Author Topic: I keep checking on here...the lack of news on Dan is mind boggling insanity.  (Read 4021 times)

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are so bush league. We are never proactive. We never ever EVER give fans the impression that we want to or are serious about winning anymore. Dan should have been let go or "retired" the day after the JMU game. An announcement should have been made the morning of March 10th. This should have been decided a month ago (baring a SBC tourney championship). This is a no brainer and the easiest of decisions for any D-I program with a shred of pride.

It's crazy. I've seen all I need. From an athletics standpoint there is absolutely no difference in the Smith/Spears era from the crap we've seen for 20 years. NONE! ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE. Same ol' same ol'. This is DOC ALL OVER AGAIN. Just let these guys retire here...with no regard for the program.

If Dan is retained the sky has fallen. Two different weak @SS AD's let two different old men completely destroy the two most important sports we have. You win one singular conference championship here and they let you tread water forever. Our standards are so freaking low! Marshall is forcing us...literally forcing us...to root for another college team that has their sh!t together! They won't stop being incompetent until we do.

HerdFans.com

Offline girthyherdon

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could not agree more champ.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, carolinaherdfan

Offline richmondherdfan

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like how Dan came out last week to Jeff Goodman and said he plans on coaching next year. Shouldn't that be a statement from the AD department, and not Dan himself? That goes to show me he thinks he has no boss and runs the show. Helps to have a relative on the board of governors who's got your back.

We're gonna absolutely suck again next year. What player worth a crap is going to want to join us next year after this years debacle and most of the team either leaving or graduating? Another loooooooong year is coming our way I'm afraid.

DD should've retired last year when Micah, Taylor, and Kinsey all left after a good year. He's only tainting his legacy now.

Offline herd2win

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is no metric to judge success that says Dan should be retained.  We have had 2 horrible years out of the last 3 and nothing points towards future success.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ed swain, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline svherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Call or email Brad Smith. That's where the firing will come from.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Online Flat Tire 2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • From an earlier thread.

MIA

How come no ?statement? released?
    ? on: March 14, 2024, 08:14:48 AM ?

"At the end of football season, AD Spears released a statement that read quote
    ?"Notwithstanding today's result, this entire season has not met the expectations we have for our football program. At Marshall, we honor our agreements, our commitments and we strive to meet and exceed our stated goals.
    Obviously, we all know that we have work to do. Coach Huff has committed to do that work and we will support the changes he has made and will continue to make. We are confident that, together, we can get back to championship-level football with Coach Huff as our Head Coach?

This was basically an acknowledgment that the football season was not successful to the public and put Coach Huff on notice that results matter. Why has not a similar statement been made about basketball, that this season was not acceptable, and that results matter?
    Is it Spears cannot issue this statement as he knows Old Main would not be happy? Is it he thinks this seasons bball results are ok? Is it racially motivated? Is it he doesn?t could care less about bball?"

My response to the above.
    Doesn't Marshall realize that we just experienced a horrible basketball season with the tanking at the end of the season. I am guessing Huff was forced to make changes to his staff after last season?  Is Dan going to be force to make changes with his staff? How can the AD make the above statement and not do the same to Dan?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 10:43:00 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Buffalo Bop, luckytoes99, D1

Offline herdorbust2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • From an earlier thread.

MIA

How come no ?statement? released?
    ? on: March 14, 2024, 08:14:48 AM ?

"At the end of football season, AD Spears released a statement that read quote
    ?"Notwithstanding today's result, this entire season has not met the expectations we have for our football program. At Marshall, we honor our agreements, our commitments and we strive to meet and exceed our stated goals.
    Obviously, we all know that we have work to do. Coach Huff has committed to do that work and we will support the changes he has made and will continue to make. We are confident that, together, we can get back to championship-level football with Coach Huff as our Head Coach?

This was basically an acknowledgment that the football season was not successful to the public and put Coach Huff on notice that results matter. Why has not a similar statement been made about basketball, that this season was not acceptable, and that results matter?
    Is it Spears cannot issue this statement as he knows Old Main would not be happy? Is it he thinks this seasons bball results are ok? Is it racially motivated? Is it he doesn?t could care less about bball?"

Doesn't Marshall realize that we just experienced a horrible basketball season with the tanking at the end of the season. I am guessing Huff was forced to make changes to his staff after last season?  Is Dan going to be force to make changes with his staff? How can the AD make the above statement and not do the same to Dan?

Agree but they are terrified of the Dantoni's. Let's face it, the only way change will be made is if people stop going to the games and stop buying tickets. How much do people really want change? Stop going and buying tickets. It's that simple. Anyone that goes needs to stop complaining!!

The following users thanked this post: cincymike, miltonherdfan, Herdalum94, scope58, BigJimslade, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline miltonherdfan

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Agree but they are terrified of the Dantoni's. Let's face it, the only way change will be made is if people stop going to the games and stop buying tickets. How much do people really want change? Stop going and buying tickets. It's that simple. Anyone that goes needs to stop complaining!!

Anyone that BUYS needs to stop complaining!!

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, herd1990, ed swain, herdorbust2, BigJimslade

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Call or email Brad Smith. That's where the firing will come from.

No other university would bring DD back after the season he just had in YEAR 10 of his tenure

It's embarrassing and a disgrace

Don't buy season tickets and don't give to Tip Off Club. Let them know you won't come back until DD is gone.

Only thing that matters is $$$

Online W0lfman

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Based on rumor Pruett being put on scholarship leads me to believe it's a done deal. He back.

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Based on rumor Pruett being put on scholarship leads me to believe it's a done deal. He back.

I'm just venting because I'm angry but I knew he was coming back as I've heard nothing to suggest otherwise

We are a laughingstock in BBall

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, DC01HERD, ed swain, scope58, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline coalherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Latest I found on Danny Boy was the March 17th Article on Metro News, "Marshall hoops preps for important offseason ahead".

Article notes that the "top" priority is whether the 76-year-old HC, oldest currently in Division 1, will return.  Coach D'Antoni stated, "I love basketball and I love my guys and as long as they respond to my coaching, I want to keep working,".

Earth to D'Antoni, after the recent 13-20 season, it is pretty evident to everybody but you and your dwindling cadre of bootlickers that the team was "tuned out" to your "coaching and teaching" for most, if not all, of the 23-24 season!!  Nothing to indicate that the situation will change for the better one iota in the 24-25 season and, God forbid, the 25-26 season also should MU still have you around that season!!

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

Offline GreenWhite

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Agree but they are terrified of the Dantoni's. Let's face it, the only way change will be made is if people stop going to the games and stop buying tickets. How much do people really want change? Stop going and buying tickets. It's that simple. Anyone that goes needs to stop complaining!!
    Yet somebody in another thread suggested bringing Mike in and let him clean up the mess his brother has made. I want a complete break from the D'Antoni family.

Offline gochneaur645

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need everyone to loudly boo when his name is announced like he's Donnie Jones coming in with UCF in 2011

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, herdfan93, ed swain, miltonherdfan, MUther, herdorbust2

Offline GreenWhite

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need everyone to loudly boo when his name is announced like he's Donnie Jones coming in with UCF in 2011
    I get what you are saying. I just have a hard time booing my team, including the coaches.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, horsrman, Johnnyherd

Offline bighat

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan Dantoni's coaching is not world news tonight but you would not know it by this website.

Offline MUther

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan Dantoni's coaching is not world news tonight but you would not know it by this website.

There's not much bigger news in our little corner of the world right after basketball season.  I mean the women are winners and the men are losers and the fans want answers.  If this was on the world news tonight forums I could maybe see your point.  But it's on a Marshall sports board where it's relevant all day every day.  You may want to go do something else for while.  It's not going to get any prettier while that mf is still here.

Offline Tim Hensley

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There ain't gonna be any news.  He's coming back.  Accept it.  They now have four scholarships to give and are out seeking new players in the Potral/Juco/NIL. high school. whatever.  They know they have to turn things around.  Don't sell 'em short!

Offline carolinaherdfan

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No other university would bring DD back after the season he just had in YEAR 10 of his tenure

It's embarrassing and a disgrace

Don't buy season tickets and don't give to Tip Off Club. Let them know you won't come back until DD is gone.

Only thing that matters is $$$

I believe your statement has gravitas...

Marshall has at best the greater Huntington, WV area as a fanbase and Our Universities leadership has chosen to totally ignore her own fanbase.
    They have totally disrespected the 'heart and wishes' of the fans she has left as a base...athletically Marshall has little vision or 'allowed' leadership...
    We continue to lose fans while our University does nothing...Our University Pride is being destroyed.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, cincymike, ed swain, herdfifteen, scope58, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There ain't gonna be any news.  He's coming back.  Accept it.  They now have four scholarships to give and are out seeking new players in the Potral/Juco/NIL. high school. whatever.  They know they have to turn things around.  Don't sell 'em short!

What a disgrace. Ray Charles could see that DD is running a train to nowhere.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DC01HERD, scope58, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline MicDrass1

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Every scholarship there is needs to be free except 2

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DC01HERD, miltonherdfan

Offline DC01HERD

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Running the program into the gutter.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

Online Flat Tire 2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I don't think anyone is sell 'em them short with only one post season appearance in 10 years. The record proves that it won't happen. History is a great predictor of the future.

Will they turn on a switch and become decent recruiters and Dan will learn how to coach overnight. I wouldn't bet on it.

Please relay the message to Dan that the majority of the fan base are ready with pitchforks to make a change. Hang Dan in effigy.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DC01HERD, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline DC01HERD

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here comes 20+ losses.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan

Offline jdonaccbus

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Sorry Tim, but he has sold us short with how he has used scholarships. That is a slap to those of us that supported this program.

Putting a guy on scholarship, redshirting him so he could have an extra year of eligibility knowing he was going transfer to another school is absolutely one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. And there may be a second player just like that hit the portal in the next week. That is selling the fans and supporters short by a mile.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, forphase1, MUfan08, DC01HERD, miltonherdfan, MUther, Herdalum94, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com