Author Topic: thought's about wvu's super bowl  (Read 344 times)

Offline 2xBison

thought's about wvu's super bowl
« on: September 06, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, it's more their super bowl than ours.  I would love to beat them, would be one of our great wins.  But, they are much more worried about losing to us than we are beating them.  Ask them, you ever hear "it would ruin our season", "it would set our program back a decade" etc etc.  A win wouldn't make our season, now it would be a nice thing to fall back on in a bad year, and we like it more than they do the W they get over us, but make or break a season, not for us.  Loss ruin theirs that = their superbowl.

That said, I hope the series continues.  We are finally getting slowly better (we've played their great teams with our bad teams!) and you we want to quit now?  When their fans finally learn how to act?

Sorry, a handful of visits from BCS programs and Navy visiting us from 1997 to what, 2015 (considering future schedule) doesn't get me to conclude "don't need them" as so many said.  Not saying we "need" but it is good for us and great for season ticket sells and exposure on ESPN (both Hton games on espn).  While we benefit more than them in terms of scheduling, it's a good deal for them too and a good series for state,  can't convince me otherwise.

I'm not going to worry about and we can both move on, but I hope something does get done and the series continues.
    « Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 09:49:02 AM by 2xBison »
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

thought's about wvu's super bowl
    « on: September 06, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »

Offline phillyherdfan

Re: thought's about wvu's super bowl
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 09:51:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm with you 2X... the series needs to continue.  Most logical WVU fans also agree.  It is good for everyone - WVU, MU, fans of both schools and the state.

Play the game!

Offline Green Dog

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 10:02:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The game needs to be played.

As you said, their fear of eventually losing is what drives them to stop this game before it happens.
    Nothing more.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 10:02:40 AM »