Author Topic: MU's Smith says national search wasn't needed for D'Antoni's replacement  (Read 1182 times)

Offline herdly4

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This was all politics.   If Marshall was a big institution awash with money, then BS and CS could have done a national search for DD's replacement, but when every nickel counts, you end up with what we have here.  It is not optimum, but until CJ proves he's not capable of doing the job, I will support him.  Now BS and CS are having to go out to the media and put a good face on it, when we all know how it probably went down.

It is all about money. WVU just paid their coach a 2 million dollar salary and CJ is getting 350,000. Marshall doesn?t always have permission to do the right thing.

The following users thanked this post: wlf

HerdFans.com

Offline herdfan129

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The fact DD waived his buyout is pretty impressive imo. I will give him props and respect for doing that.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: wlf

Offline marshallmark

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The fact DD waived his buyout is pretty impressive imo. I will give him props and respect for doing that.

Did he waive it?  If the reports that DD signed 3 - one year contracts last year, then he wouldn't be entitled to a buyout.  We'll probably never know.
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: GreenSteve, herdfan129

Offline MUfan08

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Dan did not have a buyout to begin with.

https://x.com/LukeCreasy/status/1774874699358462089?s=20

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan, herdfan129

Offline MicDrass1

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Will CJ Ws & Ls count on DD record since he picked HC?

Offline wlf

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm a lot more enthused now than before.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline coalherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Next big question regarding our new HC, other than recruiting, will be scheduling, IMO.  Will Corney seek some different OOC teams that Danny wouldn?t touch?  Will Cline, if still on the staff, do a lot of, or bulk of, the scheduling? Or will Jackson be more personally involved?
    « Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 12:34:06 AM by coalherd »

Offline Always THE HERD

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Next big question regarding our new HC, other than recruiting, will be scheduling, IMO.  Will Corney seek some different OOC teams that Danny wouldn?t touch?  Will Cline, if still on the staff, do a lot of, or bulk of, the scheduling? Or will Jackson be more personally involved?
    Good questions. Certainly need better home OOC home schedule. Need some televised "money games" Hope someone asks those type questions at the news conference!!!!!!!!!

HerdFans.com