Author Topic: HD: Anderson might be out with sore ribs...  (Read 395 times)

Offline GreenSteve

HD: Anderson might be out with sore ribs...
« on: October 23, 2010, 07:39:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Brian Anderson might have an injury issue.

Speculation is that Marshall University's starting quarterback is suffering from a cartilage problem in his ribs.

If that is true, it could impact whether Anderson will be the starting quarterback when Marshall (1-5 overall, 0-2 Conference USA) plays East Carolina (4-2, 2-0) at 4:15 p.m., Saturday, in Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium.

Anderson has started every game this season, completing 100 of 177 passes (.565) for 1,009 yards and nine touchdowns with six interceptions.

Considering redshirt freshman quarterback A.J. Graham is also sidelined by a high ankle sprain, the starting duties could fall to true freshman Ed Sullivan if Anderson is unable to play.

Sullivan, who has appeared in three games, has completed three of 17 passes (.176) for 117 yards and one touchdown. In the Herd's last game -- a 35-14 loss to UCF -- Sullivan was 2-for-7 for 97 yards, including an 86-yard touchdown pass to Aaron Dobson on a short hitch.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/marshall/x232686055/Anderson-might-be-out-with-sore-ribs
    "The world is full of crackers and belly-button rings..." - Blue Tip - The Cars.

HerdFans.com

HD: Anderson might be out with sore ribs...
    « on: October 23, 2010, 07:39:02 AM »

Offline Peter Griffin

• Varsity
    Re: HD: Anderson might be out with sore ribs...
    « Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 08:49:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well I thought that Anderson was our best QB on the team, this seems like as good an opportunity as any to hand the team over to Sullivan.  While a winning season is not out of the question, at this point it is unlikely.  So let's start looking to the future and get Sullivan some meaningful, significant game time experience, to prepare for the future.

Offline murox

• Varsity
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 09:26:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Sully is our future, then our future is more bleak than our recent past.  God help us.  :(

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 09:33:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not down on Sully, but we are probably in a position where Cann and Press Taylor should be considered.  We should not have pulled Sullivan's redshirt.  I think I have found us a future qb, though....

Ignore the fight...it was pretty bad as football fights go, but take a look at #8.

http://www2.wsls.com/sports/2010/oct/22/5/brawls-erupt-twice-during-william-fleming-vs-patri-ar-581205/

His passing is consistently a little tall for my liking, but he's really fast.  A D1 player for sure...and he is only a Sophomore. Need to get on him.  We have some traditional ties with PH....
    « Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 09:49:06 AM by bbcard1 »

Offline GreenSteve

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 10:54:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Sully is our future, then our future is more bleak than our recent past.  God help us.  :(

LOL!
    "The world is full of crackers and belly-button rings..." - Blue Tip - The Cars.

Offline catfanatic1979

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 11:25:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love Sullivan long term but he is going to start out his career the same way Pennington did: poorly. Just keep that in mind when he throws 4-5 picks guys. I will accept that kind of performance from a true freshmen before I will from Anderson.

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 01:38:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'd like to see how Sully handles being thrown into the fire from the first snap. It is a likely loss anyway, so why not let him get knocked around and struggle with what we know to be a pretty good team. It might be just what he needs.

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 02:45:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would like to see what "The Shew" can do going from start to finish with no interruptions. I do remember Chad throwing several picks in a row and trying to decide if Leftwich would make it.  I am not saying that ES is up to the talent of either but who knows until he has a chance to learn at this level. I don't blame Doc for not redshirting him.  He needs to learn now in a game not with a clipboard not next year. Otherwise, we are looking at the same season next year and don't know if I can endure another one after this.
    "The Herd #1"

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 02:45:01 PM »