Author Topic: Meeting after the press conference  (Read 571 times)

Offline Always THE HERD

Meeting after the press conference
« on: April 03, 2024, 03:48:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Were any of you at the meeting "after" the press conference? I would like to know what questions and answers were given.

HerdFans.com

Meeting after the press conference
    « on: April 03, 2024, 03:48:09 PM »

Offline jdonaccbus

Re: Meeting after the press conference
    « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 05:42:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I live out-of-state so I don't know.

But Paul Swann had some interviews after the press conference and I liked what I heard:

Corny talked about how he & Greg White texted about 52 times before 8AM. I like that. Say what you want about Greg, but he had a good feel for some things here. And I think Greg can give Corny some good insight.

The major changes are (1) to add better talent to the roster to compliment OAK and Martin; he said that specifically and (2) change the way we play man defense (which there is no question that is a strategy that had to change).

He said that they had an older transfer in last week for a visit. That is good to get one in this early.

Corny said he spoke to each returning player individually. He said he didn't say much but was rather a listener to the players and making sure they are okay.

Martin and OAK were interviewed. Martin was extremely complimentary of Corny.....said he was the guy that worked on getting him here. Martin said he thought Corny "would bring more upbeat energy to the team". Martin said he was glad they were changing defensive philosophies. He said he did not like him getting switched onto guards. I actually thought Martin was very candid. OAK had good things to say. They both noted that Corny told them he was going to get them better talent around them.

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 05:49:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

But Paul Swann had some interviews after the press conference and I liked what I heard:

Corny talked about how he & Greg White texted about 52 times before 8AM. I like that. Say what you want about Greg, but he had a good feel for some things here. And I think Greg can give Corny some good insight.

The major changes are (1) to add better talent to the roster to compliment OAK and Martin; he said that specifically and (2) change the way we play man defense (which there is no question that is a strategy that had to change).

He said that they had an older transfer in last week for a visit. That is good to get one in this early.

Corny said he spoke to each returning player individually. He said he didn't say much but was rather a listener to the players and making sure they are okay.

Martin and OAK were interviewed. Martin was extremely complimentary of Corny.....said he was the guy that worked on getting him here. Martin said he thought Corny "would bring more upbeat energy to the team". Martin said he was glad they were changing defensive philosophies. He said he did not like him getting switched onto guards. I actually thought Martin was very candid. OAK had good things to say. They both noted that Corny told them he was going to get them better talent around them.

Interesting

Offline elginherd

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 05:55:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I'm happy to hear about Coach Jackson changing the man defense.
    There are matchups and/or game situations where switching everything the best tactic, but to employ it almost exclusively is malpractice.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 06:00:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was asked about assistant coaches. He didn't say Taylor was taking his spot.

He said his phone has been lighting up about being an assistant coach on his staff. So it sounded like he was going to look around.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, Always THE HERD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 06:00:27 PM »