Author Topic: Marshall WBB vs Virginia Tech NCAA Round One Game Thread (3/22 - 3:30PM)  (Read 1076 times)

Offline GoHerd35

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

Offline wesnky

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On time or running late

Offline miltonherdfan

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On time or running late

i believe it's the 1st game of the day @ VT, so shouldn't be anything keeping it from starting on time

Offline wasbarryb

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• i believe it's the 1st game of the day @ VT, so shouldn't be anything keeping it from starting on time

Except ESPN.  They are running late.

Offline jdonaccbus

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is any one outside of Huntington having difficulty picking up the stream of the game on radio feed?

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ban black uniforms forever.

Offline HaveUherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nice way to end the quarter

Offline MUonium

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is any one outside of Huntington having difficulty picking up the stream of the game on radio feed?

FWIW, WMUL is the first radio stream i looked at https://listen.streamon.fm/wfghhd5

Herd down by 6 at start of 2nd qtr in low scoring affair

Offline MUther

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FWIW, WMUL is the first radio stream i looked at https://listen.streamon.fm/wfghhd5

Herd down by 6 at start of 2nd qtr in low scoring affair

That's good for us.  We score exponentially later in games and they aren't generating many points.

The following users thanked this post: MUonium

Offline GreenDaddy

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Whistles piling up on us. We aren't getting any favors driving to the basket on the offensive end. We are going to have to heat up from outside to stay in it.

The following users thanked this post: MUonium

Offline greenanwhite

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 08/2013
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • VPI had 1 foul the entire quarter

Offline Herd72

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can't shoot any worse in the second half than we did in the first. ACC officials are sticking it to us again though.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

HerdFans.com

Offline MidlandKnight

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Whistles piling up on us. We aren't getting any favors driving to the basket on the offensive end. We are going to have to heat up from outside to stay in it.

Height is a huge problem, but the whistles are not going to let us back in, if we do make a come back. Too many non-call when contact on our end, but whistles are blowing on the other end.

Offline jdonaccbus

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The officiating is horrible. How was that not a foul on that drive near the end of the half?

I know it is not her style, but Kim may need to get a technical early in this half. The inconsistency on the contact calls is ridiculous.

Offline herdloyal

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have stop going into the paint which is open almost every time from the foul line. Losing the open man is just mind boggling. We played team with height no excuses.

Offline HaveUherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh well. We still beat their %#$& in football

Offline jdonaccbus

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unfortunately this is over. They can't miss in their own gym. We haven't been able to hit any thing.

I hope this doesn't become a total run-away.

Offline svherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Been a great season, well beyond anyone's expectations. Gives Kim some ideas on what we need to do to move forward. Great year, gals, well done!

Hoping to add some height and gonna be tough to replace Beemon and Campbell

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, jdonaccbus, HerdEcon, horsrman, thelonderee, MUonium

Offline 2xBison

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Long way to go.  Soccer or bust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, HerdEcon, MicDrass1, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline MidlandKnight

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is no doubt VT is the better team. With that being said we picked the wrong time of the year to start going cold from the 3 line, and the way this game has been called has not helped matters.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, ironcheftvdinner

Online Flat Tire 2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Been a great season, well beyond anyone's expectations. Gives Kim some ideas on what we need to do to move forward. Great year, gals, well done!

Hoping to add some height and gonna be tough to replace Beemon and Campbell

We went into a tough situation playing a high seeded team on their home court. I thought the odds would be against us. We have a great coach who won the conference championship in her first year. We still accomplished a lot this year and I think the future looks bright.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, HerdEcon, miltonherdfan, luckytoes99, MidlandKnight

Online MicDrass1

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Better players.  Herd dominates SBC but it doesn?t prepare you for teams like this. 

HerdFans.com

Offline jdonaccbus

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's be real. First, this is a program that was in the Final 4 last season barely losing to LSU. Secondly, their bigs are skilled beyond what we are used to seeing. Sun Belt bigs are no where near this skilled in basketball skills and IQ. We are stone cold today.

Kim did great in year one. She needs some recruiting cycles. Next year will probably be a rebuild, but she may get some good transfers and JUCOs.

I live in Maryland and have seen Maryland women host many a first 2 rounds. Then go on a neutral floor in Sweet 16 and immediately lose.
    « Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 05:23:55 PM by jdonaccbus »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, MUonium, GreenDaddy

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Embarrassing. I can't get interested in women's basketball, anyway.

Offline diamante

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Embarrassing. I can't get interested in women's basketball, anyway.
    Then why did you bother to comment?

HerdFans.com