Author Topic: These are good times for Marshall  (Read 1266 times)

Offline DJdaHERDfan

These are good times for Marshall
« on: February 01, 2005, 07:35:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Recruiting is top notch.
    Basketball scheduling looking good.
    New facilities coming soon.
    New conference. New TV exposure.
    Fresh start.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

HerdFans.com

« on: February 01, 2005, 07:35:52 AM »

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    Plus
    « Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 08:40:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our basketball team is in the midst of a great year, a possible tourney run.

In 2004, w3  took our strongest football team on paper in recent history and went to a BCS bowl.

Oh, wait...Not being negative, just pointing out there is work to be done.  I hope and think we're getting the horses to do it.  A lot has to do more with the size of their hearts than their benchpress.  Everyone on this level can play.

Offline Mako

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 08:41:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ummm, yes you are being negative but that's normal for you.  :roll:
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

Offline _sturt_

Re: Plus
    « Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 10:59:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "bbcard1"
    Our basketball team is in the midst of a great year, a possible tourney run.

You are correct, sir... indeed, Royce appears to be taking women's hoops back to the Judy Southard summit.

:)

Offline bigwormy

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 11:17:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
    if you want more oil at a cheaper price vote republican. if you want the same amount of oil in current supply at a higher price, vote democrat and for a windfall profit tax!

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    Re: Plus
    « Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 02:09:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "_sturt_"
    Quote from: "bbcard1"
    Our basketball team is in the midst of a great year, a possible tourney run.

You are correct, sir... indeed, Royce appears to be taking women's hoops back to the Judy Southard summit.

:)

I saw her the other day in Baton Rouge, she is LSUs asst athletic dir. now. I was eating over there and she was there. I had my "Marshall" hat on and she happen to see it. And said "You know I use to be the HC there, I said "Yes I seen you when I walked in. You're Judy Southard, Southern Conf  Champ many times over". Thouught I was going to have to invite her to dinner. We talked for about 10 mins., very nice lady.

Offline mr_ash_1995

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 09:57:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe the women's bb will be the next big thing at MU.  Hopefully, they will be able to win in the NCAA tourney.  Royce's teams could be better than Judy's teams.  Only time will tell...

GO HERD :D
    Might as well have been showing a microwave to a caveman. - BBCARD1

Checker = D'Antoni...Pruett...Holliday...Huckabay...Chaump

Offline hookem herd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 12:22:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Things are definitely looking up, even for the BB program. With the recruits Coach Jirsa has coming in next season, they will make a major impact. The FB program just went through a tough year, for someone who has coach at every level from LL to High School, you just never know how kids will respond or develop. Two things I know for sure is you can't coach heart or character. Last years team had as much or more ability as any team we have ever had but in my eyes they lacked in  heart and character. Look at New England Patriots and you see a true team not a bunch of indivisuals, look at T. Brown playing where ever he can help the team the best. With reading some of the Bio's from some of these recruits it sounds like are not only raising the bar on ability and talent, but heart and character also. Only the future will tell. As for me I am excited and can't wait to see thse kids play.

Greg Adkins

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 12:22:48 AM »