Author Topic: I keep checking on here...the lack of news on Dan is mind boggling insanity.  (Read 4022 times)

Offline carolinaherdfan

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is his last week

Come on Big Jim...I know him...if he doesn't fall over dead; he ain't going anywhere.
    I posted over his friend and spokesperson a month or so ago...the people were shouting; fire his arse; we need a new coach;
    Herdmeister replied: you're going to get one in two years...✌️

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

Offline MUther

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't have any idea what the future is, but I do know that those close to Danny only know what he knows or discloses to them.  So if they are going to replace him, it's not likely his fans are going to know about it if he doesn't say so.

Offline chris88

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Come on Big Jim...I know him...if he doesn't fall over dead; he ain't going anywhere.
    I posted over his friend and spokesperson a month or so ago...the people were shouting; fire his arse; we need a new coach;
    Herdmeister replied: you're going to get one in two years...✌️

I actually think BigJim is right on this one. I also think there also may be players waiting to see what happens before potentially joining portal. No inside information, just a guess based on timing and other things. Could be wrong, we'll see.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

Offline herdman22

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think no one wanted to take away from what the women were doing. I think this coming week something will happen and personally, with no inside information, I think he will step down. 

I would like a search, but why is everyone so against Corny being the coach? Is it just that he's an assistant now? Not saying he's the right choice but just would like to hear the opinions.

Whatever happens, as always, Go Herd!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

Offline jdonaccbus

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think no one wanted to take away from what the women were doing. I think this coming week something will happen and personally, with no inside information, I think he will step down. 

I would like a search, but why is everyone so against Corny being the coach? Is it just that he's an assistant now? Not saying he's the right choice but just would like to hear the opinions.

I think most fans want to open up the process and see who applies. It should be the best applicant....not just hiring another alum. This could be a better job than most think. Why should fans be told to be limited to an assistant who has been a part of a program that has had two-20 loss seasons in three years and 4 straight years of not being able to make it past the quarterfinals of the conference tournament?

We deserve what is best for the program.....not limited to what Dan thinks is best. I thank Dan for his service at Marshall, but it is way past time to move on and let someone else put their footprint on this program.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, cincymike, herdfifteen, herdorbust2

Offline herdorbust2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I hope these rumors are right about this week but I just don't see it. I think they won't say a word and he comes back. Regarding Corny, nobody knows if he would be great or a failure. But why would you hire an assistant that has been part of two 20 loss seasons the last 3 years? Marshall needs to get aggressive and think outside the box for a change. A guy like Jordan Free that was Crutchfields right hand man took over Gannon that won 3 games and instantly win 32 games and is ranked 3rd in D2. Now that is impressive. And there are all kinds of avenues to go and find young talented coaches and (or) great recruiters. If Corny wasn't from here he wouldn't even be on the radar. Enough of the Marshall ties as coaches unless they are beyond impressive.

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I'll turn it around:

Would Corny be considered for our job if he wasn't an alumni?

Of course not, as he doesn't have the pedigree to get our job

If he gets the gig, which I think is a "done deal", I'll support him and hope he's successful, but let's not kid ourselves and act like this is a great hire if it happens

Offline ru4mu2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll turn it around:

If he gets the gig, which I think is a "done deal", I'll support him and hope he's successful, but let's not kid ourselves and act like this is a great hire if it happens
    This would not move the needle at all, IMO.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan

Offline herdorbust2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll turn it around:

Why do you think it's a done deal? Because Danny wants him? If Danny has that much control to be able to pick his replacement after his last 5 years of pathetic performance, then we are in more trouble than I thought. He most likely will get a interview out of respect but that would be about as far as it goes imo.

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Boys, you can keep checking 'till Hell freezes over.  Danny will be back next year.

Yep and we are gonna blow donkey again

Thanks Dan

🤮🤮🤮

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline MicDrass1

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Assistants on poor b-ball teams don?t get promoted to HC when losing HC is done.  Only at Marshall.  And doing this just to keep some players that are avg around is loser mentality. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, herdfan93, ed swain, herdly4, miltonherdfan

Offline Flat Tire 2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I don't think anyone is against Corny, but like others said; open up the process and let's see who applies. The one thing that concerns me about Corny is his coaching resume. He has been an assistant at WVSC; UT Martin; Cleveland State and Marshall, not exactly great programs to learn from a good coach. And face it, Dan is not a great coach to learn how to be a successful college coach. To be honest, I always wonder why Corny stayed with Dan. That hasn't been a good career move on his part.
    « Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 12:55:12 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

Offline GreenDaddy

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why do you think it's a done deal? Because Danny wants him? If Danny has that much control to be able to pick his replacement after his last 5 years of pathetic performance, then we are in more trouble than I thought. He most likely will get a interview out of respect but that would be about as far as it goes imo.

I don't think Brad Smith wants to fire Dan, but views this as an opportunity to get Dan to step aside without upsetting the donors that are behind Dan. I'd rather clean house too. I hope we never get in this situation again.

Offline herdorbust2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think Brad Smith wants to fire Dan, but views this as an opportunity to get Dan to step aside without upsetting the donors that are behind Dan. I'd rather clean house too. I hope we never get in this situation again.

Well if this happened then it should be a one year trial to see how he recruits and coaches. No way he should get 3-4 year contract after being a part of this mess. But I do know that recruiting would get much better because Corny wouldn't be bringing in most of the kids Danny does. And I know that as a fact.

The following users thanked this post: Collis P

Online MUfan08

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope we never get in this situation again.

Exactly, it is the reason hope we never see Pennington or Leftwich coach here.
    Want them to live on as a legacy as a player and not taint that image in any way.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995

Online MUfan08

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Well if this happened then it should be a one year trial to see how he recruits and coaches. No way he should get 3-4 year contract after being a part of this mess. But I do know that recruiting would get much better because Corny wouldn't be bringing in most of the kids Danny does. And I know that as a fact.

How you feel about him finishing Dan's remaining two years and go from there.

Offline GreenDaddy

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Well if this happened then it should be a one year trial to see how he recruits and coaches. No way he should get 3-4 year contract after being a part of this mess. But I do know that recruiting would get much better because Corny wouldn't be bringing in most of the kids Danny does. And I know that as a fact.

You know I've heard other people mention this as well. They said they weren't sure how he would be as a head coach, but most were in agreement that our talent would improve. They said Dan wouldn't take some of players that Corny wanted to take.

Do you know if that is true?

The following users thanked this post: Collis P, herdorbust2

Offline MicDrass1

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is not how D1 athletics works.  If school moves on from DD then move on from entire staff.  Corny Jackson shouldn?t be given this job.  DD started running practices and we lost.  We lost when jackson was running practices.  Move on.
    « Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 02:15:32 PM by MicDrass1 »

The following users thanked this post: HerdnBucks, miltonherdfan

Offline herd2win

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What has Corny done to earn this job other than being an assistant of a losing coach? 

The following users thanked this post: herdly4, miltonherdfan, MicDrass1

Offline Collis P

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is not how D1 athletics works.  If school moves on from DD then move on from entire staff.  Corny Jackson shouldn?t be given this job.  DD started running practices and we lost.  We lost when jackson was running practices.  Move on.

Not defending Corny but he ran the practices exactly like he was told to.  I used to go to a lot of practices (quit 2 years ago) and everything is dictated by Dantoni. 

As for Corny being a HC - the jury would be out on that...  I do know as Herdorbust mentioned -Corny would be a Plus in recruiting as I have seen and talked to him about possible players that were NOT the standard for Dantoni.  ALL the assistant coaches have little to NO SAY with players or X's and O's.......

Adam has also tried to make suggestions with no avail......

I also agree with the reason to appease the Administration with keeping Corny would be to continue the money support (which is Asinine)

Bottom line (IF Dantoni is gone - a national search needs to happen....................................
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, parshall2marshall, Buffalo Bop, herdfifteen, MicDrass1, herdorbust2

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think Brad Smith wants to fire Dan, but views this as an opportunity to get Dan to step aside without upsetting the donors that are behind Dan. I'd rather clean house too. I hope we never get in this situation again.

DD should do the right thing for Marshall and retire

That simple move would allow the administration to move forward

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, parshall2marshall, svherd, Buffalo Bop, Flat Tire 2

Offline MicDrass1

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know there are a lot of bb coaches out there good and more deserving of this job than Jackson.  No way he?s the best person for the job.  Does DD want jackson so he can linger around and be a silent coach. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, svherd, ed swain, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

Offline herdman22

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with these thoughts. I like Corny but would hope he's not just moved up because it's easy.

Hopefully this administration is learning through soccer and women's basketball that the right coach can change everything. You bring in a coach like Kim for the men's side the tarps will need to come down. As it is now, the women are going to need the tarps removed before the men do.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mu79grad, chris88, herdorbust2

Offline miltonherdfan

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You bring in a coach like Kim for the men's side the tarps will need to come down. As it is now, the women are going to need the tarps removed before the men do.

that'll never happen.  from what I've heard, CS has no intentions of putting handrails up there.  & if they stopped selling beer so we could open it back up w/o 'em, we'd probably lose more ticketholders mad about no beer than we'd gain by opening it back up!

Offline herd2win

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Handrails are a myth..tarp because of reduced attendance.

The following users thanked this post: HerdnBucks, MicDrass1

HerdFans.com