Author Topic: Marshall Football: 2024 Pre-Spring Press Conference  (Read 418 times)

Offline GoHerd35

Marshall Football: 2024 Pre-Spring Press Conference
« on: March 25, 2024, 04:44:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, elginherd

HerdFans.com

Marshall Football: 2024 Pre-Spring Press Conference
    « on: March 25, 2024, 04:44:43 PM »

Offline HerdEcon

Re: Marshall Football: 2024 Pre-Spring Press Conference
    « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 12:44:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm looking forward to spring football.  New season, new energy.  I would have liked to heard more about the offense.  I had a couple of things going on while listening to this so maybe I missed some things.  I didn't hearing anything about the RB room now that Ali and Turner are gone.  I would have liked to hear more about our WR room since we are going air raid.  I realize we have a lot of new players coming in that the coaching staff haven't seen in person, but they recruited them so they should know what skills or attributes the player has that caused the coaches to spend a scholarship. 

Semore said the defense is going to be different this season which caught me a bit off guard.  Because I could only halfway listening I'm not sure how.  We have been playing an exciting brand of defense, I hope we continue to bring the heat and play with excitement. 

No use for Galante to waste time at the press conferences until he can tell us that we have a kicker that is going to boot 50 yard field goals consistently and our puter is going to average 48+ yard punts with a 5.0+ second hang time.  Good effort Galante, pick-up your participation trophy.  Give Glante's press time to Doege and Semore.  On a more serious note, hats off to the return team for their performance last season, good work there.

Offline parshall2marshall

You know who you were
    « Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 01:25:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff mentions his actions of the past - trying to win every game (good) and trying to run up the score (bad). He mentioned the possibility of fisticuffs with the FIU coach over the latter. Serious stuff. He implies his mistake and growth as a HC.

We had one of the normally more insightful and accurate posters on here go absolutely INSANE in his defense of that admitted classless act by Huff. At first the poster even implied that a 3 TD lead in the final 2 minutes might no be enough to justify going over the top to run up the score.

The actions and statements of any one person on the Board do not draw much significance but I could not help but note all the mindless "Thanks" and the pelting of "Smites" I got for defending the class of my alma mater. Now, many of these same people want to "put Huff out" (as one way of saying it). I feel that there is alot going on behind the scenes that Huff has no control over. Has he obviously made mistakes ? Yes, I believe so. But he has put together one of the most talented transfer lists and has totally revamped his staff. To me, football season prospects look bright for 2024.

I just wish Huff's technical and program management insights would have translated by now to more on-field success. But the guy has obviously had his blunders and weaknesses. But I remain in Huff's corner as I always have, after his cringeworthy statements to the press have been officially ignored by Marshall brass.
    « Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 01:45:17 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline elginherd

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 02:12:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe I'm wrong about this, but installing an Air Raid offense seems to take more than a season to develop the culture to be successful with it.

I hope that I'm wrong.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline whf

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 03:29:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really appreciated his candor and approach in this video, best since he arrived at MU. And Doege was impressive with all he said, so well spoken and comments from the heart. 

As for the Air Raid attack, I don't think Huff is letting Doege just bring it, I think he decided to move to it and went out to get Doege to come here to run it.

He has seen enough of the SBC to know that quick and speedy is the way to win.  I think he came her to prove his style would be a winner in the SBC, but soon learned he was wrong.  There are plenty of "stout" teams defensively in the league, speed is needed to beat them.  And I think we will, beginning this year.

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 04:15:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When we made the move from the Southern Conference to the MAC one of the things I remember was the MAC coaches and players talking about our speed and how difficult that was for them.  Speed on both offense and defense.  With the exception of Ali and Laborn our offense has looked slow in recent years, slow WRs and OL. 

If Huff is going to run the air raid offense he is going to need some speed.  More speed than our WR had last season and our OL can't get beat outside like it did at Troy. 

Offline MUonium

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 05:35:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • is this the youngest overall coaching staff we've seen in a while?  hope they all exceed realistic expectations and put together a nice youthful-energy surprise.  new coaches, new schemes, 40ish new players, lots of potential emerging 11 on both sides of the ball

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 05:35:18 PM »