Author Topic: Troy upset last night  (Read 411 times)

Offline wasbarryb

Troy upset last night
« on: March 09, 2024, 07:28:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Km's team has turned me from someone who deliberately ignored women's sports, to someone who follows herd women's BB. Of course Dan's team screwing the pooch hasn't slowed that transition.  I've even taken to sometimes watching other SBC women's BB match ups.

After watching the Herd yesterday and the Troy match last night, I'm convinced the tournament is the Herd's to lose.  If they attack the remaining two games with the same intensity they played yesterday, NO ONE in this conference can stop them.

HerdFans.com

Troy upset last night
    « on: March 09, 2024, 07:28:04 AM »

Offline MUther

Re: Troy upset last night
    « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 08:05:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Km's team has turned me from someone who deliberately ignored women's sports, to someone who follows herd women's BB. Of course Dan's team screwing the pooch hasn't slowed that transition.  I've even taken to sometimes watching other SBC women's BB match ups.

After watching the Herd yesterday and the Troy match last night, I'm convinced the tournament is the Herd's to lose.  If they attack the remaining two games with the same intensity they played yesterday, NO ONE in this conference can stop them.

I would have liked to have gone through Troy to get there and leave no doubt, but they weren't even worthy to play us.  Otoh, beating a team 3 times is hard and ODU isn't going to roll over for us.  But given the margins of the previous games vs them they may not have an answer for us.  Yesterday, we made a lot of turnovers and mistakes but we weren't phased by them and stuck to the plan.  We looked like a machine.

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline svherd

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 08:16:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe a rematch with JMU in the title game. That will be tough. They've seen us twice and play physical

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, HerdEcon

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 09:40:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Both games with ODU kind of followed the middle of the season script. We fell behind by 12 early at home, and we were only up 2 at halftime in Norfolk. We have destroyed them in the second half.  The game in Norfolk wasn't as close as the final score indicated but even at that, we dominated one quarter. We were up 28 with 4 minutes left there.

Long story short, both times ODU has stayed right with us for a half but we've worn them down. We'll see how it goes tomorrow afternoon!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online chris88

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 10:14:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Any of the other three teams are capable of beating us.  Louisiana beat Troy last night even though Troy beat them twice in regular season including once by 40+ points. Odu is essentially in same boat as Louisiana was going into last night and JMU has already beaten us at home.

Bring our "A" game and we'll be a tough out but certainly not invincible.

Our NET jumped to #74 today
    « Last Edit: March 09, 2024, 10:19:37 AM by chris88 »
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2024, 11:39:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Dan is the classic son of ?.if you?re the oldest then you get it all.  🖕Dan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2024, 11:39:07 AM »