Author Topic: Immediately  (Read 944 times)

Offline herdorbust2

Immediately
« on: February 28, 2024, 08:57:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Danny should be fired. Spears should do it while he is in Georgia. Just for not making any adjustments. Danny stood there all night as GS matched up one on one and went to the hole and never stopped switching or went to a zone once. You honestly can't make this stuff up. There isn't a coach in the country that would have stood and watched that all night and not tried something. Fire him now and stop this embarrassment from continuing. Just got waxed by a 6-23 team!!!!

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, DC01HERD, coalherd, Herdalum94, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

Immediately
    « on: February 28, 2024, 08:57:56 PM »

Offline DC01HERD

Re: Immediately
    « Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 08:59:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's just amazing that he makes zero adjustments.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline coalherd

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 09:07:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe Danny has sleep apnea!  He can't be that DAMN DUMB, can he?

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 09:08:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He might literally be the worst coach in D1 college basketball.

There might be worse teams out there, but it's hard to imagine anybody else doing so little against bad competition at a school that can attract over 5,000 fans to every game.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, ed swain, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline andy31

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 09:12:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • End this.

Are we truly going to wait two more seasons to fix the basketball program to service the ego of one man and his family?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ed swain, Flat Tire 2, herdfifteen, Herdalum94, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 09:12:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well it doesn?t sound like I missed anything the last 6-8 games.  Proceed.

Offline robowski

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2024, 09:12:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Boycott until he is fired. Only way to send a clear message.  He must go and if they don't care to make the move then we can force their hand

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ed swain, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2024, 09:21:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Boycott until he is fired. Only way to send a clear message.  He must go and if they don't care to make the move then we can force their hand

I've said this also. Anyone that goes to the games next year is just as guilty as Danny for the program. Not one single person should go to the tournament and support this disaster. The only thing that will stop this is a total ban until he is gone. His recruiting stinks and his coaching is worse. Why does he even show up for games? He sure doesn't coach. Other coaches have to be laughing at him and Marshall for allowing this to continue. Total 100% disgrace!!!! I've never seen a coach game after game not make an adjustment on defense. And tonight was the worst I ever saw. They constantly just lined up and kept beating us one on one to the hole and he stood there either asleep or clueless on what to do. If he isn't fired tonight after this then Spears, Smith and the BOGs should all be removed because this is truly embarrassing.

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2024, 09:24:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like I posted when Doc was in limbo after his last season, "I don't see how they can bring him back.".

Ditto now for Dan. I understand the frustration but we have to let the season play out and then let Danny announce his dignified retirement. This cannot be much fun for him and most of us will never know how much or how little pressure was required and it really doesn't matter. Status of W. Moore, OAK and Nate Martin is important but absolutely pales in comparison to the need for a new and revitalizing coach.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Herd2believe

Offline svherd

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2024, 09:29:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like I posted when Doc was in limbo after his last season, "I don't see how they can bring him back.".

Ditto now for Dan. I understand the frustration but we have to let the season play out and then let Danny announce his dignified retirement. This cannot be much fun for him and most of us will never know how much or how little pressure was required and it really doesn't matter. Status of W. Moore, OAK and Nate Martin is important but absolutely pales in comparison to the need for a new and revitalizing coach.

His ego and stubbornness won't let him retire. He will stick it out, claim we couldn't overcome last seasons defections and lean on Mike and Cathy to play the money card - so we will keep him around. Shame on him and shame on those who push to keep him. They don't love Marshall.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, ru4mu2, Flat Tire 2, MidlandKnight

Offline Collis P

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2024, 09:30:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ah come guys - Danny is enjoying his Peach Pie!  And reviewing his bank statement!!
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2024, 09:32:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

If he retires after the year, I will be shocked. No way he retires on his own. Unless Spears, Mike Dantoni and others have a meeting with him and can convince him then I don't see it at all. But he needs to be told either retire or we will let you go.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2024, 09:32:03 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2024, 10:25:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well it doesn?t sound like I missed anything the last 6-8 games.  Proceed.

Hopefully, the stench of HERD basketball, D'Antoni style, in 23-24, hasn't reached  Iowa quite yet!

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2024, 10:58:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?m fascinated that some of you are still watching this mess. I?m not even watching on TV anymore until he is gone.

I?d rather go to the dentist than watch another game where DD is the coach. I check the scores just to laugh, but last few games I haven?t even checked score until a day or so later.

I had 6 season tickets at one point. 
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: Herdalum94, herdorbust2

Offline MUther

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2024, 12:10:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?m fascinated that some of you are still watching this mess. I?m not even watching on TV anymore until he is gone.

I?d rather go to the dentist than watch another game where DD is the coach. I check the scores just to laugh, but last few games I haven?t even checked score until a day or so later.

I had 6 season tickets at one point.

Thank God for WBB.  If I missed a game I immediately get on here and ESPN to find out if they won and by how much and who did what.  Haven't felt that way about MBB in a long time. 

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Collis P, herdfan129

Online BigJimslade

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2024, 01:23:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He might literally be the worst coach in D1 college basketball.

There might be worse teams out there, but it's hard to imagine anybody else doing so little against bad competition at a school that can attract over 5,000 fans to every game.

That is not true .. there have been less than 5000 in the stands multiple times

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2024, 08:58:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • While I understand why, firing Dan while in Georgia will not accomplish anything. You are not going to hire a coach before the season ends. As bad as it is for the school, he needs to coach until eliminated from the conference tournament, which I think will be after one game. Get them back to Huntington, sit him down with an ultimatum of retiring or be fired, and go from there. If Spears is a good AD, he should have a list of potential candidates he would like to bring here to turn this around.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, puma, herdorbust2

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2024, 09:54:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hopefully, the stench of HERD basketball, D'Antoni style, in 23-24, hasn't reached  Iowa quite yet!
    Oh no it hit out here last year. 
    Lucky for me my wife asked one game this year, why do you continue to watch them?  All you do is complain.  Then she watched a game, laughed and said wow they are bad.  Thats when I knew I was done until Dans out of here.  I haven?t watched since that night. Just not worth it.
    We do watch the women?s team instead.

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2024, 10:27:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thank God for WBB.  If I missed a game I immediately get on here and ESPN to find out if they won and by how much and who did what.  Haven't felt that way about MBB in a long time.

I'd love to see Coach Caldwell take over the Men's team.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline MUther

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2024, 10:46:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'd love to see Coach Caldwell take over the Men's team.

Still think it would be hard for her to do.  If it was just implementing her system and coaching up the players, sure.  But in reality, everyone from the team to the refs to the fans is going to go out of their way to show her why she doesn't belong in men's basketball.   She wouldn't get a fair shake at any point for a long time.  I'd rather just get a good men's basketball coach in here that knows what he's doing, knows how to do it, and has the energy to get it done.  Why wreck what she has going for the girl's team?  I'd rather have two good teams than possibly none.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, herdorbust2

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2024, 02:52:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is not true .. there have been less than 5000 in the stands multiple times

Just because our AD sells tickets to seat geek does not mean the games are sold out (this goes for all sports). Spears does that just to boost his resume I'm sure, but you are correct not many games that have truly had above 5K fans regardless what the Dominion ticket counting machines say.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2024, 03:40:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do not like the tarping

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2024, 03:40:51 PM »

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2024, 04:28:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just because our AD sells tickets to seat geek does not mean the games are sold out (this goes for all sports). Spears does that just to boost his resume I'm sure, but you are correct not many games that have truly had above 5K fans regardless what the Dominion ticket counting machines say.
    Agree. I'm in the upper bowl and there are lots of empty seats around me.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2024, 04:28:10 PM »