Author Topic: Well I guess we couldn't adjust to Kent's 2nd Half D Scheme.  (Read 711 times)

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
  • Member Since 02/2009
Well I guess we couldn't adjust to Kent's 2nd Half D Scheme.
« on: February 01, 2005, 10:35:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We played very well the first half, but got schlacked in the second half. Only 24 points vs the 40 we scored in the first half. I didn't get a chance to catch the game, but for someone who did, what happened in the second half? Did Kent change D or did we just shoot cold as Antarctica? I saw the score at the half and was schocked by how well we were competing, then I came back and saw the final score and I couldn't believe it. I know we have nothing to play for except developing our underclassmen, but I still want us to win a few more games.
    GO HERD!!!

HerdFans.com

« on: February 01, 2005, 10:35:32 PM »

Offline OhYeaahMU

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 11:03:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At least one Huntington team (Huntington High) is awesome.

Offline Chris from WV

• Practice Squad
    Kent State
    « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 10:39:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Didn't catch the game.  Kudos to our guys for playing hard even though we came up short. . . again. :oops:

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 11:23:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Zack, I did not see the game, but have buddies that live in Herd Town, and they say we need a floor coach.  I don't want to be negative, and this is all I will say about the matter.

GO THUNDERINGHERD!

:cool:

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 11:51:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My take (for what its worth):

I think the criticism of Coach Jirsa's game decisions is misplaced to a certain extent.  I HATE that he overcoaches the game (i.e. substitutes kids in and out constantly without allowing them to get in a rhythm or into the flow of the game), but that's how coaching has become nationwide in the last 5-8 years.  I'm a fan of the 8 player rotation, and if 20 year old college students can't play 30-35 minutes a game because of conditioning then there's something wrong in the season prep.  I know from playing that you often get in a zone on the court, and only playing 4 or 5 minutes at a time would break that concentration.

Marshall's problem right now is that we don't have great athletes, or size.  Nor do we have a very good shooting team, either.  Anderson is a terrific athlete, but he's not a very good basketball player (i.e. his defense is lacking and he's not a very good shooter).  Dawn is a good shooter most of the time, but he's not a very good defender.  AW is a pretty good shooter and a good defender, but he's not very fast.  Trey and Miles are about the closest things to total players we have and they are still young and need a lot of help - plus they need to be left on the court (see paragraph no. 1) to make mistakes and learn from them.
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 11:51:55 AM »