Author Topic: The Plot Thickens: Marshall-VT moved to Sat. October 8  (Read 1164 times)

Offline WVdave

• Rookie
The Plot Thickens: Marshall-VT moved to Sat. October 8
« on: January 20, 2005, 08:36:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    1/20/2005

MARSHALL AT VIRGINIA TECH FOOTBALL GAME DATE CHANGED

The Marshall University at Virginia Tech football game origionally scheduled for September has been moved to Saturday, October 8th, Virginia Tech and the Atlantic Coast Conference announced today.

Please make that change on you schedules.  The date change was made to accomodate the ACC and Virginia Tech.

HerdFans.com

« on: January 20, 2005, 08:36:51 PM »

Offline Marco

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 08:55:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • that could mean the wvu deal is done........as in not happening or maybe it helps it happen.

I know Kayo spoke like the tech game had to move to make wvu happen.  if that's the case, tech moved for TV as he eluded to and I'd say wvu 05 is over.

but I suppose, kayo could be holding his hand tight and this just gives us more room to squeeze an early game in with wvu........

but my gut says, this is what he was saying on 1240 am and the move means Tech MU is on espn and we can't/won't move Tech to another year which means no wvwho............

but, who knows maybe it means we've got more room for rest early and we drop jmu to go up there......but that also means wvu has agreed to a return and I don't know if Joe has been in long enough for them to fully understand that that's the deal

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 08:59:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    The date change was made to accomodate the ACC and Virginia Tech.
    With this quote it doesnt sound like we had anything to do with the move.  It sounds like we agreed to the move to accomodate the ACC and VT not VT and the ACC accomodating us to get wvu or anyone else on the schedule.  At least thats what I get out of it.

The Plot Thickens:
    This is definately an interesting quote from Dave, tho.  Especially, if you consider the quote below from Vingle's article today.

It appears if the teams wish to get this done, they would have to play early in October.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 10:27:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am one HERD fan that would like to see a long term revolving series agreed upon! The biggest winner of all if this game is played would be the entire state of West Virginia!
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline Mako

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 11:26:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff, I've been saying that for a long time.  There are a lot of fans of both schools that live out of state and when they come to a game, they spend money on hotels, food, gas, etc.  It provides a nice boost to the local economy and certainly more than if USPAM plays UTC or Marshall with W&M.   And, with any sell out comes the obvious increase in sales of gear, sodas, popcorn, hotdogs, etc, etc, etc at the game.  Despite all of the good things that would happen, I'll stick to my guns and say we should never sign a deal with USPAM unless it includes return trips to Huntington.
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

HerdFans.com

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 11:26:28 PM »