Author Topic: Marshall WBB vs ODU Game Thread (3/10 - 12:30PM)  (Read 1079 times)

Online wasbarryb

Re: Marshall WBB vs ODU Game Thread (3/10 - 12:30PM)
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2024, 03:14:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree, I doubt she will give much credit to Kim and Marshall in the post-game press conference.

Didn't she pull a Dan there at the end of the game?  I saw her slam her note book on a table, then walk in the direction opposite the scorer' table.  I watched for her and didn't see her shaking any hands.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2024, 03:14:37 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2024, 03:16:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Any TV for the championship game other than ESPN+?

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2024, 03:18:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Any TV for the championship game other than ESPN+?

Check Herdzone.  I think I saw something on there that said the championship game would be on ESPN-U.

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2024, 03:23:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Watch this video all the way thru & tell me you don't get a little juiced. I love this team.

https://twitter.com/HerdWBB/status/1766906199017148733

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd

Offline Collis P

« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2024, 03:26:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Check Herdzone.  I think I saw something on there that said the championship game would be on ESPN-U.

Yes ESPNU - 2pm - may also be on both ESPN+
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, coalherd

Offline bighat

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2024, 03:29:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great coaching

The following users thanked this post: svherd, MicDrass1

Online GoHerd35

« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2024, 03:54:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• « Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 04:32:47 PM by GoHerd35 »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, luckytoes99

Offline MUonium

« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2024, 04:50:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • adversity.  check.  strong 2nd half.  check.  win.  check.

i will say some things which need improved from this game to next.  fouls, not finishing at the basket, rushing shots (credit D) and not staying in front of the ball-handler on D

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online elginherd

« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2024, 04:58:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I had to watch on replay and just finished it.
    Overall observations of the game and the comments.
    I don't agree with the officiating being terrible.

Matthews missed so many easy bunnies...in fact there were a lot of missed bunnies.

Scott missed 3s that she usually makes. She rushed her shot all game. Usually she takes a beat to set her feet, today she didn't get her rhythm.

ODU did play well for much of the game, give credit.

I believe at about 2 and a half minutes that Coach Kim should've called a TO. The five that were out there looked gassed and a Beeman led shift had been waiting to check in for about a minute. ODU took advantage and made it close.

That was nerve racking for much of the game. First time I remember seeing the strain in Coach Kim's face.

This may be a test that this team needed.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd

Online mu79grad

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2024, 05:40:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Didn't she pull a Dan there at the end of the game?  I saw her slam her note book on a table, then walk in the direction opposite the scorer' table.  I watched for her and didn't see her shaking any hands.

I noticed that it did not look like she shook hands.  In the presser, she did give Marshall some credit but she did say that we don't play good defense.  That may be true but I would make sure our team knew what the ODU coach said and challenge them to prove her wrong.  She also noted that Coach Kim changed her game plan in the second half to drive the ball to the basket and it paid off because ODU did not have much of an answer.  I also liked the fact that she said the Sun Belt Conference deserved two bids.  She's talking beyond crazy to think that would happen but she made a strong case for why she believed the SBC should be a two-bid league. 

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, elginherd

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #60 on: March 10, 2024, 06:53:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• The ODU coach is very smug, I listened to her after the first game and she really did not give Marshall any credit. After listening to her again, I think we will come back and win. Just feels like a gut feeling, or might just be wishful thinking due to my lack of fondness for ODU's coach.

She says ODU beat themselves and Marshall didn?t do anything special to win the game.  she said they exposed our players that she intended to expose.

Online elginherd

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2024, 07:01:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She says ODU beat themselves and Marshall didn?t do anything special to win the game.  she said they exposed our players that she intended to expose.

I watched her presser and I detected a little arrogance and resentment.
    That said, Marshall really didn't do anything special. The Herd just did what the Herd does, but not as well as usual. If the Herd had hit even 50% of mostly easy layups, then this game's a relative blowout.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2024, 07:01:59 PM »

Online parshall2marshall

« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2024, 07:04:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I had to watch on replay and just finished it.
    Overall observations of the game and the comments.
    I don't agree with the officiating being terrible.

Matthews missed so many easy bunnies...in fact there were a lot of missed bunnies.

Scott missed 3s that she usually makes. She rushed her shot all game. Usually she takes a beat to set her feet, today she didn't get her rhythm.

ODU did play well for much of the game, give credit.

I believe at about 2 and a half minutes that Coach Kim should've called a TO. The five that were out there looked gassed and a Beeman led shift had been waiting to check in for about a minute. ODU took advantage and made it close.

That was nerve racking for much of the game. First time I remember seeing the strain in Coach Kim's face.

This may be a test that this team needed.

Soup palms the ball every time but I have not ever seen it called. Tissue moves both feet before her jumpers - this could be called traveling. Redwoman does this as well. Not trying to take away from a wonderful, gritty win but something maybe to think about before our NCAA tnmt game !
    « Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 07:08:35 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2024, 08:05:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She says ODU beat themselves and Marshall didn?t do anything special to win the game.  she said they exposed our players that she intended to expose.

Anyone else notice that she saves her smack talk for after losing to us three times and not having to pay us again until next year?

Offline MUther

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2024, 03:54:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She's a good coach.  She learned from the other games and put together what she could and disrupted our system for as long as she could.  We're just better.  I said the other day it's tough to beat a team 3 times but they may not have an answer for us.  Well, they did.  They just didn't have the horses to see it through and we don't seem to get rattled, ever.  Unlike MBB, we are good enough to stay in a game until the things we aren't doing well start to click and we hit that 5th gear, usually mid-3rd.  That's when we pull away.

Only thing that bothered me about the ODU coach was the no defense remark.  What does she think creating turnovers is?  Their girls weren't walking up and handing us the ball.  We took it.  Our whole defense is based on pressure forcing mistakes.  It's so subtle that you don't see it happening until you look at the scoreboard in the late game.  But we play defense and we're damn good at it.  Limiting their possessions limits their points.  There is no better defense than that.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, herdfifteen

Offline coalherd

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2024, 10:28:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She's a good coach.  She learned from the other games and put together what she could and disrupted our system for as long as she could.  We're just better.  I said the other day it's tough to beat a team 3 times but they may not have an answer for us.  Well, they did.  They just didn't have the horses to see it through and we don't seem to get rattled, ever.  Unlike MBB, we are good enough to stay in a game until the things we aren't doing well start to click and we hit that 5th gear, usually mid-3rd.  That's when we pull away.

Only thing that bothered me about the ODU coach was the no defense remark.  What does she think creating turnovers is?  Their girls weren't walking up and handing us the ball.  We took it.  Our whole defense is based on pressure forcing mistakes.  It's so subtle that you don't see it happening until you look at the scoreboard in the late game.  But we play defense and we're damn good at it.  Limiting their possessions limits their points.  There is no better defense than that.

Maybe the "no defense" comment was a result of confusion.  Perhaps she had just recently viewed some or all of a MU MEN'S GAME and Danny's "heralded" Swiss Cheese man-to-man D!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2024, 10:28:30 PM »