Author Topic: Coaching changes - -  (Read 960 times)

Online 2xBison

Coaching changes - -
« on: April 28, 2005, 08:02:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So we know Purnsley, Nunez, Jenkins, Coutras and Gale are out.  Gale is at least off the field anyway.

Didn't Snyder say he would make an announcement the end of this week when all changes are done?  we should hear today or tomorrow to meet that goal.

We have the two QC guys coming from OSU to take wr and rb, Shannon Morrison coming back to coach either LBs or Secondary and we either have Durning or another Snyder guy coming back as strength coach.

A good source (same source told me about the above changes the day before they began to leak) tells me Darlington and Miles are here.  Collins and Wilt are in limbo, they have been asked to stay but still need to decide if they want to stay.  I'd guess they need to decide pretty quickly as the end of the week is upon us.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

Coaching changes - -
    « on: April 28, 2005, 08:02:11 AM »

Offline RIVER HERD

• Junior Varsity
    Coaching changes - -
    « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 09:42:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's been real and it's been fun. But clean em out and lets get going,
    Nothing wrong with some change. The new coaches might be a litttle bit hungry, and pass it off to the team.

Offline HerdHead

Coaching changes - -
    « Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 09:53:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On Tuesday, during the radio interview with Weekley and Vingle, Coach Snyder said he would have a press conference "on Thursday or Friday" to announce the new, complete staff.  He felt it was unfair to make any comment whatsover as to who has been asked to stay and who has been asked to leave.  He had "no comment" on Chuck's column.  

As DA earlier reported, Coach said a skeleton staff would be on the recruiting trail, while most of the staff would stay on campus during finals week prior to heading out on the recruiting trail, full-scale, the following week.

Offline W0lfman

Coaching changes - -
    « Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 09:54:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm all for bringing in the coaches Snyder think is best for the job.  But we have to remember guys like Purnsley and Nunez have been a part of the Herd family for a long time and if changes are made its their livlihoods.  If these guys depart I would hope they live with a good feeling about the time they spent in Huntington as coaches at MU under Bob Pruett.  And noone can argue they were part of some glorious years of MU football.  I wish the best of luck to all of 'em.

Offline marcbuff

but
    « Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 10:20:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • we need Collins for Florida recruiting

Offline Chevy1

Coaching changes - -
    « Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 09:03:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "W0lfman"
    I'm all for bringing in the coaches Snyder think is best for the job.  But we have to remember guys like Purnsley and Nunez have been a part of the Herd family for a long time and if changes are made its their livlihoods.  If these guys depart I would hope they live with a good feeling about the time they spent in Huntington as coaches at MU under Bob Pruett.  And noone can argue they were part of some glorious years of MU football.  I wish the best of luck to all of 'em.

Great Post Wolf.  I had the same thoughts as I read some of the comments above.  These gentlemen did their best here, and Marshall enjoyed great success during their tenure.  It's just as tough on a coach to lose a job as it is any of us.  I certainly wish them good luck.
    "The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

HerdFans.com

Coaching changes - -
    « Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 09:03:41 PM »