Author Topic: Randy Moss...  (Read 1787 times)

Offline ATHENSHERDFAN

Randy Moss...
« on: January 20, 2005, 06:19:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ESPN radio said that rumors are Moss is done in Minnesota, if so where does anyone think he will land and where do you hope he will land?
    I think it will be the Jets or Raiders.
    I hope Miami!
    HERD FAN FOREVER!

HerdFans.com

Randy Moss...
    « on: January 20, 2005, 06:19:53 PM »

Offline HerdHead

Randy Moss.....
    « Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 06:46:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Which team could afford his $7.25mill hit to the salary cap?  Plus, they'd have to pay him $8.25 million in '06, $9.75 million in '07 and $11.25 million in '08. .  Additionally, the Vikes would have a $7 mill hit in "dead money" on their cap next year.  

A team could draft a first-round receiver and pay him a lot less money.  I know he wouldn't be as talented as Randy, but he would be much less expensive, and in the day of salary cap, it is very critical teams watch what they do.  This isn't MLB and the Yankees who can acquire anyone they want.

Plus, if the Vikes, who know what kind of enormous talent he has, are willing to take the $7 mill dead money hit, doesn't that give you a hint as to what kind of teammate and locker room presence he currently is?

Online W0lfman

Randy Moss...
    « Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 07:22:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wouldnt mind if he ended up in Jacksonville or NY.  He could really help Pennington stretch the field and give him the big tall receiver they need.  However, if he played with Leftwich those two would probably be the most dangerous QB/WR combo in the NFL.  Leftwich's gun airing it out to a streaking Moss would be unbelievable.

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 12/2009
    Re: Randy Moss.....
    « Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 07:32:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "HerdHead"
    Which team could afford his $7.25mill hit to the salary cap?  
     Cleveland . . . and Lord knows we could use a spark.  My Brownies are going to have to find someone like Randy who can find an open spot on the field faster than a defensive lineman saunters through our offensive line and mauls our qb (whoever that may be).

But, really, fellow Browns fans, can you imagine an offense with Winslow and Moss on the same team?

Wow!

Offline ATHENSHERDFAN

Randy Moss...
    « Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 07:50:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wouldn't mind seing him in Jacksonville, that would definitly be a serious combo, better than him and Culpepper. As far as salary cap issue's, if the Vike's were to be serious, I believe several teams would make it work. Back to my phins, Ricky williams contract was for over 8 mil. not sure when they would be free from it. I'am sure it would have counted this past season, but after that?
    HERD FAN FOREVER!

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 07:58:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Thundering Lydia"
    Quote from: "HerdHead"
    Which team could afford his $7.25mill hit to the salary cap?  
     Cleveland . . . and Lord knows we could use a spark.  My Brownies are going to have to find someone like Randy who can find an open spot on the field faster than a defensive lineman saunters through our offensive line and mauls our qb (whoever that may be).

But, really, fellow Browns fans, can you imagine an offense with Winslow and Moss on the same team?

Wow!

And who's gonna throw to him......Sorry but the Browns have no QB.

Offline Thunders

Randy Moss...
    « Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 12:59:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Browns are my team also but don't see that happening.  True, we have no QB to get the ball to him unless we try and go out and get Brees or something.  I really don't think he is going anywhere though.  The owner of the Vikes was just defending Randy and wanted Fox to pull Joe Buck from the playoffs for saying what he said about Randy.   I doubt he would do that if he didn't want Randy back.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline marshall fanatic

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    Randy Moss...
    « Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 08:26:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I say the jets will go after him. Considering that Abrahams is a free agent and so is Chrebet.  Randy would still have the option to restructure is contract also. Chad could also restructure his contract to allow the extra money.

Offline bigwormy

Randy Moss...
    « Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 09:07:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • fox sports said the rumor around the league had moss going to oakland for  buchanon and their first round draft pick(#7)..
    if you want more oil at a cheaper price vote republican. if you want the same amount of oil in current supply at a higher price, vote democrat and for a windfall profit tax!

Offline Thundering Lydia

• All American
    • GKI Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 12:27:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "HerdZone"

And who's gonna throw to him......Sorry but the Browns have no QB.

It's not that the Browns haven't had a QB for the past several years.  The problem is that the Browns have had NO offensive line, which (even if you had Joe Montana and Peyton Manning on your roster) makes it seem as though you have no QB.

Offline dixie10

• Junior Varsity
    Randy Moss...
    « Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • can Moss's contract be reworked to allow room under the salary cap?  How does all that work?

Offline Mako

Randy Moss...
    « Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 06:49:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here is the simplest explanation of the NFL salary cap that I've been able to find:

"Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

HerdFans.com

Randy Moss...
    « Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 06:49:04 PM »

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
    • Member Since 02/2009
    Randy Moss...
    « Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 08:45:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As a lifelong Vikings fan, I really don't want to lose him, but it might be the best thing for us. If we can sign a good FA WR and draft another one with good size and speed, then we should get rid of him. Especially if we can get Buchanon from the Raiders and a draft pick. Plus having him go out west is the best thing, because we rarely play the Raiders in the regular season.

I have defended him for a long time, but even I am getting fed up with his mouth and his lack of becoming a team player. If we can get rid of him, sign a good FA WR, and get Buchanon, ship him to Al Davis and Norv Turner.
    GO HERD!!!

HerdFans.com

Randy Moss...
    « Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 08:45:57 PM »