Author Topic: DD will be gone  (Read 2969 times)

Online MUfan08

Re: DD will be gone
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2024, 08:10:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Would love to know who's idea it was to nix the 1-1-1 arrangement!!  They have set MU basketball back!

It was approved by the MU board unanimously last March in an emergency board meeting (like Dan was going anywhere to warrant a new contract).

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2024, 08:10:10 AM »

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2024, 08:25:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's all Andy Taylor's fault

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2024, 08:38:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Where in the world is Andy?

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2024, 08:41:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    The announcers mentioned that about a dozen times last night, lol.

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2024, 08:43:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was approved by the MU board unanimously last March in an emergency board meeting (like Dan was going anywhere to warrant a new contract).
    Yeah, I know what happened.  Question is who's idea was it?  Like you said, he wasn't going anywhere....

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2024, 08:43:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have bit my tongue for most of this year, but DD will be gone. I keep seeing people post he was given a three year extension. While this is semi-true its a misnomer. DD has no guaranteed money. There is an off ramp for both parties at the end of each season. So, Marshall could move in another direction and not owe DD a buyout. Further, if you have just paid attention to the season and the happenings of the year, it is easy to see DD will be stepping aside. Articles critiquing the administration, poopooing the double header, etc. Also him thanking everyone in the pre and postgame against App State. DD would not be doing these things if he intended to stay. He is now the oldest coach in the country and his age has been showing. This is the end of the DD era. We do not need to argue it or fret about it anymore.

So essentially you are simply spitballin

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2024, 08:53:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is a real possibility that this team loses 20 games this season.  They will at least lose 19 games, because it is very unlikely this team is going to win the conference tournament.  That will be two out of the last three seasons that DD's team will have a losing record.  Not only a losing record, but they will have had a horribly bad season.  For those who want to say this season was bad because he lost Taylor and Kinsey, remember in the 21' season, he had both of those guys and still lost 20+ games. 

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, MUther, MicDrass1, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2024, 08:55:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We can onlywish Dan would retire. Unless he is forced to, I don't see him doing it. As others have said, he has a super ego that just will not face the fact he is failing. We don't need just two shooters to turn this thing around. We need 10 solid players. With Dan, that will never happen.

The following users thanked this post: scope58, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #33 on: February 29, 2024, 10:26:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• It's not a 3 year contract.  There is zero buyout.

If that's 100% Super, it's an easy decision

It's over

Go Herd!

Offline MUther

« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2024, 10:33:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That three year contract and it's inception seems like Dan went to the board and said "I just won 24 games and your hamstringing me with these 1 year contracts, give me a full deal."  So they gave it to him on paper to show recruits.  But that doesn't mean there's a buyout.  You can have an employment contract that still allows for either party to terminate with no penalty.  It's all in how it was structured.

Offline herdman22

« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2024, 10:40:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I remember hearing in the past that state employees could not have more than a one year contract so the coaches contracts here for multiple years were hand shake agreements only. That may have changed, I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline herd2win

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2024, 10:44:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I remember hearing in the past that state employees could not have more than a one year contract so the coaches contracts here for multiple years were hand shake agreements only. That may have changed, I don't know.

The base part of the coaches contracts can only be 1 year but the Big Green (which is the majority of the money) can be for what ever they make it.  Also, I am not even sure the state contracts can only be 1 year still.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2024, 10:44:16 AM »

Online MUfan08

« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2024, 11:07:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://www.marshall.edu/news/2023/03/board-of-governors-approves-athletics-contracts/

Should reach out to the director of communications (their contract is in the link) and request details of the 3 year deal.

Or gather it through the FOIA.

Since Landon reads the boards, this would be a good topic to do some research.

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

Offline andy31

« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2024, 11:16:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://www.marshall.edu/news/2023/03/board-of-governors-approves-athletics-contracts/

Should reach out to the director of communications (their contract is in the link) and request details of the 3 year deal.

Or gather it through the FOIA.

Since Landon reads the boards, this would be a good topic to do some research.

Landon will not publish a word of anything related to D'Antoni leaving the position of head men's basketball coach.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, ru4mu2, miltonherdfan, Rockin Herd Fan, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2024, 11:32:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Big Green guarantees the contracts for the excess over what the state is paying (less appearance fees for radio, TV, etc.) for the length of the contract.  Its not subject to FOIA, unfortunately, although the memo of understanding with the university should be. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2024, 11:56:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That three year contract and it's inception seems like Dan went to the board and said "I just won 24 games and your hamstringing me with these 1 year contracts, give me a full deal."  So they gave it to him on paper to show recruits.  But that doesn't mean there's a buyout.  You can have an employment contract that still allows for either party to terminate with no penalty.  It's all in how it was structured.

DD only had 2 yrs remaining on the 1-1-1 series when the 3-yr announcement was made.  the press releases were exactly 1 year apart, almost to the day.  we're getting really desperate here, just grasping at straws, trying to explain why the 3-yr contract extension that was announced just prior to THIS season is just made-up funny business on the part of our admin.  the kids DD's bringing in here could care less how many years he has left on his deal -- they're just tickled to death to get a D-I offer!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, mu79grad

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2024, 11:57:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Two road blocks to getting rid of Dan.  One is in Old Main and the other is a family member.  You guys can fill in the blanks. I didn't provide any names.

TRS
    Mu 71

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2024, 12:05:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD needs a new team & can?t miss recruiting
    Not happening

He?s not winning anymore

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2024, 12:07:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2024, 12:21:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://x.com/MarshallTBlog/status/1763213839397683617?s=20

Asked the wrong question. Do I think Dan should be fired/resign? Yes. Do I think it will happen? NO.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2024, 12:29:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have 4 players that don't even take their warmups off!!

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2024, 12:47:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Where in the world is Andy?

Fighting charges

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2024, 12:47:27 PM »

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2024, 12:48:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have 4 players that don't even take their warmups off!!

We also have a 7' 5th year SR, who played and started in his previous years, but now can't even get off the bench on a 20 game losing team. Unless he is hurt, this is another example of piss poor coaching. Either he didn't improve under this coaching staff, or he is just skating through on a free scholarship.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, ru4mu2, Buffalo Bop, miltonherdfan, MicDrass1, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline andy31

« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2024, 01:03:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fighting charges

You've alluded to this several times. Details?

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2024, 02:18:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Two road blocks to getting rid of Dan.  One is in Old Main and the other is a family member.  You guys can fill in the blanks. I didn't provide any names.

TRS
    Mu 71
    We know who they are, that is no secret. I have said all along the decision on DD goes above Spears. Too, DD continually speaking about coaching next year may be his way setting the stage for a fight should they try and dismiss him. It could certainly get ugly.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2024, 02:18:33 PM »