him too.  i think he may be our only chance this year at QB, contrary to the motor mouths.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« on: August 04, 2006, 04:16:50 PM »

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
    • Member Since 02/2009
    Re: Last year, morris basically 4-2
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 04:23:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "2xBison"
    Think about it.

Two losses - at Va Tech and UTEP two tough opponents and our toughest two environments.

That's 4-2!!

K STATE - competitive game, should have had more points but other players on offense were plagued with fumbles, left around halftime.  WE LOST.  skinner did keep us there, but couldn't lead us to the w.

he needs to improve.  i expect him too.  i think he may be our only chance this year at QB, contrary to the motor mouths.

:mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:
    Great post 2x.  I just wish more people would take the optimistic approach with BM versus the pessimistic.  Like I stated earlier, I really don't care who is our QB, so long as he is the one that gives us the best chance to win....but there's no reason to rag on a guy who worked his butt off all summer...and via all the first practice articles I read did a pretty darn good, and not only that, but said he wasn't happy and wanted to improve.  To me, that speaks volumes...it shows that he wants to IMPROVE..and it most of all...it shows he wants the JOB.
    GO HERD!!!

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    A couple of Ws will change everyones tune about BM
    « Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 04:37:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I remember walking out of Carolina and hearing Marshall fans talk about how Alex English was going to take that no-talent Leftwich's jobs.  You'll  probalby find those same people wearing #7 jerseys now.

Offline BHFIOHIO

Same way with Payton"s
    « Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 05:19:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • first year.....after peaks and valleys in the first few games(he was a soph) lots of fans were calling for the guy S............ (can't remember) who was white..........Michael went on to make us proud...........patience is a virtue

GO HERD

Offline PhattyB

• All American
    Re: Same way with Payton"s
    « Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 06:01:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "BHFIOHIO"
    first year.....after peaks and valleys in the first few games(he was a soph) lots of fans were calling for the guy S............ (can't remember) who was white..........Michael went on to make us proud...........patience is a virtue

GO HERD

I believe they were both #14, which might have sparked your insight.
    Chris Smith, Chris Smith! He's our man, if he can't do it, Mark Cann!

Offline muherd95

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 06:13:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BM will be vastly improved! Should he be the starter? He said it himself "it’s my job to loose" Sounds like to me that he understands its time to be a leader, live up to his potential and kick ass!! He will lead us to victory against the idiots in Morganhole.

Skinner and Devine both have improved they will challenge BM for the job. This is the first time since Byron and Stan that we have some depth @ QB. The race is on for the job!

The William & Mary game started with Skinner and ended with Morris but we all know the team wasn’t jacked up to play them.  

BM played very well against K-State but the injury… However, it wasn’t Skinner's fault that we lost.  The turnovers & Snyder lost that game! Snyder could have signaled for a time out when he saw the wrong play called.

Southern Miss game we couldn’t kick a field goal!

UAB & SMU were tough games!!

UTEP simply outmatched & out game planned.  

VaTech!!! ARGHHH!! Why in the hell would you pass it 3 times in a row (incompletions) when you’re running over them!! That shifted the momentum and VaTech scored before the half.  

The bottom line is we all need to behind whoever is @ QB!!

After last seasons ups, downs, miscues, turnovers & coaching changes…

THE THUNDER IS BACK!!  LETS GO HERD!! KICK THE S**T OUT OF THE EER’S!!

Offline BHFIOHIO

Nice
    « Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 06:23:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    WE ARE..................................LOADIN UP

Crosby Stills Nash &Young

Aug 29 at Germaine Amphitheatre on the East Loop

You 60's and 70's guys will love it

Plenty of Beer and Shirts

"..mother earth will swallow..."

Find The Cost Of Freedom - CSNY

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
    • Member Since 02/2009
    Re: Last year, morris basically 4-2
    « Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 01:03:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "RYANO22MUBB"
    Quote from: "2xBison"
    Think about it.

That's 4-2!!

Keep reaching!

Keep bashing.  We all know what kind of fan you really are.
    GO HERD!!!

Offline marshallisqbu

• All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 02:37:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ryan is that why you make up stats to make bernie look worse?  His 12 or 13 ints?

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 02:39:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You just crossed the line Ryno.  We dont need people like you on this forum showing a constant disrespect for the playres that are working their (@/:; off for the good of the program...and I'm not going to get into the little comment to one of the MODS on this forum.  Your done here.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 02:43:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I support the decision 100% Wolf!
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Online 2xBison

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 04:15:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • me too Huff.

I think you guys were all more than fair with that clown.  he's pushed it for a while.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 04:15:52 PM »

Offline Blood & Thunder

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 04:16:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • :-D

...and he was given how many chances?

Offline marshall fanatic

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 06:10:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BM has shown a lot of maturity this offseason. Staying in town working with the players working out and studying film. Increased is bench by 170lbs is amazing in itself.  
    As many people know I bashed Morris as much as any person on this board. But after this spring and seeing how hard he worked I walked up to him at the Charleston practice when we feed the team and apologized to him. He was very humble about it and even said himself he played bad.  But honestly I think it drove him to be a better player and person. Who knows maybe Chad and Eric sat him down and talked with him.  All I know is, if he has matured and stepped up to be a leader then we will be very underated this yr.

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 06:22:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Morris is gonna be a Marshall household name after this season is over with.
    This is truly gonna be a special season.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #15 on: August 05, 2006, 06:24:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "2xBison"
    me too Huff.

I think you guys were all more than fair with that clown.  he's pushed it for a while.

Amen

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2006, 07:57:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Guys it just gets tiresome as hell to see our so called fans constantly berating our players like monsterherd and Ryno were doing.  We have enough detractors dealing with the ear fools and MAC fans.

Offline muherd95

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2006, 11:08:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would have to agree that trashing the Herd players because of a few down seasons is ridiculous..  

I hated the MAC and its crappy fair weather fans.

CUSA w/ the execption of UCF seems like it has a good fan base.

This season is even going to shock some of us true fans.

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE!!

Offline sdfgoherd

• All American
    « Reply #18 on: August 06, 2006, 12:02:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I want Morris to be successful because I want Marshall to win. Also, because I do not believe I can take a season long QB debate like we had last year and this summer.  

Morris, Skinner.  Uma, Oprah.

For me, last years offense was painful to watch regardless of who was at QB.  Unfortunately, I fear that the Morris and Skinner fans are gearing up for a battle of "I told you so."

Offline collegeboy

• Rookie
    « Reply #19 on: August 06, 2006, 12:22:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Give the dude some time he will be okay!

Offline mutosufan

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #20 on: August 06, 2006, 04:18:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I posted in another thread about the constant bashing of the O-line last year.  And not 1 person had a response.  What about the threads started on Skinner after the K-State loss?  And how about the baseball team when a few was ragging on them?What is the difference now that a few are doing it Morris?  Have you ever been to tOSU board?  What about UM(Fl)?  Been to Mich. lately?  These boards have OPEN talk about their players.  Regardless of the opinion.  So who is right?  Their way or the way it is here?  I guess there is no right way, but at least there you can have an opinion on something AND voice it without wondering if you are going to get banned.  

Many of you here say that we don't need to speak out against our players because they are only 19 and they are busting their butts.  Yeah for the most part they are busting their humps but the truth of the matter is that some of our own Herd players are going to suck.  Everyone here, and I mean every single Herd fan, wants to keep moving up the ranks of college football.  When you stop holding the players resposible for their play and give free passes for the sake of the kid, then all hope of being "elite" is lost.  We are getting passes p be college football right now.  I think this is a critical 2 years ahead of us.  A couple of the MAC schools have passed us up (barely), UofL has warped speed passed us, along with the new DI schools UCONN and S. Fl. passing us up.  If we are just going to "play nice" with our players then we need to rethink where we are and want to be in the college football heirarchy.

I will say once again, whoever is the starting QB I will pull for with 100% conviction.  I hope that the few of us that have differing views on the QB position (which is the only position that we need solid play from to be a conference contender and top 25 team) are completely wrong.  I will be happy to be wrong and tell one of you guys to scoot over so I can jump on the wagon.
    "If we lose one more game," said Bernard Morris, "we might as well hang it up."

Online 2xBison

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2006, 07:09:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • you'll be wrong as usual.

i still get a kick recalling back to when you were talking about all the thugs MU had and OSU didn't have that kind of a player......right before the rash of arrests in Columbus....... :shock:
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2006, 07:09:04 PM »

Offline mutosufan

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #22 on: August 06, 2006, 07:32:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    i still get a kick recalling back to when you were talking about all the thugs MU had and OSU didn't have that kind of a player......right before the rash of arrests in Columbus.......

No actualy I said the players at MU were getting into more trouble.  The violations were just a "little" more serious than the DUI's.  Now lets not start with discipline, or lack ther of, under Pruett and sicipline under Tressel.   And yes, Pruett was recruiting thugs while tOSU was kicking the ones they had out.  Everyone has them, it is how you handle them.  You don't want to start spilling dirt from the Pruett days here on the internet.  This stuff isnt 2nd hand either buddy.  I was there with my own eyes and ears.  And where would that get us anyway?  But of course 2x probably can one up me, can't you 2x?
    "If we lose one more game," said Bernard Morris, "we might as well hang it up."

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2006, 07:36:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It just amazes me that even though everyone can tell by RYAN's posts that he was getting way out of hand, that yet, still, someone like mutosufan, can complain about it like it was a one time thing and he got banned.

Yeah right, mutosufan. To have an opposing opinion is one thing. To consistantly bash players and hijack threads with your consistant bashing is another.

I don't know what you are trying to get started, but I promise you that every person here is treated fairly and given many many many chances before a banning takes place.

If you don't like it here, go back to your osu board. I am sure there are plenty of things to talk about there. Lord knows that much.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    « Reply #24 on: August 06, 2006, 07:54:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pure and simple. If you constantly bash a player you will be disiplined. It's one thing to say something when emotions are running high, like after a bad game, or to make a point. But to go on and on is asking for it.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2006, 07:54:49 PM »