Author Topic: Recruit  (Read 1170 times)

Offline scope58

Recruit
« on: March 19, 2024, 05:35:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just wanted to congratulate Dan Dantoni on giving another bad division 2 player a scholarship.This is getting to be a joke. Only most people aren?t laughing. I?ve never seen more laziness in my whole life. Program has already tanked.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

Recruit
    « on: March 19, 2024, 05:35:11 PM »

Online whf

Re: Recruit
    « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 06:09:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just wanted to congratulate Dan Dantoni on giving another bad division 2 player a scholarship.This is getting to be a joke. Only most people aren?t laughing. I?ve never seen more laziness in my whole life. Program has already tanked.
    Nothing like building up the kids on our team.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2024, 06:19:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nothing like building up the kids on our team.

A college athlete should not need built up.  He should have confidence.  Not the players fault Dan is giving out free money like a lottery.  99% of guys would take the free scholly..

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, forphase1, scope58, herdorbust2

Offline muherd34

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 07:36:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Although I disagree with calling out athletes on a message board?.this is where we are at with college athletics.  If they want paid like a professional athlete, they will be treated as such.  Loyalty is dead and at the end of the day, if a player doesn?t produce then they need to be replaced.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, forphase1, mr_ash_1995, DC01HERD, parshall2marshall, svherd, herdorbust2

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024, 07:38:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan has made the basketball program a clown show.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, miltonherdfan, Herdalum94, herdorbust2

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 08:56:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think most people who saw this young man play last season could see that he is not a D1 talent.  With the team coming off of a 20 loss season, we need to maximize the value of every scholarship.  He's probably a good person and teammate, but that doesn't mean you give him a scholarship. 
    « Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 10:55:58 AM by Rockin Herd Fan »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 03:05:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who are we talking about?

TRS
    MU71

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2024, 03:08:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who are we talking about?

TRS
    MU71

Pruett.  Apparently he's moved to scholarship from walk-on.
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #8 on: March 20, 2024, 03:33:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pruett.  Apparently he's moved to scholarship from walk-on.

Yep but it's not his fault

Would any of us say no to a D1 scholarship?

Of course not

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2024, 06:03:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, I hope he makes the big jump from his freshman year to his sophomore year. Per ESPN he listed as a guard and he had 23.3% FG and 24% 3PT.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/5176561/kycen-pruett

Online MUfan08

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2024, 06:20:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, I hope he makes the big jump from his freshman year to his sophomore year. Per ESPN he listed as a guard and he had 23.3% FG and 24% 3PT.

Has Devin Collins written all over it who was a walk-on and then went on scholarship. Then he ended up at UPike....

Sure Kycn is a good kid, but doubt he would be here let alone on scholarship now if he wasn't related to Bob Pruett.

Online whf

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2024, 06:55:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Has Devin Collins written all over it who was a walk-on and then went on scholarship. Then he ended up at UPike....

Sure Kycn is a good kid, but doubt he would be here let alone on scholarship now if he wasn't related to Bob Pruett.
    He is Pruett's nephew's son, a long distance relationship for sure. 

He is here because his dad played at MU; not because of Bobby Pruett.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2024, 06:55:50 PM »

Online MUfan08

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2024, 06:59:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He is Pruett's nephew's son, a long distance relationship for sure. 

He is here because his dad played at MU; not because of Bobby Pruett.

Whatever the nepotism relationship is, he isn't a D1 basketball player.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2024, 07:53:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

With 10 shots that bricked off the side of the backboard.  Poor stats

Online whf

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2024, 08:40:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Whatever the nepotism relationship is, he isn't a D1 basketball player.
    Guess we're going to get a chance to see.

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2024, 08:57:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just curious how many of the posters played basketball while they were in junior high (or middle school for the young pups on this board) or  high school?
    Does anyone remember their coach playing a kid who was not the best ballplayer? It happens, coaches do play favorites at that level.

Usually it stops at the college level, but we do have a coach (Dan) who's coaching level background level is at the high school level.

The whole thing seem almost incestuous, people taking care of each other on Marshall's money.
    « Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 10:09:05 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2024, 09:35:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like Bob Pruett more than current Herd bb program

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline MUther

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2024, 04:55:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just curious how many of the posters played basketball while they were in junior high (or middle school for the young pups on this board) or  high school?
    Does anyone remember their coach playing a kid who was not the best ballplayer? It happens, coaches do play favorites at that level.

Usually it stops at the college level, but we do have a coach (Dan) who's coaching level background level is at the high school level.

Yeah like whichever of his model citizens kissed his a$$ the most that week.
    « Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 07:58:21 AM by MUther »

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2024, 07:22:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Pruett would have had a hard time seeing the floor at my high school. I went to the same high school as Chris Gray. He played at Marshall from 94-98. Gray was a decent player at Marshall. Mind boggling this guy is getting a scholarship.

Braun, Nutter and Pruett getting scholarships is a waste of resources.
    « Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 07:24:25 AM by DC01HERD »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, svherd, muherd34, herdorbust2

Offline coalherd

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2024, 01:33:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, trying mightily to put ANY positive spin on this "positive" news, let's all hope that this player is getting no more than a BIG, FAT ZERO in NIL MONEY at MU!!!

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #20 on: March 22, 2024, 10:04:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pruett would have had a hard time seeing the floor at my high school. I went to the same high school as Chris Gray. He played at Marshall from 94-98. Gray was a decent player at Marshall. Mind boggling this guy is getting a scholarship.

Braun, Nutter and Pruett getting scholarships is a waste of resources.

100%

All 3 are low level D2 players, not high level D2 players like Stevie Browning

BBall program is a dumpster fire 

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2024, 10:04:37 AM »