Author Topic: What I believe will happen  (Read 1011 times)

Offline herdorbust2

What I believe will happen
« on: February 29, 2024, 08:39:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Even if Spears wants to get rid of Danny he will probably be talked out of it by Danny and his donor friends for at least one more year. I think Danny will try and raise a one time NIL fund for next year. I think Mike D will pony up big along with a few others to try and  buy a couple good scorers to try and let Danny walk away on a winning note. It's not something they could raise year after year but I think they will swing for the fences and tell Spears to give them that chance to win and walk away. I may be wrong but I think that is what will happen. Personally I want a new coach named in 4-5 weeks.

The following users thanked this post: Rockin Herd Fan, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

What I believe will happen
    « on: February 29, 2024, 08:39:31 PM »

Offline herd2win

Re: What I believe will happen
    « Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 08:47:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That could happen but I don't think if we had a trillion dollars Danny would find the right guys.  He will recruit friends or nephews of friends or relatives.

I do agree with your theory and in a combination with that, look for the easiest OOC schedule we have ever seen.  Similar to what led to our 24 win season.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 08:50:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Even if Spears wants to get rid of Danny he will probably be talked out of it by Danny and his donor friends for at least one more year. I think Danny will try and raise a one time NIL fund for next year. I think Mike D will pony up big along with a few others to try and  buy a couple good scorers to try and let Danny walk away on a winning note. It's not something they could raise year after year but I think they will swing for the fences and tell Spears to give them that chance to win and walk away. I may be wrong but I think that is what will happen. Personally I want a new coach named in 4-5 weeks.

Interesting theory that I had not considered. Good on ya Bust for suggesting options in this new age of college sports.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 09:26:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bust, I could see this happening. Nothing would surprise me anymore when it comes to men's basketball at Marshall. I also would like to see a new coach by the end of March.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 10:00:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The staff doesn?t know what an ultra quick scoring guard is .... the undersized ones are playing D2 and would shred the SBC

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd, herdfan129, herdorbust2

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 11:56:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To quote Mr King, I have a Dream.  A dream of a basketball coach that actually coaches during games.  A coach that recruits players that fit his system.  A coach that takes responsibility for not having a team ready to play.  I have a dream 🙏🏻

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2024, 05:59:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Danny is going to get to do whatever he wants to do.  Keep in mind that Danny sidestepped Hamrick and went directly to the BoG with his proposal for a basketball facility.  I don't think Spears has any authority over him.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: HerdFanJ, svherd, ed swain, herdfifteen, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2024, 08:27:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Let's say this is what happens for example...Spears should question his job over even agreeing to something like that IMO. A one year "fix" does nothing for Marshall basketball right now. They need a complete overhaul from staff to chairs on the bench

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline svherd

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2024, 08:31:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's say this is what happens for example...Spears should question his job over even agreeing to something like that IMO. A one year "fix" does nothing for Marshall basketball right now. They need a complete overhaul from staff to chairs on the bench

This is not Spears call. The mens b'ball job and football are not his to decide. Involves many. The minor sports, a little different story.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, horsrman, herdorbust2

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2024, 08:32:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I'll take it one step further.  Danny does just enough to get his 20+ wins, just like in 22', and then says he still enjoys coaching and wants to come back for the final year of his contract.  Then he will demand that Corny Jackson be his replacement. 

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2024, 08:50:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think he's toast, but I've thought that for about 3 years.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, herdorbust2

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2024, 09:00:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Well thought out post.

My question to the above post, is Dan capable of recruiting the right players he needs and overcoming his " player requirements" for being a Marshall basketball player?  Dan and his system seemed flawed at the college level. I have heard Dan thinks he can take a player that is not being widely sought after and turn the player into one who can contribute. In ten years, Dan he has had very little success of recruiting D1 level talent.

I would think his only options would be a one and done player. Given Dan's coaching record, I would think a really good player would not be interested in playing for Dan. Most players want to play in a winning program. I am sure opposing coaches would point out Dan's poor record and coaching performance when recruiting against him.

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, chris88, coalherd, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2024, 09:00:12 AM »

Offline herdman22

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2024, 09:30:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The women are playing exactly the game DD promised he was bringing to Marshall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, horsrman, chris88, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2024, 10:14:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's up to Brad if he wants a change in men's basketball. I know he likes Dan, but I also think Brad knows his age is catching up to him. Spears can only give his recommendation on a coaching change.

The following users thanked this post: carolinaherdfan, parshall2marshall, svherd, chris88, herdorbust2

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2024, 10:26:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lots of good comments on this thread.

Bust is spot on. Danny is not going to leave after a losing season, he will want to go out on a high note. B.Smith, BOG, and several well healed boosters do not want to see Danny go out this way. Like Bust said, this group along with Mike D will do their best to convince Danny to get some players through the portal. I would also suspect they will put more money into NIL.

In addition, both Spears/M.Cline will really dumb down the pre-season schedule to help ensure DD has a winning season.

The real question as Flat mentioned is will DD buy into using portal guys as this is something he is not a fan of.   

I also hope no matter what happens that next year will be DD last.
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 10:28:58 AM by MidlandKnight »

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2024, 10:30:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is just Bust hedging his bets to make sure he's never happy with a DD team ever again. He's been complaining about his use of the portal and recruiting, so in the chance that Dan is still here and finds a way to be successful with transfers/recruits next year, Bust will not enjoy it or celebrate any success.  Instead, he will get to come on here and say that he called it and how much he still sucks and needs to be fired or retire. Some people are not happy unless they are unhappy.

The following users thanked this post: bighat

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2024, 10:32:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is just Bust hedging his bets to make sure he's never happy with a DD team ever again. He's been complaining about his use of the portal and recruiting, so in the chance that Dan is still here and finds a way to be successful with transfers/recruits next year, Bust will not enjoy it or celebrate any success.  Instead, he will get to come on here and say that he called it and how much he still sucks and needs to be fired or retire. Some people are not happy unless they are unhappy.

Are you happy with 2 of the last 3 years?

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2024, 10:48:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Some thought he was Dan's bff like 2-3 years ago. Funny how things change. Glad to see Bust has seen the reality.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2024, 10:55:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well it was more like 13 months ago about the time, or just before, we blew game to lock up NIT.

Personally, I think he's gone after this year.

DD doesn't have the clout to stay on his own, now if there are enough boosters that want him to stay, well they may have the clout for that.  I don't see it but we will see what happens.

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdorbust2

Offline herdman22

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2024, 11:10:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lots of good comments on this thread.

Bust is spot on. Danny is not going to leave after a losing season, he will want to go out on a high note. B.Smith, BOG, and several well healed boosters do not want to see Danny go out this way. Like Bust said, this group along with Mike D will do their best to convince Danny to get some players through the portal. I would also suspect they will put more money into NIL.

In addition, both Spears/M.Cline will really dumb down the pre-season schedule to help ensure DD has a winning season.

The real question as Flat mentioned is will DD buy into using portal guys as this is something he is not a fan of.   

I also hope no matter what happens that next year will be DD last.
    I would hate to see him go out this way too. He brought us some good players and an NCAA win. But, it's time and I don't see next year being any better. I actually think if he steps down after this year it would be a better look for him than trying to hang on one more year wishing to go out a winning.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2024, 11:22:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mu bb is not winning in 24-25.  The roster is dreadful

The following users thanked this post: svherd, miltonherdfan

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2024, 11:23:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The whole "Danny doesn't want to go out this way" is a flawed notion from step one.  Marshall shouldn't be asking, "What is best for Danny?"; the powers that be should be asking, "What is best for Marshall basketball?"  Potentially bringing in a bunch of one and done players and dumbing down the schedule, to make sure Danny goes out a winner, doesn't move Marshall basketball forward. 
    « Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 11:42:54 AM by Rockin Herd Fan »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2024, 11:23:05 AM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2024, 11:28:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mu bb is not winning in 24-25.  The roster is dreadful

Agree, outside of 2-3 miracle portal pick ups and a schedule loaded with D2 teams, I don't see it getting any better. Go out now before he sinks further down that hole.
    If he stays, DD will likely end his career with the most losses ever for a MU b'ball coach. No one wants that!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, miltonherdfan, FilmJunky

Offline wlf

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2024, 11:39:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Danny is going to get to do whatever he wants to do.  Keep in mind that Danny sidestepped Hamrick and went directly to the BoG with his proposal for a basketball facility.  I don't think Spears has any authority over him.

Can't fault him much for sidestepping a football first AD. I still smart with what was done to our basketball program by Moon and Hamrick.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, Collis P, luckytoes99, MidlandKnight, herdorbust2

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2024, 12:30:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree, outside of 2-3 miracle portal pick ups and a schedule loaded with D2 teams, I don't see it getting any better. Go out now before he sinks further down that hole.
    If he stays, DD will likely end his career with the most losses ever for a MU b'ball coach. No one wants that!

I agree the cupboard is pretty bare. Not only will he need to hit the portal, but he will need to re-recruit both Martin and Oak. I would imagine both of these guys will have other offers.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2024, 12:30:45 PM »