Author Topic: Coach?  (Read 2629 times)

Offline 2xBison

Coach?
« on: October 04, 2008, 12:29:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • fellas

i've been middle of the road........not a hater not a lover on snyder.

i know we have a young team.  but i think i've had it.

please someone tell me why to keep him on board.... i really need to know because i've got some $$$ I can spend somewhere else
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

Coach?
    « on: October 04, 2008, 12:29:22 AM »

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    Re: Coach?
    « Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 12:52:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I suggest you invest your money elsewhere until Snyder is gone.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 01:05:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I suggest you invest your money elsewhere until Snyder is gone.

I know you are a great herdfan, and I will never forget you for this, but Mark Snyder is the biggest bunch of (bleep) MU has ever had in my lifetime. I go back to Henerson when I was an infant. Even through the scandilous years of Moss, at least there was excitement. Snyder is the absolute worst major college head football coach in Amercia todayl

Offline Slice11

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 01:08:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'd almost have to agree, but I would like to know why he is that bad of a coach.  Shannon is the one calling the plays.  I know I'm going to get reamed for this, but please explain. 

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 01:08:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know you are a great herdfan, and I will never forget you for this, but Mark Snyder is the biggest bunch of bull%^&* MU has ever had in my lifetime. I go back to Henerson when I was an infant. Even through the scandilous years of Moss, at least there was excitement. Snyder is the absolute worst major college head football coach in Amercia todayl

????

Offline sdfgoherd

• All American
    « Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 01:28:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • fellas

please someone tell me why to keep him on board.... i really need to know because i've got some $$$ I can spend somewhere else

I told my wife the same thing. I seriously am considering not renewing season tickets and going to a game here and there.  This is what concerns me about Kopp. How bad does it have to get - not just the play on the field or the record, but the attendance, the Marshall football experience. Time for a change. I just can't help it.

For my wife and I it is about watching football but for my kids it is about watching the band, the cheerleaders, the crowd, etc.  Last week there was a thread about the game day atmosphere and tonight was really not good. The band is getting worse about playing irrelevant music and they are becoming more disconnected to what is happening on the field and the loudspeaker music appears to be random. The band refuses to play to the east side of the stadium and has done so for years. They play the same thing every game and I know they could learn at least one more show because they are not playing or doing anything that complicated on the field.  

While it starts with the coach, the team, and winning - someone needs to take a hard look at the big picture.  

It is just not fun anymore.

If we are not careful we will find ouselves back in those days of the 70s and those Marshall moments played on the scoreboard will be of a time long passed because there won't be any new "Marshall moments" to record. Dr. Kopp please do not let that happen.  My university deserves better.
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 01:47:43 AM by sdfgoherd »

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 01:29:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Snyder is a loser.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 02:14:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If Snyder is our coach next year, I know of 4 season tickets that won't be renewed. I will no longer support this coaching staff with my money. That's as plain as I can put it.

Online herd2win

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 02:50:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Snyder's teams quit.  That is the worse part about watching a Snyder team.

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 02:52:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Snyder's teams quit.  That is the worse part about watching a Snyder team.

Eureaka!

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 07:24:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • maybe GreenBison60 is not so crazy afterall

Offline Herd757

• Rookie
    « Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 08:47:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The well has run dry for me on Mark Snyder. What has this guy done? Its been four years and no real improvement to speak of.

--During that time he has only 3 road wins, and one of those was at a neutral site (Tulane)

--He once called out-of-conference games, "Preseason Games"

--The team continues to look unprepared and starts games miserably. Last year Southern Miss, Tulsa, UCF, and Houston, were games we nearly came back to win, but couldnt overcome 3 TD deficits. Then of course I-AA New Hampshire comes in our house and destroys us, and takes a 24-0 lead into halftime!! We have to stop spotting teams 21 points a game.

--2 years ago I watched a game at ECU. Our corners played 10-15 yards off the football, and ECU would go 10 yards and out for a first down over and over, and not once was there an adjustment to that.

--Last year the TV broadcast for the Miami game showed both teams in the lockeroom. I am not certain if anyone else noticed, but Miami was fired up, then when it showed Marshall's lockeroom, it was quiet, it showed guys biting their nails, bouncing thier legs nervously....these guys did not look like a team that was ready to go out and play at a top level. Prepared teams are confident going in.

--He's Chickens--t a lot of times when he shouldnt be. Example, right before the end of the half of last years WVU game, where he has his team drive down field to the nine yard line, and then run three give up plays to kick a FG! There are a ton of these types of decisions. Im not gonna name them all because I could go on forever.  He has a "lets not lose by a lot mindset."

--His game management and decision making has been awful. Im talking about basic football  knowledge.

--He goes 4-7 in his first year and the university gives him an EXTENSION!!!!!!!! WHY? What was the rush? What was it about that season they liked out of him?

Theres not much good to say about him as a coach. He can recruit, but what does that matter if the boys aren't prepared on game day.

I want him to win. I want him to succeed. However, the fact is he has not shown any change, or real signs of improvement since he has been here. The team continues to look unprepared, and unmotivated.

There is still time to do something this season, but I dont think that is going to change the type of coach Mark Snyder is. This is what we have, and I think he has reached his potential as a coach.
    « Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:01:59 AM by Herd757 »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2008, 08:47:05 AM »

Offline Boogercat

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 09:03:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not sure about his ability, but I think we should see how this season plays out before we totally throw Snyder under the bus.  In the past, he has looked like he is in way over his head (he still looks that way), BUT this season can still be a turn the corner type of year.  A good conference run or a bowl game would say that we are improving.  If we finish the season with 5 or fewer wins, it would then be time to move our team in a new direction. 

Offline ShearHerd

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 09:24:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm sorry...and I know I am going to get bashed for this...but.........Snyder is not the one overthrowing players.  Snyder is not the one missing blocking assignments.  Snyder is not the one punting the ball 5 yards.  Snyder is not the one dropping passes.  Snyder is not even the one calling plays.  I agree these last two losses are pathetic.  But why do we always look after every loss to blame Snyder.  Believe me, if he can't win here then send him packing...But, he showed us early in the season and I will pull up the comments from everyone saying Snder did good, and we have turned the corner.  It's time to focus on winning the next 6 games (conference games) and support our players, even if we don't support our coach.

GO HERD!!!  And for those who said they would not renew their season tickets to support these young guys, then have fun sitting at home.  I will be in the same seats I have been in for years!!!!!

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 10:32:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm sorry...and I know I am going to get bashed for this...but.........Snyder is not the one overthrowing players.  Snyder is not the one missing blocking assignments.  Snyder is not the one punting the ball 5 yards.  Snyder is not the one dropping passes.  Snyder is not even the one calling plays.

The buck stops here...It is Snyder's responsibility to have the team ready to throw accurately, to make the blocking assignments, to get good punts off, to catch the passses and to recruit players who do so.

To those who say that Snyder's saving grace is that he is a great recruiter, I repeat my opinion that he isn't even keeping up with our current level of conference competition.

Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline mr_ash_1995

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 11:20:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    i really need to know because i've got some $$$ I can spend somewhere else

May want to spend some $$$ on the basketball program...there is a lot positive things going on in the Henderson Center.  Also, the baseball team could probably use some financial backing, too.  Just a thought...

I seriously am considering not renewing season tickets and going to a game here and there.

What about basketball season tickets?  This will keep your investment in MU athletics nd you'll see a more exciting brand of play.  Also, SNYDER isn't the only local guy coaching at MU.  Mr. Jones is from Mason County, WV. Just trying to give you alternatives... :)
    Might as well have been showing a microwave to a caveman. - BBCARD1

Checker = D'Antoni...Pruett...Holliday...Huckabay...Chaump

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 11:39:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It just seems that Snyder's teams are not aggressive enough. They lack the toughness when they desperately need it.
    Pruett's teams were READY til the very end.

Even when the team was undermanned against a superior team, they were READY and had the plan to kick a$$ the entire game.
    The OSU game was a good example.
    Georgia is another.
    I remember TJ Duckett making the coments about Marshall just after Michigan State beat HERD by 10. He said "Man, them Marshall guys hit frickin' hard! I will be very sore tomorrow."
    Ever hear anybody say that about Snyder's teams?

If Snyder plays superior teams, we get killed in the worse kind of way possible.

Again, there are no half time adjustments.

Again, his clock/game management just sucks. period.

Again, he just makes the wrong calls at the wrong times......consistantly.

Yes we are 3-3 and still 2-0 in CUSA.
    But if this team keeps playing like this, we will be 3-9 and 2-6 in CUSA.

My guess is this:
    Shannon had this team at 3-1 and 2-0 CUSA. The team was looking good.
    Snyder got the big head and tried to take over the play calling and coaching the game.
    Now here we are...........
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline BSD

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2008, 11:39:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not sure about his ability, but I think we should see how this season plays out before we totally throw Snyder under the bus.  In the past, he has looked like he is in way over his head (he still looks that way), BUT this season can still be a turn the corner type of year.  A good conference run or a bowl game would say that we are improving.  If we finish the season with 5 or fewer wins, it would then be time to move our team in a new direction. 

I'm going to respectfully disagree.  Hell, I think we should go ahead and end it today and name Minter coach for the rest of the season.  If we don't win out in this weak conference, end it.  Bowl game or not.  I am sick of seeing an emotionless,  clueless coach on the sidelines.

Offline mr_ash_1995

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2008, 11:49:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Yes we are 3-3 and still 2-0 in CUSA.
    But if this team keeps playing like this, we will be 3-9 and 2-6 in CUSA.

As for the 2-0 CUSA record, we still haven't played ECU and HOUSTON.
    Might as well have been showing a microwave to a caveman. - BBCARD1

Checker = D'Antoni...Pruett...Holliday...Huckabay...Chaump

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #19 on: October 04, 2008, 12:13:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "I'm sorry...and I know I am going to get bashed for this...but.........Snyder is not the one overthrowing players.  Snyder is not the one missing blocking assignments.  Snyder is not the one punting the ball 5 yards.  Snyder is not the one dropping passes.  Snyder is not even the one calling plays.  I agree these last two losses are pathetic.  But why do we always look after every loss to blame Snyder. "

I have been asked to wait until Snyder got his players on the field, then I would see the improvement he's promised. Well the overthrowing, missed block assignments, inconsistent punting, dropped passes, and play calling are ALL SNYDERS  players and coaches. He gets NO MORE PASSES from me. Go ahead and keep your seats, I'm sure that'll turn the corner for the team.

Offline field pass

• Heisman
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #20 on: October 04, 2008, 12:15:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our QB is not an accurate passer.  He gets the ball in the general area where its suppose to be...but sometimes that means he is throwing it over the receivers head or behind the receiver. Either its because this is his first year learning the system and once he learns it better the game will seem to slow down for hm and he will be more relaxed and accurate. Or, he is simply not an accurate passer and nothing will change that. I mean he has been a QB his whole life so dont tell me they can work him into being accurate like many past QBs at Marshall. I mean even this 3rd string freshmen from Cinncy was way better....and it was his first start ever.

Secondly, the ESPn guys kept harping on the tempo of the game that we have....we never get up tempo and get any momentum or energy. If we ever make a big play Snyder has Shannon slow it right back down the next play to a slow grind....I understand mixing it up but dont stop doing what works and kill the momentum and up tempo.  SNyder has given in to believing in big plays...but he still believes on trying to force balance and keeping a slow tempo grind down the field.  This is what I see.

Snyder had no significant experience at any school at a high enough level to really understandthe big picture of how to be a winner.  Yes, he brags how he has been with winning programs but most of his experience was just a position coach...or less.  So its not that he knows how to run a program style like OSU or YSU....to be a real believe in it you have to know it.  Id say Snyder is a FAN of OSU and YSU style football...and nothing more....just like most of us are fans of traditional style Marshall football....us fans dont know howto create and run a winning program from and executive adiminstrative level....and neither does Snyder...he has never even sniffed that kind of experience or know how or feel.

He is FAN of grinding slow tempo football.  Its Shannons offense...but I see Snyders finger prints on it.....

Offline herdgrad04

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 12:55:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I won't renew my tickets next year.....I'll go up to Morgantown and watch a real program.... Snyder needs to go....
    GO HERD OR GO HOME!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2008, 12:55:28 PM »

Offline Max

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2008, 01:21:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • fellas

I say wait until conference play is over with before making your grand decision.  I won't argue to keep him if he lays an egg in conference play.  However, I don't believe the current schedule is good for judging him for this season.  Once conference play is over, then we can get a more accurate temperature of this team.  I'm not ready to throw the towel in, yet.

Offline Cocky Jeremy

• WaterBoy
    • Varsity
    « Reply #23 on: October 04, 2008, 03:20:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I won't renew my tickets next year.....I'll go up to Morgantown and watch a real program.... Snyder needs to go....
    Ouch. You could at least say Ohio St or something. lol.
    2006 Class AA State Champs! Go Pioneers!

Online The Right Stuff

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey 04 if you want to go to Morganhole I say good ridance.

TRS
    MU 71

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2008, 03:32:09 PM »