Author Topic: I have asked multiple times  (Read 1064 times)

Offline herd2win

I have asked multiple times
« on: February 28, 2024, 11:18:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And have yet to have anyone answer with facts.  Multiple posts talk about the DAntoni money that Mike and family have given to MU basketball.  I have yet to see any public comment or announcement in the last 10'years about donations from Mike D.

Hamrick had him in the committee to raise money but never a mention of him donating.  We hear about all other donations including the family that redid Gullickson but I can't find or remember any announcement about DAantoni donating.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

HerdFans.com

I have asked multiple times
    « on: February 28, 2024, 11:18:45 PM »

Offline MUther

Re: I have asked multiple times
    « Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 12:12:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He donated his brother.  We didn't know we had to feed him for a decade and clean up after him.

Online ru4mu2

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 07:11:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And have yet to have anyone answer with facts.  Multiple posts talk about the DAntoni money that Mike and family have given to MU basketball.  I have yet to see any public comment or announcement in the last 10'years about donations from Mike D.

Hamrick had him in the committee to raise money but never a mention of him donating.  We hear about all other donations including the family that redid Gullickson but I can't find or remember any announcement about DAantoni donating.
    I have wondered the same....

Online svherd

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 08:51:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Those are things we'll never know. It would be hard for me to believe Mike hasn't donated to the b'ball program and Marshall in general. Just me, but I thought I recall where Hamrick mentioned that Mike D, JJ, and Chris Cline, all donated sizeable amounts during the Vision Campaign. Maybe I am dreaming. LOL!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 09:54:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Those are things we'll never know. It would be hard for me to believe Mike hasn't donated to the b'ball program and Marshall in general. Just me, but I thought I recall where Hamrick mentioned that Mike D, JJ, and Chris Cline, all donated sizeable amounts during the Vision Campaign. Maybe I am dreaming. LOL!

Remember, Mike and Chad were co-chairs of the fundraising effort that resulted in the indoor facility, the Hall of Fame, the expansion of the Buck Harless student athlete program and other capitol improvements.  I know for a fact that both Chad and Mike made donations above 7 figures.
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, svherd, wlf, MUonium

Offline wlf

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 10:01:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's getting dog pile on the rabbit now. Let's end this with a little grace, nobody should question the D'Antoni's love for Marshall basketball.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, bbcard1, mr_ash_1995, Always THE HERD, gochneaur645

Offline herd2win

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 10:17:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's getting dog pile on the rabbit now. Let's end this with a little grace, nobody should question the D'Antoni's love for Marshall basketball.

Not questioning their love of MU, just no formal announcement was ever made about a large donation to MU.  Every other donation was mentioned and usually with a press conference.  Mike was on the fundraising committee that Hamrick put together but I researched and did not find any information on a donation of substance being made.

Offline MUonium

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 04:38:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

and if they want to tell or don't want to tell about their donations it's fine with me.  it's nobody's damn business.

another thing-
    i SMH when people bring up salaries.  if salaries are near the going rate, then it's petty of people to bring up salary.  hire them or don't.  fire them or don't.  stop with the whiney "he's paid too much" arguments.  maybe YOU (not you wlf) are paid too much! 

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Always THE HERD

Online svherd

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2024, 04:48:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not questioning their love of MU, just no formal announcement was ever made about a large donation to MU.  Every other donation was mentioned and usually with a press conference.  Mike was on the fundraising committee that Hamrick put together but I researched and did not find any information on a donation of substance being made.

Many like to fly below the radar. If Mike or a donor give a large sum and do not want it published, I respect that. I would say this happens more often than not. I know if I won the lottery and donated millions to Marshall, I would not want it publicized or acknowledged.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: DallasGreen, Always THE HERD, luckytoes99

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2024, 04:48:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What about the 6-7 million Marshall has given to Dandy Dan over the last 10 years?

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, Lord Haw-Haw

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2024, 06:10:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What about the 6-7 million Marshall has given to Dandy Dan over the last 10 years?
    He wasn't "given" anything. He like many others (and maybe you too) was offered a salary, hourly rate or whatever and accepted it. I am quite confident that he has worked many, many long days, etc. Did he accomplish what "you" thought he should (and has your employer been pleased with everything you have done).
    He may not be a good coach (I certainly don't know, other than his record); but saying he was given something is just not fair IMO.

The following users thanked this post: goherd73, bighat, Gaylen

Offline herd2win

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2024, 06:15:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The only reason I brought this up is that multiple times it has been said that if we let Dan go the money will go also.  I was just wondering what the number or money is.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2024, 06:15:30 PM »

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2024, 08:33:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Geez.

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2024, 08:52:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He wasn't "given" anything. He like many others (and maybe you too) was offered a salary, hourly rate or whatever and accepted it. I am quite confident that he has worked many, many long days, etc. Did he accomplish what "you" thought he should (and has your employer been pleased with everything you have done).
    He may not be a good coach (I certainly don't know, other than his record); but saying he was given something is just not fair IMO.

Hi, Ms. D'Antoni.

My point is very valid, though.  It's not a one way street.  It's not charity.  We are paying him to do the job.  We don't owe him anything other than that. 

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Flat Tire 2

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2024, 10:24:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hi, Ms. D'Antoni.

My point is very valid, though.  It's not a one way street.  It's not charity.  We are paying him to do the job.  We don't owe him anything other than that.

He's getting paid a reasonable sum for a SunBelt coach now, but he started at the very bottom of D1 as a 'favor' to MU.  He's not been paid anywhere near "6-7 million dollars"
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2024, 10:47:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not all donations are made public. Many choose to do so quietly. That's their business and their choice.

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2024, 07:37:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Remember, Mike and Chad were co-chairs of the fundraising effort that resulted in the indoor facility, the Hall of Fame, the expansion of the Buck Harless student athlete program and other capitol improvements.  I know for a fact that both Chad and Mike made donations above 7 figures.
    So you are saying they each donated over $10 million?

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2024, 08:52:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So you are saying they each donated over $10 million?

Glad you're not my accountant :)

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, VA Herd Fan, MUther

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2024, 08:55:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He's getting paid a reasonable sum for a SunBelt coach now, but he started at the very bottom of D1 as a 'favor' to MU.  He's not been paid anywhere near "6-7 million dollars"

He did not ever do MU a favor, and he's been paid a whole lot more than you think he has.  He's been the 4th or 5th highest paid state employee for years.

The whole "he only makes 200k" was always false.  That was his base number, and didn't account for all the other money coming from other places.

This guy is a bullshitter of the absolute highest level, and many of you just refuse to look at facts.

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2024, 09:03:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Glad you're not my accountant :)

"above 7" = 8 or more; 10M is the smallest 8-figure #

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2024, 09:07:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• "above 7" = 8 or more; 10M is the smallest 8-figure #

Truthfully I think I looked right over that "above" word. Like I mentally blocked it out. My sincerest apologies!

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline coalherd

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2024, 09:19:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He wasn't "given" anything. He like many others (and maybe you too) was offered a salary, hourly rate or whatever and accepted it. I am quite confident that he has worked many, many long days, etc. Did he accomplish what "you" thought he should (and has your employer been pleased with everything you have done).
    \
    \
    He was given what he got initially because he had very, very FEW, if ANY, Bonafide qualifications to be a Division 1 Head Coach at a school that was really interested in having a QUALITY Basketball Program. 

Too many in Huntington, mainly those "Stuck in the 60s", or earlier, thought (and STILL think) with their hearts and not with their brains!!  D'Antoni was strictly a "Sentimental Hire", 100 Damn Percent!!  And keeping his overall mediocre basketball program continuing after a FAILED DECADE of average to subpar results in terms of "true" accomplishments is a product and result of the same "thinking"!!

But cheer up!!  You and others of the sycophant ilk will still have, by ALL ACCOUNTS, two more seasons to totally "Lap Up" all the excrement on the HC floor resulting from the product, supposedly D1 college basketball, which is actually a total "Sh*t Show" courtesy of Danny D'Antoni!!!

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2024, 09:19:10 PM »

Online bighat

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2024, 10:40:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why are we bringing up donors and toasting them?  You are not helping Marshall by talking about donors.  It is alright to complain about the coaching but to start on donors and what they donate is overboard.  If they want you to know they would tell you.

Offline MUther

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2024, 11:43:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• "above 7" = 8 or more; 10M is the smallest 8-figure #

No, above 7 figures can also mean 1,000,001 dollars.  It doesn't necessarily mean another zero figure.  Most of the time when someone says above 7 figures or north of 7 figures they mean some amount containing 7 figures but more than the minimum or they would just say 8 figures.

The following users thanked this post: VA Herd Fan

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2024, 12:26:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need a new coach. Hope everyone can that by now. It's a clown show.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2024, 12:26:18 PM »