Author Topic: To Win or To Lose  (Read 709 times)

Offline banker

Re: To Win or To Lose
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2024, 11:23:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I fundamentally reject the notion that your item 1 is an issue.  I point to the fact that fundraising for our indoor practice facility (a fundamental gamechanger for our football program) and soccer stadium (which led to our first top tier national title) began in a year in which we ultimately fired our football coach.  Support for the program, university, and community transcends individual decisions to be made about a particular team, player, or coach.

Not trying to be argumentative, and I understand that the IPF is nice, but how has it been a ?fundamental game changer? for the football program?  We had better overall performance and results and a far superior home field advantage before it was built. 

To me taking the huge crown out of the field was the biggest game changer for football. That gave us a nasty HF advantage.

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2024, 11:23:06 AM »

Offline elginherd

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2024, 12:48:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not trying to be argumentative, and I understand that the IPF is nice, but how has it been a ?fundamental game changer? for the football program?  We had better overall performance and results and a far superior home field advantage before it was built. 

To me taking the huge crown out of the field was the biggest game changer for football. That gave us a nasty HF advantage.

The IPF is used for more than football.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline MUther

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2024, 02:41:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Better for the conference if a top team goes, but if they let this sorry a$$ team (I mean in general, not the effort vs GSU) beat them then that's on them, not us.  No gimmes.  I'm pretty sure JMU understands the mission.  If we should manage to beat them we will have earned what comes next.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #28 on: March 08, 2024, 03:46:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Curfman and Voyles have two of the best individual performances we've seen in a conference tournament game since Kane went off in the triple OT game vs Tulsa back in 2012, and there's not even a single reference or acknowledgement of their performance.  The team earned this win yesterday, and there should at least be a celebration of the play yesterday.  Both teams were shooting well, we won a solid game.

It was great to see live

Curfman and Voyles were both awesome 🔥🔥🔥

Gonna need them to do it again against James Madison

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2024, 03:46:49 PM »