Author Topic: McHale's departure interesting...  (Read 1170 times)

Offline W0lfman

McHale's departure interesting...
« on: January 21, 2005, 08:10:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    It is not clear what McHale's responsibilities beyond coaching the offensive line will include. But he brings to a struggling FSU offense the expertise of a coordinator and line coach of one of college football's most prolific offenses. In addition to his five years at Marshall, including three as offensive coordinator, McHale coached under Bobby Bowden at West Virginia and alongside current FSU offensive coordinator Jeff Bowden at Southern Mississippi.

With Marshall in a heated recruiting battle for quarterback Wesley Beardain, Bobby Bowden had agreed to delay the announcement of McHale's hiring. But after the Charleston (W.Va.) Daily Mail published that McHale reportedly accepted the FSU job, an announcement from FSU seems imminent.

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/news/local/10695542.htm

HerdFans.com

« on: January 21, 2005, 08:10:21 AM »

Offline marcbuff

ok
    « Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 09:15:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If his departure hurts our recruiting and we lose the QB , its one reason more for me to despise Booby Bowdown. Wonder when Coach will address any new coaching news with MU?

Offline M.U.Titan

• Rookie
    « Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 12:03:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sounds to me like the Daily Mail should be your focus of hatred, if we lose this recruit.

Offline Herd48

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 02:10:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with M.U.Titan. Daily news seemed to let the cat out of the bag.
      Looking back on the season, I almost think that McHale was not into being at Marshall last season. The significant change in the ol performance was not the only thing that makes me think this. their attitude seemed nonchalant(overall) There were a couple that seemed serious about themselves. But generally speaking  the he lack of conditioning I blame on McHale totally. Most of the line were not invested. Well as I posted earlier on Herdnation, that seems to have changed. Thanks goes out to Jenkins for bringing about an attitude over haul. We will see what effect it will have.

Offline marcbuff

ok
    « Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 02:19:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 48, Who do you see the Coach bringing in as a replacement?

Offline Thunders

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 11:53:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we lose the QB because of this I will be pissed!   Sounds right since I can see them trying to wait till the guy signs so he won't leave if he found out but looks like they are trying to screw us.   :-o
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 11:53:31 AM »