Author Topic: When can we renew our season tickets?  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Huffnagel

When can we renew our season tickets?
« on: January 29, 2005, 10:53:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am actually thinking of moving a little bit and doubling my order!
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

HerdFans.com

« on: January 29, 2005, 10:53:19 PM »

Offline carolinaherdfan

Renewing season football tickets.
    « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 12:08:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It should be now.  It is a good question, and needs to be addressed now.
    The school up NORTH has already began taking orders for next fall's football season.  We need to reach out to Logan, Williamson, Lawrence co., Boyd Co. Mingo co. I-64 Corridor-G Boone Co.  From Bluefield to Kanawha Co. to Mason Co. Includng the usual Cabell and Wayne counties.  We need special promotions; train excursions, boat excursions, bus trips within the state to MU games. i.e. we need to become proactive instead of reactive, and get serious about broadening our following.  This can be done, and we cannot achieve our desires without sweat equity.

GO THUNDERINGHERD!

:cool:

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 12/2009
    Re: When can we renew our season tickets?
    « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 03:28:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Huffnagel"
    I am actually thinking of moving a little bit and doubling my order!

I once talked with MU promotions/marketing director, urging him to strike EARLY in the spring and get the push on season tickets.  If I remember correctly, the response was something thoughtful and evocative, something like, "We can't.  It's too early."  (And, as I've said before, this was right before he told me that he thought we'd pretty much tapped out the market as it was-----CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!  What a vision for growth!!!!)

Well, it's not too early!  If anything, spring is too late to get started.  Push season ticket sales as Christmas gifts, for starters.  Push them now, when people are in still in football mode, but starting to suffer from withdrawal.  Get those tax return dollars before someone else does.  Just, for God's sake, DON'T WAIT UNTIL SUMMER when folks have already spent their entertainment bucks on vacation and other summertime events.

Offline Mako

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2005, 09:06:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • CHF, how dare you to have the temerity to suggest that Marshall actually do something like - gasp - market the program.  Fifty lashes across the naked eyeball with a wet noodle for you young man.
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    We are really bad at marketing
    « Reply #4 on: January 30, 2005, 10:10:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMO that is as much as an impedement to our growth as anything...did the BG position ever get filled?  Anyway, they tend to fill them with someone who is either weak of else they hamstring them until they have no choice but to leave.  It's probably not going to change anytime soon.

Offline carolinaherdfan

Football ticket sales
    « Reply #5 on: January 30, 2005, 01:24:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We could sell a min. of 5,000 tickets by spring ball, and if we would just implement a plan we could sell 20,000 season tickets this year min., before the first kickoff.  The administration handles ticket sales like high school teams.  This is big business, and it is serious business.  Other teams are doing it, and we can do it too.

We need some different, and creative thinking here.  Get off your apathetic rear ends, and sell people on the program, and the schedule.
    People need to feel like we care; it gives them a warm "I'm Welcome" feeling that is sorely lacking at MU.  People are attracted to warmth, and the "we care about you, and your family".  Let's get with it.  We are moving to a big time program, and we need to get rid of the high school mentality.  Every single person is IMPORTANT, AND APPRECIATED.

GO THUNDERINGHERD!

Offline carolinaherdfan

Football ticket sales
    « Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 12:09:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish someone who lives in herd town would go into the athletic department, and talk to them about this.  April is too late.  A lot of people give these tickets for Christmas presents, birthday presents, anniversary presents, and when their income tax returns are finished.

MU, get with it.

GO THUNDERINGHERD!

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 12/2009
    Re: Football ticket sales
    « Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 12:25:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "carolinaherdfan"
    I wish someone who lives in herd town would go into the athletic department, and talk to them about this.  

I did a couple of years ago when I was working in marketing / ad sales.  In a nutshell, I was told there was little reason to market the program because they felt they'd already tapped out  the market for season ticket sales.   :roll:

However, the person who told me that is no longer the marketing director at MU.  But I've not seen any more aggressive marketing schemes since he left.

Offline MU Mike

• All American
    • Member Since 07/2010
    « Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 02:01:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Randy,
    When will Marshall start selling tickets for football?  It seems now with the excitement over recruits that this would be the perfect opportunity to start the process.  Do you know when ticket sales will begin?

His reply:  "Prices for tickets and schedule adjustments won’t be set until the end of Feb. or in March.  Usually, tickets for football season go on sale in March.
    Hope that helps."

I think  sales should start as soon as possible.  It looks like it is going to be a fun year.

Offline carolinaherdfan

We need to increase our giving, BUT THE U HAS TO CHANGE THIN
    « Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 04:02:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, and I will throw out another idea.  We need mini-packs.  Three games.  Two home games + the K State game.  People will buy these, and they count toward season ticket sales.  The school up NORTH has been doing this forever.

GO THUNDERINGHERD!

HerdFans.com

We need to increase our giving, BUT THE U HAS TO CHANGE THIN
    « Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 04:02:48 PM »