Author Topic: hey GCy  (Read 3489 times)

Online 2xBison

hey GCy
« on: March 16, 2006, 08:12:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • the yella and blew boys were hitting you last night on 1240 am for your comments about the Big East and UC regarding the ncaa tourney selection.

some new guy was on, he said, "the commentator from the night before has a small school perspective"  They seem to forget they've only had two good years and it really hasn't been too many years since they were in a small school conference in the Atlantic 10.

I get a kick listening to those jack leg experts.  Give wvu credit, two good years in bball on the national scene.  But man, listening to those guys, you'd think wvu was a perennial national power.  A week or so earlier they laughed at the possibility Beilien would consider wake or mizzou over wvu.  They're really quite amusing.  Can't wait until they lose and can't wait until next year.

Here's hoping for an early wvu exit.  If so, I may need to give the boys a call.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

hey GCy
    « on: March 16, 2006, 08:12:08 AM »

Offline G CY

• Practice Squad
    hey GCy
    « Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 09:26:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They can blast me all they want because it just shows how little some of them know about sports. The new guy in fact is such a sports person I have never heard of him after coaching in the area for 35 years.

Offline carolinaherdfan

hey GCy
    « Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just for all to get an idea of how Mountie fans perceive their football program. In 1999, they spent virtually the entire call in program talking about replacing Maryland from their schedule. Yes, the callers one after another repeatedly called in about how non-competitive the series had became. That was before the big guy became their coach. Now they just move onto another team on their schedule. Same discussions just a different team. Their perception of their superiority over their competition is more than unbelievable. If Marshall fans had about 10% of these peoples moxie they could do wonders. No wonder with the State Press brain washing.  CM Rodriguez has made it a custom to have all his players write down on a piece of paper who in America is better than WVU before the season begins. He said at first there were other schools on some of their papers. Last year was their first year where it was 100% unanimous No One was better. He said they are finally getting it. They have the people in WV believing this same thing.

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    hey GCy
    « Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 09:52:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have WVU exiting in the 1st round this year vs SIU. Ive seen SIU play OOC this year and they are scary good. Maybe even good enough to make a Sweet 16 run. Although I have Iowa beating them in the 2nd round but it will be close.

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    hey GCy
    « Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 11:24:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Give wvu credit, two good years in bball on the national scene. But man, listening to those guys, you'd think wvu was a perennial national power.

I wish our administration had that same attitude re: Marshall.

Offline Thunders

hey GCy
    « Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 12:01:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WVU will win Friday and lose Sun. against Iowa. They aren't going to last. they are not as hot as they were this time last year. They had a great shooting streak going and now they just have a losing streak. Plus people know about them now and the offense they run. People figured them out.

If they were truly supposed to be as good as last year then a team who made the Final 4 a year ago you would think with experience would come back the next season and stay at least in the top 10 most of the season. Didn't happen, which proved my point that they were not as good as WVU fans thought they were in the first place. I knew that.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline monsterherd

• Junior Varsity
    Re: hey GCy
    « Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 03:49:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "2xBison"
    the yella and blew boys were hitting you last night on 1240 am for your comments about the Big East and UC regarding the ncaa tourney selection.

some new guy was on, he said, "the commentator from the night before has a small school perspective"  They seem to forget they've only had two good years and it really hasn't been too many years since they were in a small school conference in the Atlantic 10.

I get a kick listening to those jack leg experts.  Give wvu credit, two good years in bball on the national scene.  But man, listening to those guys, you'd think wvu was a perennial national power.  A week or so earlier they laughed at the possibility Beilien would consider wake or mizzou over wvu.  They're really quite amusing.  Can't wait until they lose and can't wait until next year.

Here's hoping for an early wvu exit.  If so, I may need to give the boys a call.

Prosser isnt going anywhere, another .500 type season and he will be on the hot seat... Wake doesnt accept mediocrity or losing seasons like some schools  :shock:  Prosser has been a great coach and look at the accomplishments they have even under Prosser, they underachieved this year according to publications but everyone in W-S knew after Paul left late it was going to be tough to find a PG to take over and when Justin Gray moved to the 2 and Hale played, it killed Wake.  Prosser isnt going anywhere, he still has a ton of support, Im in downton W-S about 10 minutes from Wake, wrote a couple articles on them this season...   There has been alot of distractions and turmoil surrounding the team this year but that was mainly inner team squabbles and I expect alot of that get ironed out after Big Eric & Justin are gone... only way Prosser would leave is to accept a job elsewhere, people in W-S will not run him off unless he goes .500 next year and then the year after... he'd be toast.

Also, I dont like WVU as much as the next guy, but they have a good team and could make a Final 8 run again this year... we beat them, we are not good... however, that's what rivalries are for.

Offline DJdaHERDfan

hey GCy
    « Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 06:23:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think WVU loses the first game.

The team they play is similar to MU style of play with the exception of having better athletes.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    hey GCy
    « Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 08:05:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have only seen the Marshall and WV matchup since 1996, and after any lose, I never ever walked away think WV had the better athletes.  I always thought we had more RAW and physically talented athletes.   In fact a marshall football 5 years ago who was deciding between a few schools and WV being one of them, told me that when he visited each school and saw the players, Marshall had two-times the more RAW and physically gifted athletes.  He was stunned by the noticable difference!  I think his statement reveals that one year your team is in the dumps, and within a short time you can be competing for DI National Titles.  That is the fact about DI sports!  Marshall has name recognition, what we need now is an Athletic Director who knows and understands this truth!  Marshall could in no time with the proper leadership at the helm whether young or old be playing for National Championships, and the echoes of WE ARE MARSHALL could be all over the radio waves!

Offline z13629

• Earfan
    • Junior Varsity
    hey GCy
    « Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 06:20:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A bump-a-roo.

Offline West Virginia Hillbilly

• Junior Varsity
    hey GCy
    « Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 07:48:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "z13629"
    A bump-a-roo.

"This thread is about you, and the brokenbackmountaineer you seem to be, which there is nothing wrong with that if this is who you are, but would you stop believing you are welcome on all West Virginians sports message boards anytime day or night, and never be invited? Would you ignorant 'hoo's and the rest of your racist friends, for the Jeffersonian State of racism you live in, who evidently view we West Virginians with intellectual contempt as evidenced by your constant attempt to brow beat us at will , please stop coming onto our message boards including the blue and gold with all your Jeffersonian racist condesention, and your condescending (I must be superior big white guy) attitude telling us poor white people and we people of color here in WVA what seat we need to take on our bus. As is ususal, the colonialialism you and your racist friends have, we find disgusting and are no longer in a mood to be around you. Same Jeffersonian slave with the no respect i.e., run over the poor attitude tht has always been prevalent in your posts. Will you and your bigioted racist white hooded gang leave us West Virginians once and for all?

Offline Bill In Huntington

• Earfan
    • Junior Varsity
    West Virginia Hillbilly....
    « Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 07:54:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What you said....DITTOS.  Whoooos suck Arse.

HerdFans.com

West Virginia Hillbilly....
    « Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 07:54:11 PM »

Offline z13629

• Earfan
    • Junior Varsity
    hey GCy
    « Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 09:23:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "West Virginia Hillbilly"
    Quote from: "z13629"
    A bump-a-roo.

"This thread is about you, and the brokenbackmountaineer you seem to be, which there is nothing wrong with that if this is who you are, but would you stop believing you are welcome on all West Virginians sports message boards anytime day or night, and never be invited? Would you ignorant 'hoo's and the rest of your racist friends, for the Jeffersonian State of racism you live in, who evidently view we West Virginians with intellectual contempt as evidenced by your constant attempt to brow beat us at will , please stop coming onto our message boards including the blue and gold with all your Jeffersonian racist condesention, and your condescending (I must be superior big white guy) attitude telling us poor white people and we people of color here in WVA what seat we need to take on our bus. As is ususal, the colonialialism you and your racist friends have, we find disgusting and are no longer in a mood to be around you. Same Jeffersonian slave with the no respect i.e., run over the poor attitude tht has always been prevalent in your posts. Will you and your bigioted racist white hooded gang leave us West Virginians once and for all?

Wow! What a rambling rant.  You make little sense, but I give you an A for effort.

ps, what happened to your hillbilly schtik?

Offline wvufan25601

• Earfan
    • Rookie
    hey GCy
    « Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 04:41:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Dreamherd"
    I have only seen the Marshall and WV matchup since 1996, and after any lose, I never ever walked away think WV had the better athletes.  I always thought we had more RAW and physically talented athletes.   In fact a marshall football 5 years ago who was deciding between a few schools and WV being one of them, told me that when he visited each school and saw the players, Marshall had two-times the more RAW and physically gifted athletes.  He was stunned by the noticable difference!  I think his statement reveals that one year your team is in the dumps, and within a short time you can be competing for DI National Titles.  That is the fact about DI sports!  Marshall has name recognition, what we need now is an Athletic Director who knows and understands this truth!  Marshall could in no time with the proper leadership at the helm whether young or old be playing for National Championships, and the echoes of WE ARE MARSHALL could be all over the radio waves!
      For Dreamherd Lets look back on the eight years Marshall spent in th MAC.  First your strength of schedule 1997 110 1998 118 1999 111 2000 102 2001 93 under 100 2002 113 2003 84 again under 100 and 2004 112 . Nexyt lets checkout your top wins 1997 no wins against a top75 team 1998Miami was 42 Lousiville a 57 and Toledo in at 76.  1999 Clemson a 6-6team in at 24 and BYU 30 and Miami at at 80 2000 Your best wins Western Mich 35 Cinn 65 and Miami 104 2001 Bowling Green 46 E Car 58 and Miami 62 2002 Toledo  52 Miami 56 Louisville 66 and a fourth team under 75 Central Fla at 70 2003  a win against Kan. 14  and the next team Akron 90 2004 Best two wins Akron 130 and Kent 134 . This closes out the Mac conference with 2 wins against top 25 teams 4 wins against teams ranked between 26-50 and 7  wins against teams ranked between 51-75. Lets go back and look at your dumb statement trying to bad mouth WVU More  raw talent ,would you like to buy the Brooklyn bridge .I  would sell it real cheap.

Offline z13629

• Earfan
    • Junior Varsity
    hey GCy
    « Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 05:40:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There's a reason the alias is "dream" herd.

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    hey GCy
    « Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 07:22:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll be more than happy to supply the guns for your suicides, if the Herd wins this year.

Since I'm a nice guy, I'll be sure and give you hollow-points..........

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    hey GCy
    « Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 07:53:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Garbanjo"
    I'll be more than happy to supply the guns for your suicides, if the Herd wins this year.

I wouldn't, I'll give him a 50 cent bullet. I want it as painful as can be.

Offline z13629

• Earfan
    • Junior Varsity
    hey GCy
    « Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 09:11:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Garbanjo"
    I'll be more than happy to supply the guns for your suicides, if the Herd wins this year.

No thanks.  I'll take the narcotic route.

Online 2xBison

hey GCy
    « Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 10:31:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • you'd think this wvu trash would have better things to do right now than worry about little old non rival MU.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Dreamherd

• Heisman
    hey GCy
    « Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 11:18:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WVU girls!  How about counting the number of guys drafted in the NFL since 1997!  How about the number of guys drafted in the NBA.  Sure, give me the Brooklyn Bridge, because I am going to need a for sure escape route when Margaretown is set on fire on September 2, 2006!  You team was top 10 in the country this year and may not even get a player drafted.  Your best chance is a midget safety who runs a 4.7 40.  Sports are about schemes right now, and WV has good schemes.  These schemes will eventually be nuetralized and solved by the HERD and everyone else!  As the non-qualifiers go away, so do the Mountain-ears!

Offline GreenVooDoo

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 04/2009
    hey GCy
    « Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006, 07:07:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Two years of Mens Basketball success and you'd think WVU was the 21st century reincarnation of teh early 1990's Duke teams.

Can't wait for the basketball excuses the following years. This is the same school that wouldn't commerate Jerry West for 30 some years.
    HOPE NEVER DIES!

Geaux HERD!

Offline wvufan25601

• Earfan
    • Rookie
    hey GCy
    « Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 10:57:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Dreamherd"
    WVU girls!  How about counting the number of guys drafted in the NFL since 1997!  How about the number of guys drafted in the NBA.  Sure, give me the Brooklyn Bridge, because I am going to need a for sure escape route when Margaretown is set on fire on September 2, 2006!  You team was top 10 in the country this year and may not even get a player drafted.  Your best chance is a midget safety who runs a 4.7 40.  Sports are about schemes right now, and WV has good schemes.  These schemes will eventually be nuetralized and solved by the HERD and everyone else!  As the non-qualifiers go away, so do the Mountain-ears!
     For Dreamhead  Most people put mouth in gear before speaking . For the non-qualifiers Marshall in your first 9years over 70 WVU has had 37 in 16 years . Now lets look at the NFL rosters for 2005 WVU 19 Marshall 14,as for couch burning we only burn for big times wins . This will leave Marshall out.For 2xbison If all the hatered for WVU and the false lies was left of the Marshall boards . the WVU fan would soon dis-appear

HerdFans.com

hey GCy
    « Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006, 10:57:56 AM »

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    hey GCy
    « Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006, 12:01:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Now lets look at the NFL rosters for 2005 WVU 19 Marshall 14.

I like this stat.

The mid-major team with the tiny budget that has been D 1-A less than a decade has 14 guys in the NFL.

The BCS team, BCS bowl team, nationally ranked, big deal conference, big budget, yadda yadda yadda... team has 19.

The schoolteacher in me, if grading on the curve, gives the mid major an A and the BCS team C-.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Offline GreenSteve

hey GCy
    « Reply #23 on: March 22, 2006, 12:50:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    as for couch burning we only burn for big times wins . This will leave Marshall out....

especially if you lose....

Look at your attendance to see what was one of highest attended games in WVU history...(hint) it wasn't Rutgers....

GS.
    "The world is full of crackers and belly-button rings..." - Blue Tip - The Cars.

Offline wvufan25601

• Earfan
    • Rookie
    hey GCy
    « Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 01:58:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "GreenSteve"
    as for couch burning we only burn for big times wins . This will leave Marshall out....

especially if you lose....

Look at your attendance to see what was one of highest attended games in WVU history...(hint) it wasn't Rutgers. Marshall travels will,  to bad for your home games in a stadium that holds 39000  you are hard pushed to average 25000. ,  If you want talk the talk than you need to walk the walk, all i i hear as of now is a lot of talk an no walk. WVU dose not claim that they are a top 15 program ,but over the long haul we are a top  25 .  program . I think  that over last 9 years Marshall with their 13 wins against top 75 teams  might be a top 70 team  

GS.

HerdFans.com

hey GCy
    « Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 01:58:30 PM »