Author Topic: Marshall trying to hold onto recruit ...  (Read 1233 times)

Offline GreenSteve

Marshall trying to hold onto recruit ...
« on: January 25, 2005, 10:44:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Marshall got a verbal commitment from Gardhigh during his official visit last weekend, but there are several high-profile football programs that might try to change his mind. The list includes Mississippi State, Illinois and Georgia.

Mississippi State, Illinois and Marshall have offered scholarships to Gardhigh. He declined to make an official visit to Illinois, but Gardhigh does have a visit scheduled to Mississippi State on Wednesday.

http://www.dailymail.com/news/MU+Sports/2005012522/
    "The world is full of crackers and belly-button rings..." - Blue Tip - The Cars.

HerdFans.com

« on: January 25, 2005, 10:44:04 AM »

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 10:54:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is from Insiders on his commitment:

WR Makes A Commitment!
    by Ryan Jordan of Scout.com, January 24, 2005 at 9:40pm ET

Corey Gardhigh Profile

Corey Gardhigh took his first official visit this weekend to check out the Marshall University and it also looks like it will now be his last.

“I committed to Marshall on my visit. It’s a great school for any kid like me to go to. They have a lot of academic help and all they do on offense is chunk the ball through the air,” Corey Gardhigh said.

What did he like most about the trip to West Virginia?

“I liked a little bit everything. I got to see the players and the coaches treated me right. I’d give it an 10 and a half. It was great.”

What is he looking forward to most about reporting to the Thundering Herd?

“I’m just ready to start football. They said I could go in and maybe start at the X receiver. They also said I might get to play a little basketball too.”

Will Gardhigh take any more trips?

“I’m probably not going to take any more visits. I’m just really loving Marshall right now.”[/i]

I say he declines to go to Miss State for the Wed visit.

Online IM4DHERD

Sound like Cedartown High needs a new statistician
    « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 11:19:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Landon 1-25-05 -- "Gardhigh still managed 45 catches for about 600 yards and 12 touchdowns"

Hanshew 1-24-05 -- "Last season, Gardhigh caught 50 passes for more than 800 yards and 12 touchdowns."

Hanshew 1-23-05 -- "He caught 45 passes for 600 yards and 12 touchdowns last season"

DM 1-24-05 -- "Gardhigh of Cedartown High School (Ga.), caught 41 passes for 737 yards and six touchdowns as a senior"
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline marshallmark

IM4....
    « Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 11:54:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not sure if you last message is more interesting for the total lack of consistency in the media, or because you have the time and the interest to check on such things....   :lol:
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Online bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    Re: Sound like Cedartown High needs a new statistician
    « Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 11:57:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "IM4DHERD"
    Landon 1-25-05 -- "Gardhigh still managed 45 catches for about 600 yards and 12 touchdowns"

Hanshew 1-24-05 -- "Last season, Gardhigh caught 50 passes for more than 800 yards and 12 touchdowns."

Hanshew 1-23-05 -- "He caught 45 passes for 600 yards and 12 touchdowns last season"

DM 1-24-05 -- "Gardhigh of Cedartown High School (Ga.), caught 41 passes for 737 yards and six touchdowns as a senior"

DAMN!  What a player!  It appears he combined for 136 catches for 30 touchdowns in his senior year....that's production.

Offline ShawHerd

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 11:58:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not worried about Miss. State......

Being born and raised in GA may make it tough to say no to the Bulldogs. The entire state is fanatical about UGA. Let's hope they don't offer a scholarship and he needs scholarship money.
    "I have heard people talk about the healing process - that sounds good - or closure," Dawson told the Los Angeles Times. "I don't know what closure is, but that area of my life will never be closed. But I feel alive again. I feel I can smile again."

Offline Chris884mu

• Junior Varsity
    Relax
    « Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 12:10:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It doesn't matter.  The kid's going to do what's best for him.  I hope he comes to MU...if not we have other recruits.

Offline dixie10

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 01:10:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It also sounds as if we were very loyal to him during his period of uncertainty, maybe he will repay the respect.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 01:10:57 PM »