Author Topic: that terrible article in the WVU newspaper after MU won  (Read 1935 times)

Offline WVU06

• Rookie
that terrible article in the WVU newspaper after MU won
« on: January 22, 2005, 12:12:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dear Angry Herd Fans,
    I truly enjoyed reading the posts on this board in response to my column following the Capital Classic.  I'm still laughing about such colorful posts as... "This poor kid grew up in BFE, WV", "Wow, what a loser that guy is.", "That guy is desperate and sounds like not so smart.", "This "opinion" is so crap-tastically non-sensical.", and "Only a thick-headed rube...".
    I was especially humored by OhYeaaMU's post that took sentences from my column and said what I "really meant." Though the response that took the cake was by Olen. He wrote more than I did and even went to the touble of looking up the land percentage area of Madagascar compared to Africa. Bravo. I wish I had thought of the Wal-Mart to Target analogy. That was clever.
    Kudos to the person who called the 1-3-1 zone a gimmick, that has been figured out. That's 100% true.
    I never knew a couple negative comments about Marshall in  WVU student newspaper could ilicit such a response. Sounds like I've become the bizaro Chuck Landon.
    Keep up the good posts
    Yours Truly, Stephen Bupp

HerdFans.com

« on: January 22, 2005, 12:12:51 AM »

Offline FiTreDawG

Unfortunately
    « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 01:19:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I provoked that.  The best man of my wedding is the editor for the DA sports section.  I was talking to him about the whole Bupp thing and he (Bupp)happened to be sitting next to my friend when we were talking about it.  I made sure my friend gave him a few harsh words from me.

Offline OhYeaahMU

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 01:24:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Whatup Bupp?

Nice doin' business with ya.

Take care sucka,
    OhYeaahMU

Offline HerdNBluefield79

• Varsity
    « Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 01:32:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Glad you found some sort of humor in that loss, Stephen. Next time, you can take losing more gracefully and save the libel.

Other than that, welcome to our message board and thanks for being a good sport by posting.

BTW, I attended the George Washington game in Morgantown this year. Impressive crowd and great game: Coach Beilein is a class act.
    In the middle of Huntington, West Virginia, there is a river. Next to this river, there is a steel mill. And next to the steel mill, there's a school. In the middle of this school, there's a fountain. Each year, on the exact same day, the exact same hour, the water to this fountain is turned off. And in this moment, once every year, throughout the town, throughout the school, time stands still.

Offline ATHENSHERDFAN

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 01:50:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My original post stands, boohoo.
    HERD FAN FOREVER!

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 03:34:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your Article was written umprofessionally and CTVS let it on their site without proof reading it.

Ways your article was umprofessional:

"THAT" University

It has a name: Marshall

The people who attend that university, including the rare few who actually graduate,

Check your grad rates between the 2

with a superiority complex, the size of which can only be compared to the afro of their favorite son, Randy Moss.

Learn what a Superiority & Inferority complex is and when to use them.

Marshall entered the contest as a 2-10 team with wins over High Point and East Tennessee State. Their RPI was 264.

I'll agree with you here, we are horrid this season, but we beat you.

Meanwhile, West Virginia was having a stellar season, boasting an 11-1 record and a national ranking.

Really now, Stellar....... I have to disagree... You have wins over St. Peter's, Duquesne, LSU, Radford, St. Bonaventure, Coppin St., James Madison, New Hampshire, Geo. Washington, N.C. State and St. John's.

And a SOS of 212.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, why did you bring Marshall Football into a basketball article. Of course if you had'nt you would have had no article it took up 1/2-3/4 the artilce almost.

Offline HerdChemist89

• All American
    Re: that terrible article in the WVU newspaper after MU won
    « Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 08:49:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "WVU06"
    Dear Angry Herd Fans,
    I truly enjoyed reading the posts on this board in response to my column following the Capital Classic.  I'm still laughing about such colorful posts as... "This poor kid grew up in BFE, WV", "Wow, what a loser that guy is.", "That guy is desperate and sounds like not so smart.", "This "opinion" is so crap-tastically non-sensical.", and "Only a thick-headed rube...".
    I was especially humored by OhYeaaMU's post that took sentences from my column and said what I "really meant." Though the response that took the cake was by Olen. He wrote more than I did and even went to the touble of looking up the land percentage area of Madagascar compared to Africa. Bravo. I wish I had thought of the Wal-Mart to Target analogy. That was clever.
    Kudos to the person who called the 1-3-1 zone a gimmick, that has been figured out. That's 100% true.
    I never knew a couple negative comments about Marshall in  WVU student newspaper could ilicit such a response. Sounds like I've become the bizaro Chuck Landon.
    Keep up the good posts
    Yours Truly, Stephen Bupp

Thanks for stopping by.

Now GO AWAY.    :evil:
    "For years we realized we needed an indoor practice facility," Pastilong said. "Former Gov. Caperton was sympathetic to our needs and enabled us with the financial assistance to carry out this project."
    "We're going to monitor that car more closely," said Pastilong, who previous said the football staff had used the car for errands. "It's going to have a checkout sheet with an odometer reading and the purpose for using it."

Offline herdman

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 09:36:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Stick it up your rectum Bupp.  It is a lonely world in the armpit of the world known as morganhole, wv.

:-D

Offline tradebait

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 10:46:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ...never mind... he ain't worth it.
    Superior skill and knowledge win over fear and superstition each and every time.

Offline Olen

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 11:06:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Though the response that took the cake was by Olen. He wrote more than I did and even went to the touble of looking up the land percentage area of Madagascar compared to Africa. Bravo. I wish I had thought of the Wal-Mart to Target analogy. That was clever.

You wish you could put a cogent thought together.  That aside, the Madagascar / Africa (Marshall / WVU) analogy was ignorant because of the implied message, as I demonstrated.  Had you given the analogy some consideration, you may have concluded that another analogy was in order.  You didn't, you were called on it, and now you are trying sarcasm to deflect you embarrassment.    

You achieved your objective - you gained attention and a modicum of notoriety.  Congratulations.  Otherwise, your piece was lacking.

And despite what you may wish to think, your piece did not "anger" me, personally - "annoy" is the more appropriate label.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but everyone is not entitled to their own facts (*paraphrasing Daniel Patrick Moynihan*).  Give us the former and not the latter and you will be making progress.

Good day.

Offline murox

• Varsity
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 11:59:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dear Mr. Bupp,

Since you're obviously a journalism major and have ambitions of writing for a living once you graduate college, perhaps you should ask your professors the proper use of punctuation when using quotation marks and ellipsises.

Yours,

murox

Offline ThunderZone

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 12:03:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • W.V.U.06 said:

WOW...I guess I should be ecstatic...I must say getting a compliment from a W.V.U. fan in a debate about Marshall is a first for me...And to add to it, he admits that a valid point was made...He must really have inhaled too many couch fumes...Or he was standing too close to the burning couch and something not sold over the counter was hidden under the cushions.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 12:03:03 PM »

Offline GreenBison

He's just a Child
    « Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 12:41:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Guys he's just a child, and the quality of writing he put out there was to be expected. It's not like he has any experience at this. He's a kid sheltered by the confines of his classes and classmates.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

HerdFans.com

He's just a Child
    « Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 12:41:17 PM »