Author Topic: To Win or To Lose  (Read 708 times)

Offline MU42

To Win or To Lose
« on: March 07, 2024, 08:24:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On one hand we win this thing and become one of the worst teams to ever make the ncaa tournament.
    On the other hand we go ahead and lose tonight and put this season out of its misery.

I?ll always want us to win every time, but this season has been awful. Please let?s move on from Dan. I appreciate what he has done but just like many older coaches he doesn?t want to play by the new rules. I hate the new rules but coaches have been able to succeed using them to their advantage.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

To Win or To Lose
    « on: March 07, 2024, 08:24:05 PM »

Offline HerdFanJ

Re: To Win or To Lose
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 08:36:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can never root for the Herd to lose any time - the powers that be will make the decisions.  Time for a change IMO, but I hope we win the whole thing.

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, parshall2marshall, wlf, overherd1

Online elginherd

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 08:39:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If draft position was a consideration, then losing makes sense.
    But it's not, so win.
    DD isn't going anywhere anyway. So there's nothing to be gained by losing.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, horsrman

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 08:47:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • On one hand we win this thing and become one of the worst teams to ever make the ncaa tournament.
    On the other hand we go ahead and lose tonight and put this season out of its misery.

I?ll always want us to win every time, but this season has been awful. Please let?s move on from Dan. I appreciate what he has done but just like many older coaches he doesn?t want to play by the new rules. I hate the new rules but coaches have been able to succeed using them to their advantage.

Agree let's get this over with. Being a 16 seed will get us embarrassed by 50 on national TV and be a huge black eye for our university.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 09:04:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Always want a Herd win.  Want Dan to retire but will never root for an L

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, parshall2marshall, Always THE HERD, elginherd

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2024, 09:07:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Agree let's get this over with. Being a 16 seed will get us embarrassed by 50 on national TV and be a huge black eye for our university.

It would be the furthest thing from a black eye for the university . It would be a financial windfall and would be great advertising and exposure for Marshall. Would be amazing no matter the result.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, Always THE HERD, horsrman, miltonherdfan, elginherd

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2024, 09:25:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It would be the furthest thing from a black eye for the university . It would be a financial windfall and would be great advertising and exposure for Marshall. Would be amazing no matter the result.

Oh please!!!! Getting beat by 50 isnt good pub. What are you smoking. People around the country sees a 92-42 score and don't think highly of Marshall when they see that. They laugh!!!

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2024, 09:36:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Oh please!!!! Getting beat by 50 isnt good pub. What are you smoking. People around the country sees a 92-42 score and don't think highly of Marshall when they see that. They laugh!!!
    You make some good points most of the time but your laughably ignorant on this take

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2024, 09:50:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You make some good points most of the time but your laughably ignorant on this take

Well you can fight Mike Tyson and make money but get knocked out in 2 seconds and still be a laughing stock. Just because you get free press doesn't mean 92-42 is good press. That doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Yep Marshall's Name is out there but for a very bad reason.

Online elginherd

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2024, 09:59:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mods,
    Can you PLEASE put this hater (toddler) back on timeout?

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2024, 10:53:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mods,
    Can you PLEASE put this hater (toddler) back on timeout?

What happened to the two post limit?  Three out of six posts by the same one guy.  Accusing others of being on drugs.  He hasn't learned a thing.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2024, 07:21:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think we will win the SBC. If we did then we would probably given a play in game in the Big Dance and could possibly win that game. Then we would face a #1 seed. We don't have many D1 players and Dan is a horrible coach.

Nobody pays much attention to the play in games. Getting killed in the first round will get you bad publicity.

#FIREDAN

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2024, 07:21:11 AM »

Offline muherd34

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2024, 07:53:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Glad for the W.  Hope we win them all!  Idc if we get our butts kicked or not in the tournament.  Any HERD fan that doesn't want to see MU in the NCAA tournament, then I question your intentions on this board.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd, wlf, miltonherdfan

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2024, 08:01:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Curfman and Voyles have two of the best individual performances we've seen in a conference tournament game since Kane went off in the triple OT game vs Tulsa back in 2012, and there's not even a single reference or acknowledgement of their performance.  The team earned this win yesterday, and there should at least be a celebration of the play yesterday.  Both teams were shooting well, we won a solid game.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2024, 08:10:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Curfman and Voyles have two of the best individual performances we've seen in a conference tournament game since Kane went off in the triple OT game vs Tulsa back in 2012, and there's not even a single reference or acknowledgement of their performance.  The team earned this win yesterday, and there should at least be a celebration of the play yesterday.  Both teams were shooting well, we won a solid game.

"Kane is able !!" (Abel?)
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2024, 08:38:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Glad for the win. Would never want Marshall to lose. I didn't see a win coming. Glad I was wrong. JMU is going to be a different animal. I expect their defense to be a little tougher than Georgia State. I heard Steve Cotton mention that fans were leaving near the end of the game and he mentioned it was the JMU team. They were watching and I am sure were taking mental notes on Voyles and Kurfman. Get some rest and let's see what happens Saturday night.

Online bighat

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2024, 08:42:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are you a real fan if you want us to lose to make someone look bad, to degrade our donors, to boycott games all to please your ego or hatred of a coach?  A real fan supports their team no matter what.  You can be critical of the coach but don't go overboard.  This board has people going way over the top.

The following users thanked this post: thunderingon

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2024, 09:02:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Oh please!!!! Getting beat by 50 isnt good pub. What are you smoking. People around the country sees a 92-42 score and don't think highly of Marshall when they see that. They laugh!!!

Of all the things, this is the worst and dumbest thing you feel the need to repeat. A conference championship and a trip to the dance will NEVER be a bad thing if you actually like Marshall.  Do I expect it this year?  I definitely do not.  But in no way possible would it be a bad thing for the University if it happened. It would only be bad for people (ahem) that want D'antoni, thus Marshall to fail.

Online elginherd

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2024, 09:28:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I might have to take this back if I get a chance to watch this game again...
    I thought that the Herd D was fairly effective last night. The switching defense matched up pretty well against Georgia State.The problem is that it doesn't against all opponents.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2024, 10:06:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

GSU was shooting 3s over 60%. It took a phenomenal game from our two guards to overcome and overshadow their shooting performance. Normally, we lose games like that.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline wlf

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2024, 10:41:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • GSU was shooting 3s over 60%. It took a phenomenal game from our two guards to overcome and overshadow their shooting performance. Normally, we lose games like that.

Exactly , Ga St played an excellent game , we played better. It was a team effort , by that I mean it seemed the rest of the team , for the most part knew not to keep jacking up threes. They knew last night who was buttering their bread on offence.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2024, 10:46:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are you a real fan if you want us to lose to make someone look bad, to degrade our donors, to boycott games all to please your ego or hatred of a coach?  A real fan supports their team no matter what.  You can be critical of the coach but don't go overboard.  This board has people going way over the top.
    You bring up a good point who is a better fan? 
    1) Is it the person the blindly donates their time and money for a bad product or
    2) Is it the person that demands more return for their time and money?

Personally the extreme on both sides can be an issue.  Regardless it is time for Dan to step aside for the good of the school he says he loves.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2024, 10:46:42 AM »

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2024, 10:56:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You bring up a good point who is a better fan? 
    1) Is it the person the blindly donates their time and money for a bad product or
    2) Is it the person that demands more return for their time and money?

Personally the extreme on both sides can be an issue.  Regardless it is time for Dan to step aside for the good of the school he says he loves.

I fundamentally reject the notion that your item 1 is an issue.  I point to the fact that fundraising for our indoor practice facility (a fundamental gamechanger for our football program) and soccer stadium (which led to our first top tier national title) began in a year in which we ultimately fired our football coach.  Support for the program, university, and community transcends individual decisions to be made about a particular team, player, or coach.

The following users thanked this post: whf

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2024, 11:01:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's MARCH baby. Anything can happen.

Offline whf

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2024, 11:04:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I fundamentally reject the notion that your item 1 is an issue.  I point to the fact that fundraising for our indoor practice facility (a fundamental gamechanger for our football program) and soccer stadium (which led to our first top tier national title) began in a year in which we ultimately fired our football coach.  Support for the program, university, and community transcends individual decisions to be made about a particular team, player, or coach.
    I couldn't agree more, time moves on and the universities and opportunities for our student athletes must move on too.  Coaches are temporary, the University's support should transcend time.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2024, 11:04:48 AM »