Author Topic: 2024 Football Schedule  (Read 1583 times)

Offline GreenWhite

Re: 2024 Football Schedule
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2024, 12:49:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Challenging schedule for sure. I've not read or heard Huff complaining about playing a P5.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Flat Tire 2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2024, 12:49:38 PM »

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #26 on: March 04, 2024, 12:51:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 6-6 or 7-5

Fluff gone

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2024, 12:54:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm going to wait and see on a prediction. If the offense doesn't change, then .500 will be about right and Huff will be gone.

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2024, 03:19:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Honestly, this is a pretty fair schedule.
    My worries are just not this season, but the seasons just ahead...

Online svherd

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2024, 04:15:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is this the first time playing two P5's in the same season since Snyder? I don't recall.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2024, 04:20:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is this the first time playing two P5's in the same season since Snyder? I don't recall.

pretty sure doc's 1st yr we had OSU & WVU, seems like he cracked a joke about that during his intro presser

whether it's happened since then?, i have no idea

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2024, 04:43:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

2010 - @OSU, WVU
    2011 - @WVU, Va Tech, @ Louisville
    2012 - @WVU, @ Purdue
    2016 - Louisville, @ Pitt
    2018 - NC State, @ Va Tech

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, svherd, overherd1, Lord Haw-Haw

Online svherd

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2024, 07:50:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 2010 - @OSU, WVU
    2011 - @WVU, Va Tech, @ Louisville
    2012 - @WVU, @ Purdue
    2016 - Louisville, @ Pitt
    2018 - NC State, @ Va Tech

Thanks. The memory is going.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2024, 08:19:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

VPI and NC State just last season
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

The following users thanked this post: svherd, ru4mu2

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2024, 01:14:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We get Southern Miss this year.

MARSHALL
    8/31     Stony Brook
    9/7     at Virginia Tech
    9/21      at Ohio State
    9/28     Western Michigan
    10/5     App State*
    10/12     at Georgia Southern*
    10/17     Georgia State*
    11/2     ULM*
    11/9     at Southern Miss*
    11/16     Coastal Carolina*
    11/23     at Old Dominion*
    11/30      at James Madison*

It is impossible to speculate on wins and losses in March
    Cept OSU

The following users thanked this post: elginherd

Offline elginherd

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2024, 05:01:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Not only impossible to predict wins and losses in March, it's pretty difficult in August.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2024, 08:29:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not only impossible to predict wins and losses in March, it's pretty difficult in August.

Easy to predict, just difficult to be correct.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, svherd, elginherd, coalherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2024, 08:29:15 AM »

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #37 on: March 06, 2024, 08:50:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Easy to predict, just difficult to be correct.

I've seen three years of this Docshite football from Fluff

6-6......maybe 7-5 at best

Offline MUonium

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2024, 08:59:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • please please can the offense (one of the QBs) come out making plays and instill confidence?  can the D reasonably sustain it's recent overall success?  might as well mention the importance of SpT and kicking game.  lets see what Huff is made of in a lame duck year- can he put it ALL together?

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2024, 08:50:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 6-6 or 7-5

Fluff gone

Go Herd!
    I agree with Garbanjo. Best case scenario is 7-5 or 6-6. It should be interesting to see the preseason magazines this summer as well as the oddsmakers quotes on both divisional and overall title races in the Sun Belt for football in 2024.

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2024, 08:53:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've seen three years of this Docshite football from Fluff

6-6......maybe 7-5 at best
    A million amens my friend.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2024, 09:19:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 8-4

Offline herd2win

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2024, 09:28:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 8-4

If we go 8-4 with this schedule, Huff deserves a new contract.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdorbust2

Offline coalherd

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2024, 09:42:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just a lot easier to predict the HERD basketball game results before the season even starts as long as HS Danny Boy is in charge.  As long as you show a lot more "Ls" on the schedule then your "Batting Average" should be pretty damn high!!!

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2024, 02:55:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we go 8-4 with this schedule, Huff deserves a new contract.

Maybe I'm overlooking some teams, but I don't see this schedule as particularly difficult.  TOSU is clearly the most difficult team on the schedule and probably going to finish the season in the playoff.  Other than TOSU, what other team on the schedule do you look at and say that's a loss? 

VT, we beat them last season and they are not the same caliber VT team that we have faced in the past.  Playing at VT will be difficult and may be the difference in the game, but we should be able to go into an lower level ACC team's stadium and be in a position to win the game in the 4th quarter. 

Historically, App, Coastal, and JMU will be the next three toughest teams we play.  App is down and we get them in Huntington.  I think Coastal will be though this season, they have recruited well.  We get Coastal in Huntington.  JMU should take a step back b/c they lost their coaching staff to Indiana and a good number of players to the portal.  We travel to JMU. 

Western Michigan had a terrible season last year in the MAC.  ULM and So Miss brought up the bottom of the SB West Division last year.  The remaining teams on the schedule are not historically tough opponents. 

This is one of those schedules that if our talent and coaching is where it should be then we should be saying to ourselves that we have a legit shot at the SB championship game.

To me this is a measuring stick type schedule.  This is not a tough schedule, the reality is that this schedule is about as favorable as it's going to get in the SB.  This is a schedule that should give us a good indication where Huff has taken the program.  If we finish 8-4 then we will likely finish no better than 3rd place in the East Division and exactly in the same position we were in at the conclusion of our first season in the SB.  We will also be asking ourselves who did we beat that finished the season with a winning record?

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2024, 03:07:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe I'm overlooking some teams, but I don't see this schedule as particularly difficult.  TOSU is clearly the most difficult team on the schedule and probably going to finish the season in the playoff.  Other than TOSU, what other team on the schedule do you look at and say that's a loss? 

VT, we beat them last season and they are not the same caliber VT team that we have faced in the past.  Playing at VT will be difficult and may be the difference in the game, but we should be able to go into an lower level ACC team's stadium and be in a position to win the game in the 4th quarter. 

Historically, App, Coastal, and JMU will be the next three toughest teams we play.  App is down and we get them in Huntington.  I think Coastal will be though this season, they have recruited well.  We get Coastal in Huntington.  JMU should take a step back b/c they lost their coaching staff to Indiana and a good number of players to the portal.  We travel to JMU. 

Western Michigan had a terrible season last year in the MAC.  ULM and So Miss brought up the bottom of the SB West Division last year.  The remaining teams on the schedule are not historically tough opponents. 

This is one of those schedules that if our talent and coaching is where it should be then we should be saying to ourselves that we have a legit shot at the SB championship game.

To me this is a measuring stick type schedule.  This is not a tough schedule, the reality is that this schedule is about as favorable as it's going to get in the SB.  This is a schedule that should give us a good indication where Huff has taken the program.  If we finish 8-4 then we will likely finish no better than 3rd place in the East Division and exactly in the same position we were in at the conclusion of our first season in the SB.  We will also be asking ourselves who did we beat that finished the season with a winning record?
    I agree with this. It's the only way to know how much the program has developed. As the Notre Dame game proved, anything is possible. We get two weeks to prepare for TOSU.

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2024, 03:08:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Knowing Huff he'll spank Ohio St and lose to WMU, with a close game at VT.  But I'll take the WMU loss if we get to beat Ohio St.

Stop it sir

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2024, 03:08:37 PM »

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2024, 03:23:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Historically, App, Coastal, and JMU will be the next three toughest teams we play.  App is down and we get them in Huntington.  I think Coastal will be though this season, they have recruited well.  We get Coastal in Huntington.  JMU should take a step back b/c they lost their coaching staff to Indiana and a good number of players to the portal.  We travel to JMU. 

I don't think App is down anymore. They found a good QB in Aguilar and bring him back. Ended last season on a tear including the win at JMU on Gameday. I think that's the toughest non-OSU game on the schedule assuming JMU takes a step back. Probably the game that will define our season.

We owe an absolute ass beating to Coastal. Had every chance to beat them here two years ago and walked into a buzzsaw there last year. Hopefully everything lines up to tear them apart on the memorial game.

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Online svherd

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2024, 04:21:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • VT improved vastly as the year went on last season and may get votes for TOP25. OSU, we know. App. will be good. Coastal has our number, JMU there will be very tough. ODU has given us fits the last two years and return a lot of production. There are 6 losses possibly. We should be able to handle the rest. It really depends on our new OC and the QB's we brought in. They'll have to exceed expectations to have a good year. jmho.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2024, 04:28:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we go 8-4 with this schedule, Huff deserves a new contract.
    In a pig's eye.
    « Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 04:31:47 PM by Lord Haw-Haw »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2024, 04:28:37 PM »