Author Topic: I hope some of the simple minds have it figured now  (Read 2774 times)

Online 2xBison

I hope some of the simple minds have it figured now
« on: November 11, 2006, 04:14:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • we really missed BM.  we needed his legs.  when you add up JS arm, our wrs, and our o line it spells no running for Bradshaw.

we all saw this last year as well. some, with their bias to morris, never wanted to see it.  it's always been there, that's why the coaches make the decisions they do.  fans in general are, well, not very smart.

I think jimmy threw o.k, although he make some bad throws and certainly tried for a few other picks.  but, they knew he couldn't beat them with his arm (ala Leftwich), they took away bradshaw and let him make some throws.

until our offense as a whole gets better, we need BM.

the game today made Snyder's quote the other day really hit home.  i'll go ahead and let one of them go now (there were more), since we're playing for 07 now.  "i hope BM is ready to go, for all of our sake"....

there was another tid bit about JS starting and finishing some of the morons would be shocked to have heard.

lastly, the officials screwed us, I think JS could have done well enough to win, we just couldn't over come the bad calls.  oh well, at least i hope it was enough for some of our fans to wake up and pull their heads out of their (@/:;.

a couple of home wins against the likes of memphis and tulane's D does not an offense or good qb make.

:lol:
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« on: November 11, 2006, 04:14:05 PM »

Offline catbird70

• All American
    Re: I hope some of the simple minds have it figured now
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 04:21:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "2xBison"
    we really missed BM.  we needed his legs.  when you add up JS arm, our wrs, and our o line it spells no running for Bradshaw.

we all saw this last year as well. some, with their bias to morris, never wanted to see it.  it's always been there, that's why the coaches make the decisions they do.  fans in general are, well, not very smart.

I think jimmy threw o.k, although he make some bad throws and certainly tried for a few other picks.  but, they knew he couldn't beat them with his arm (ala Leftwich), they took away bradshaw and let him make some throws.

until our offense as a whole gets better, we need BM.

the game today made Snyder's quote the other day really hit home.  i'll go ahead and let one of them go now (there were more), since we're playing for 07 now.  "i hope BM is ready to go, for all of our sake"....

there was another tid bit about JS starting and finishing some of the morons would be shocked to have heard.

lastly, the officials screwed us, I think JS could have done well enough to win, we just couldn't over come the bad calls.  oh well, at least i hope it was enough for some of our fans to wake up and pull their heads out of their (@/:;.

a couple of home wins against the likes of memphis and tulane's D does not an offense or good qb make.

:lol:

Bison.....dont even start.....its not the QBs fault that Bradshaw only got 10 touches.....and 10 touches is not enough....

The QB play has been just fine......for weeks now...wiht both QBs in...dont stur up controversy.....

Also, stop verbally assaulting board members.....verbal attacks are what makes the board distasteful.

Ive stopped complaining about players for weeks now.....and I will be hoping everyone else sticks to the same standards....if you want to cheer a player fine....but no more talking players down or insulting board members...

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 04:30:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope my multiple sources are correct about Collins and Kueck.
    I've seen enough................

It's just time.

Offline YAKS

• Junior Varsity
    • GKI Member Since 03/2009
    « Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 04:33:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I still don't think the simple minds have figured it out yet.

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 04:35:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "YAKS"
    I still don't think the simple minds have figured it out yet.
     I have.....10 touches for Bradshaw isnt enough to win any game this season....Bradshaw is awesome.....but how do we know they can stop him if he only gets 10 touches?

Offline thomgreen

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 04:37:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Catbird, I AM WITH YOU.  Let's stop the blame game and asking for coaches and players heads.  We need two in a row and we're into postseason.  I'm not giving up on the team or anyone on it now.

Offline YAKS

• Junior Varsity
    • GKI Member Since 03/2009
    « Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 04:38:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I still don't think they have figured it out.

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 04:39:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "thomgreen"
    Catbird, I AM WITH YOU.  Let's stop the blame game and asking for coaches and players heads.  We need two in a row and we're into postseason.  I'm not giving up on the team or anyone on it now.

I agree!!!  Lets keep it together folks.  Im sorry Bradshaw didnt get enough touches but weve got to press ahead!

Offline gibbyherd

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 04:47:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i might be wrong but 6-6 with a win against hofsta is not postseason ...i dont think that win counts for bowl consideration...just checking thats what i heard

Offline Olen

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 04:50:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "gibbyherd"
    i might be wrong but 6-6 with a win against hofsta is not postseason ...i dont think that win counts for bowl consideration...just checking thats what i heard

All wins versus Div. I competition count towards bowl eligibility.  Also, remember, starting in Dec., Div. I no longer has the 1-A / 1-AA classification system.

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 05:21:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I hope my multiple sources are correct about Collins and Kueck.
    I've seen enough................

It's just time.

got to agree with you

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 05:25:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know if I have a "simple" mind or not but we can't put this one on JS.  

1.  Remember we have them 3rd and more than 15 on several plays and they converted.  That can't happen and we still expect to win.

2.  Most of the time when you have multiple turnovers and a blocked punt deep in your own territory you lose.

3.  We had some good catches but we also had several drops on key plays.

4.  I don't think we came out ready to play.  They clearly had more intensity to start the game.

5.  It was not causal but the officiating was contributing.  It was absolutely awful.

Last week we won as a team.  This week we lost as a team.  It is that simple.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2006, 05:25:34 PM »

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    « Reply #12 on: November 11, 2006, 05:30:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jimmy Skinner himself knows and says that Bernie Morris is rightfully the starter. Skinner was very fortunate not to have had 6 to 8 passes intercepted today.

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 05:33:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "FLORIDA HERD FAN"
    Jimmy Skinner himself knows and says that Bernie Morris is rightfully the starter. Skinner was very fortunate not to have had 6 to 8 passes intercepted today.

6-8?  Wow...where does that come from?

SKinner is a team player and supports what his boss (the coach says).

Online 2xBison

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2006, 05:45:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • hey catshit

the reason he only got 10 touches is because they took away the run.  they knew that we couldn't beat them with JS and his arm alone.

is it sinking in yet?
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #15 on: November 11, 2006, 05:50:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    hey catshit

the reason he only got 10 touches is because they took away the run.  they knew that we couldn't beat them with JS and his arm alone.

is it sinking in yet?

You know what....I hope a mod shoots you an email soon with a warning.......you are way out of line....people llike you are the reason this board sucks sometimes.....nice class......attack the board members...that really builds a strong chat board......

If they took away the run then Bradshaw would have gotten stuffed the whole game....but he didnt even get to play much the whole game because after 2 fummbles the coaches opted not to give him the ball.....

This loss was not skinners fault..and quite frankly I would have continued to have faith in my big time RB even after two fumbles......but what do I know.....im not a coach...and neither are you....

Online 2xBison

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 05:53:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • you know what, maybe you are right.  i feel really bad about that comment now.

i know me and several others have talked on numerous occaisions about how much you add to things around here. :shock:   we always talk about how much better this board became after you, ryno, mutosu, fullboat etc showed up.

oh god, wolf, blade, dj, zach, photo, huff.....please don't send me warning email.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 05:55:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    you know what, maybe you are right.  i feel really bad about that comment now.

i know me and several others have talked on numerous occaisions about how much you add to things around here. :shock:   we always talk about how much better this board became after you, ryno, mutosu, fullboat etc showed up.

oh god, wolf, blade, dj, zach, photo, huff.....please don't send me warning email.

its not about me.....but just stop attacking people it doesnt help the board.

Online 2xBison

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2006, 05:58:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • whatever

if you figure out why he got 10 touches, i'll be happy
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 06:08:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    whatever

if you figure out why he got 10 touches, i'll be happy

Weve all figured it out.....he was fumbling the ball....

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 06:08:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

nice.....

Offline HerdMan05

• Rookie
    « Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 07:38:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • catbird70:  your tune has sure changed.  I was expecting to see you calling for coaches heads to roll or start singling out specific players for today's performance.  Suprisingly, you did not. Thanks!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 07:38:25 PM »

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 08:36:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "HerdMan05"
    catbird70:  your tune has sure changed.  I was expecting to see you calling for coaches heads to roll or start singling out specific players for today's performance.  Suprisingly, you did not. Thanks!

I can do that if you want  :lol:   JK

Offline PhattyB

• All American
    Re: I hope some of the simple minds have it figured now
    « Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 08:48:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    since we're playing for 07 now.

Not quite..  we can win our final two and be bowl eligible.  It will be tough, but not impossible.
    Chris Smith, Chris Smith! He's our man, if he can't do it, Mark Cann!

Offline herdman

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 09:34:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was at the game I think Jimmy played well enough for us to win.  We just couldn't run the ball and I don't know if Morris would have played if it would have made a difference or not. You can't get a punt blocked and fumble twice in the first half(in your own territory) and win.  We also got whipped on the line of scrimmage.

Jimmy played pretty well I thought.  Take away the turnovers(the early ones) and we are right there in it.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 09:34:14 PM »