Author Topic: hey GCy  (Read 3490 times)

Offline W0lfman

hey GCy
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 02:48:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What in the world are you basing your opinon that wvu is a top 25 program?

HerdFans.com

hey GCy
    « Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 02:48:53 PM »

Offline 2xBison

hey GCy
    « Reply #26 on: March 22, 2006, 03:01:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • it's probably based on the fact he doesn't know more than what Caridi tells him.

sure wvu is top 25 team right now, program, no way in hell.

MU's teams of the late 90s early 00s would look just as much like a top 25 team as wvu in the watered down big least.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    hey GCy
    « Reply #27 on: March 22, 2006, 03:13:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wolf, stop trying to reason with an Eer fan. Some of my closest friends are Eers (the horror). There are some reasonable ones, but the vast majority have a grossly inflated view of their program. I cut the most irritating ones out of my life..............

Herd fans would be wise to take on some of that arrogance and swagger, imo.

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    hey GCy
    « Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 04:15:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ear girl!, I said guys drafted in the NFL since 1997, not free agents who played for either team and made the NFL.  Marshall since 1997 has had a few guys go undrafted, but played or still play in the NFL!

Marshall
    1997:
    Moss
    1998:
    Wade
    1999:
    Pennington, Chapman, Beckett, Williams
    Toviessi
    Schuillo, Massey
    Leftwich, Crocker
    Watts
    Goddard
    This years draft; 4-7 Marshall probably none!
    WVU:
    I don't know!  They have only piss-poor role players!  Still for this years draft probaly none drafted despite a 10-1 record!  Gobble,Gobble!

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    hey GCy
    « Reply #29 on: March 22, 2006, 05:35:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "2xBison"
    ...sure wvu is top 25 team right now, program, no way in hell...

Now be fair, WVU is one of the top 25 teams in the Big East.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Offline wvufan25601

• Earfan
    • Rookie
    hey GCy
    « Reply #30 on: March 22, 2006, 09:07:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Photo by"
    Quote from: "2xBison"
    ...sure wvu is top 25 team right now, program, no way in hell...

Now be fair, WVU is one of the top 25 teams in the Big East.[/quote           Dreamherd Why do i think WVU is a top 25 team over the long haul. Easy 7win average per season 0ver the last 25 years.Now for the  draft marshall 10 .Now look at WVU                                             1997 M logan 2 rounC Cutis 6 round                                                  1998 H Slay 7 round                                                                         1999zereoue,  stills 3 round Page, , Thorton, Fisher,   2 round                   2000 Becket 1 round Green, Porter 2 round Bulger6 round                       2003 Nimmo 4 round Davis 5 round                                                        Missed one in 1999 Landolt                                                                    
    2004 Jones 1 round Henery 3 round Marshall late round                           My count shows 18 an had 9 in 1995-96 and 2 for 1 walk ons over
    Marshall over the years

Offline GreenVooDoo

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 04/2009
    hey GCy
    « Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 10:06:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man, brother, did you sip some Moonshine before typing that? I understand some of it but the rest is jibberish.  :???:
    HOPE NEVER DIES!

Geaux HERD!

Offline z13629

• Earfan
    • Junior Varsity
    hey GCy
    « Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 10:39:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Garbanjo"
    Wolf, stop trying to reason with an Eer fan. Some of my closest friends are Eers (the horror). There are some reasonable ones, but the vast majority have a grossly inflated view of their program. I cut the most irritating ones out of my life..............

Herd fans would be wise to take on some of that arrogance and swagger, imo.

Ditto regarding most herd fans.  That's why they're called 'fans' there Einstein.

Offline G CY

• Practice Squad
    hey GCy
    « Reply #33 on: March 23, 2006, 02:05:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know who you re and don't really care to ever meet you but I can see by your past posts you have a long way to go to catch up with me in the knowledge of the game of football or basketball. If you want to talk about me like that you should at least have the courage to print your real name instead of hiding behind some goofy scteen name.

Offline W0lfman

hey GCy
    « Reply #34 on: March 23, 2006, 07:19:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cy i wouldnt sweated it to much with what that jackleg has to say.  He is as his screenname says a BigMountaineerFan.  And we all know those "idiots" dont know diddly pooh about squat.

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    hey GCy
    « Reply #35 on: March 23, 2006, 08:01:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't recall Lance Nimmo being drafted!  Please list their full names please!

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    hey GCy
    « Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 08:04:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WVU girl, I counted more than 10 for Marshall, and I may have left out a couple!  I'm not sure all the guys you listed from Margretown were actually drafted!  I know the 13 listed for Marshall were!

HerdFans.com

hey GCy
    « Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 08:04:30 AM »

Offline G CY

• Practice Squad
    hey GCy
    « Reply #37 on: March 23, 2006, 08:15:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't sweat it Wolf after years of coaching and listening to yahoos who didn't know a football or basketball from a pineapple its good to not have to be quiet but instead lash out at them. That's why I love talk radio when the goofys call you can just use some facts and make them look goofier and my it really upsets them because they don't know how to fight the truth and facts. But I really think if a person wants to call someone not so smart they should have enough backbone to print their name.

Offline wvufan25601

• Earfan
    • Rookie
    hey GCy
    « Reply #38 on: March 23, 2006, 06:35:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "BayouBengalHerd"
    Man, brother, did you sip some Moonshine before typing that? I understand some of it but the rest is jibberish.  :???:
                                                                                                                                                                                                                             What ppart of the jibberish did you not understand . Marshall has had 11 players drafted in the last 8 years while WVU had 18 . I also said in  1995 an 96  WVU  had 9 drafted. Also for every player that signed a free agent contract from Marshall WVU signed 2

Offline GreenVooDoo

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 04/2009
    hey GCy
    « Reply #39 on: March 23, 2006, 06:45:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "wvufan25601"
    What part of the jibberish did you not understand . Marshall has had 11 players drafted in the last 8 years while WVU had 18 . I also said in  1995 an 96  WVU  had 9 drafted. Also for every player that signed a free agent contract from Marshall WVU signed 2

Well 1st off, it is one of the ongest run-on sentences I have ever read. I understood some, but the use of commas, semicolons and punctuation would make it much more understandable and readable, IMO. Moreover, the use of appropriate punctuation would have made your points stick out.
    HOPE NEVER DIES!

Geaux HERD!

Offline Bill In Huntington

• Earfan
    • Junior Varsity
    No Players Drafted?
    « Reply #40 on: March 24, 2006, 04:46:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WVU girls! How about counting the number of guys drafted in the NFL since 1997! How about the number of guys drafted in the NBA. Sure, give me the Brooklyn Bridge, because I am going to need a for sure escape route when Margaretown is set on fire on September 2, 2006! You team was top 10 in the country this year and may not even get a player drafted. Your best chance is a midget safety who runs a 4.7 40. Sports are about schemes right now, and WV has good schemes. These schemes will eventually be nuetralized and solved by the HERD and everyone else! As the non-qualifiers go away, so do the Mountain-ears!

There will be a couple drafted (Hunter, Lorello and an O-Lineman) but that is a good thing...The NFL isn't allowed to "Draft" college sophomores.....Hence the problem for many of WVU's opponents this year.  Most of the stars on last year's team were freshmen......By they way we were a "Top 5" team last year.

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    hey GCy
    « Reply #41 on: March 24, 2006, 06:31:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bill my man, your OL run 5.5 40's, and Lorello has neither competed in a Pro Day nor NFL combine.  Hate to bust your bubble, but they will not be drafted!  In fact, when is the last time you had an OL drafted, as well as DL.  WV does not have superior players Billy, they have a superior scheme right now which helps make their players look good!  You will get exposed soon!

Offline Bill In Huntington

• Earfan
    • Junior Varsity
    Hunter will be drafted (He is a 295lb DL)
    « Reply #42 on: March 24, 2006, 07:36:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We'll see if Slaton, White & others have any ability come 9/2/06.  I think you'll see that they have decent speed.  Maybe not fast or skilled enough to play the mighty Herd but they were good enough to run circles around the SEC Champs.  I just hope you guys take it easy on us.

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    hey GCy
    « Reply #43 on: March 24, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That might Georgia team that you played last year was shades of the Georgia team we played the year before!  WE held them to 13 points!  They scored 35 on you in 2 1/2 quarters.  If they hadn't treated you like a joke, you would have lost!  No doubt, your offense is very good, but your Defense stinks, and I don't care what the stats say.  You played 3 teams with good WR's last year and Georgia had lost two WR's the previous year to the draft!  The Georgia team Marshall played we have obliterated WV!  Pollack, Davis, and Thurman would have destroyed your players!  WV lucked out and Richt suspended a couple of his players for the Sugar bowl, one being the best guy on Defense in the big DT Anderson.  Georgia did not take WV seriously until it was to late!

Offline wvufan25601

• Earfan
    • Rookie
    hey GCy
    « Reply #44 on: March 24, 2006, 10:21:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Dreamherd"
    That might Georgia team that you played last year was shades of the Georgia team we played the year before!  WE held them to 13 points!  They scored 35 on you in 2 1/2 quarters.  If they hadn't treated you like a joke, you would have lost!  No doubt, your offense is very good, but your Defense stinks, and I don't care what the stats say.  You played 3 teams with good WR's last year and Georgia had lost two WR's the previous year to the draft!  The Georgia team Marshall played we have obliterated WV!  Pollack, Davis, and Thurman would have destroyed your players!  WV lucked out and Richt suspended a couple of his players for the Sugar bowl, one being the best guy on Defense in the big DT Anderson.  Georgia did not take WV seriously until it was to late!
                                                                                                                       Dreamherd I need some help ,tell me aboout your 5 great wins against top 25 teams . let me startr you with the Kan game . Now your turn name 4 more?????? Can,t think of anry others . I would think a teams in the top 25 3 times would have at least one more.  could be Marshall was only a top 25 team on paper not on the schedule they played. By the way dave goes with the WVUFAN25601

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    hey GCy
    « Reply #45 on: March 24, 2006, 11:02:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My top 5 Marshall wins:

1. At Clemson who played in the Peach Bowl!  Most importantly Marshall's top ranked defense destroys weenie Rod's offense for dummies!

2. At South Carolina; a young Herd destroys NFL greats John Abraham, Duce Staley, and NFL QB Anthony Wright!

3. #25 BYU!  It is during this final game for a loaded Marshall squad that holds BYU to its lowest point total in the Lavell Edwards coaching era, and which the great Alabama coach Bill Curry says " Marshall is the best team I have seen all year".  My man, the herd could have won the National title in 1999.  Only common opponent between National Champ FSU and Marshall was weenie Rod's Clemson squad.  Both Marshall and FSU won by 3, however Tommy Bowden throws the game or Clemson wins!  I wonder if the cheater weenie Rod had a big part in that fix!

4.  Kansas State; Big 12 Champs go down at home due to a brutal ground assault by two Marshall backs who have been collecting NFL pay for two and three years!  

5.  Lousiville three times; I put this game at five because when WV beat Loserville they thought they won the National Championship!  My boy: WE OWN LOSERVILLE!!  Your loaded WV team needed the refs to cheat so you could win!  You would have lost at home by 2 touchdowns if the refs didn't make the incorrect call on the onside kick!

6.  GMAC BOWL:  Enough said WV girl from Margaretown!      

7.  WV SUCKS!!

Offline wvufan25601

• Earfan
    • Rookie
    hey GCy
    « Reply #46 on: March 24, 2006, 11:44:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Dreamherd"
    My top 5 Marshall wins:

1. At Clemson who played in the Peach Bowl!  Most importantly Marshall's top ranked defense destroys !@#$ Rod's offense for dummies!

2. At South Carolina; a young Herd destroys NFL greats John Abraham, Duce Staley, and NFL QB Anthony Wright!

3. #25 BYU!  It is during this final game for a loaded Marshall squad that holds BYU to its lowest point total in the Lavell Edwards coaching era, and which the great Alabama coach Bill Curry says " Marshall is the best team I have seen all year".  My man, the herd could have won the National title in 1999.  Only common opponent between National Champ FSU and Marshall was !@#$ Rod's Clemson squad.  Both Marshall and FSU won by 3, however Tommy Bowden throws the game or Clemson wins!                   I wonder if the cheater !@#$ Rod had a big part in that fix!

4.  Kansas State; Big 12 Champs go down at home due to a brutal ground assault by two Marshall backs who have been collecting NFL pay for two and three years!  

5.  Lousiville three times; I put this game at five because when WV beat Loserville they thought they won the National Championship!  My boy: WE OWN LOSERVILLE!!  Your loaded WV team needed the refs to cheat so you could win!  You would have lost at home by 2 touchdowns if the refs didn't make the incorrect call on the onside kick!

Dreamherd  MY question was top 25  teams. 1. Clemson 6-6 2. South Carolina  1 win in 2 years against Ball state with no wins 3. Not sure BYU was a top 25 team 4. i named Kansas for you 5. Louisiville not a top 50 team  > would you like to try again .This top 25 teams . Good luck .This  could be a unfair question .
    7.  WV SUCKS!!

HerdFans.com

hey GCy
    « Reply #46 on: March 24, 2006, 11:44:38 PM »

Offline wvufan25601

• Earfan
    • Rookie
    hey GCy
    « Reply #47 on: March 24, 2006, 11:50:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "wvufan25601"
    Quote from: "Dreamherd"
    My top 5 Marshall wins:

1. At Clemson who played in the Peach Bowl!  Most importantly Marshall's top ranked defense destroys !@#$ Rod's offense for dummies!

3. #25 BYU!  It is during this final game for a loaded Marshall squad that holds BYU to its lowest point total in the Lavell Edwards coaching era, and which the great Alabama coach Bill Curry says " Marshall is the best team I have seen all year".  My man, the herd could have won the National title in 1999.  Only common opponent between National Champ FSU and Marshall was !@#$ Rod's Clemson squad.  Both Marshall and FSU won by 3, however Tommy Bowden throws the game or Clemson wins!                   I wonder if the cheater !@#$ Rod had a big part in that fix!

Dreamherd  MY question was top 25  teams. 1. Clemson 6-6 2. South Carolina  1 win in 2 years against Ball state with no wins 3. Not sure BYU was a top 25 team 4. i named Kansas for you 5. Louisiville not a top 50 team  > would you like to try again .This top 25 teams . Good luck .This  could be a unfair question .
    7.  WV SUCKS!!

Offline biggreenthunder

• All American
    hey GCy
    « Reply #48 on: March 25, 2006, 09:31:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Apparently Dreamherd, wvufan 25601 liked your post so much, he had to quote it twice without any comment.  You took his breath a way. :lol:
    Gatorade sucks.  Water is better.

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    hey GCy
    « Reply #49 on: March 25, 2006, 11:49:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Since WV record against top 10 opponents on the road is 1-30 something, I would venture to say that there overall record against top 25 opponents is poor, despite getting to play several of these teams at home.  Marshall has played all top 25 teams on the road, and already has as many top 10 wins on the road as WV.  Also, when we go on the road, we play the top 10 programs of all time, and we have come close to beating a few!  How did that last second shot feel the other night, well we lost to OSU in the same way!  If we get back to where we were 5 years ago, WV will not touch us!   We will be the new FSU, and wv will become much like an Illinois or Indiana type program since there will be no more non-qualifiers in Margaretown!

HerdFans.com

hey GCy
    « Reply #49 on: March 25, 2006, 11:49:09 AM »