Author Topic: to all you Dan bashers ...  (Read 1655 times)

Offline HerdinNT

Re: to all you Dan bashers ...
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2024, 12:29:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Landon is as bad at writing as DD is coaching.  Making excuses for what could have been.  That is a staple for those with huge egos and never accepting responsibility.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, ed swain, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2024, 12:29:39 PM »

Online elginherd

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2024, 01:34:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Amen, and players get hurt and leave, you have to have a replacement and bench to use in those situations.

Let's also not make Andy to be some saint when we got him (reason why he doesn't have much social media anymore) and ended up at Marshall (wasn't to be closer to home).

Would say comparing Meyer to Andy is very fair.

First, IMHO, more wins could've been squeezed out of this year's squad. The switching man defense matched up well against some teams, but for others it matched terribly.

Second, for the sake of argument, Andy Taylor did decide to stay, but got seriously injured in the 5th or 6th game.
    There should've been a better fallback plan than depending on Voyles, Nutter and Cam to be the primary ball handler in any case
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, MUonium

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2024, 01:44:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's truly over if Chuck Landon is your biggest defender.

I hate to say this, but it really seems like the only reason that Dan still has any support left (aside from family on the board, of course) is because those who went to Marshall around the same time as he played are too biased to want to get rid of one of their own. I believe Landon falls into that category as well.

Even Dan's "good" teams do objectively idiotic things that a competent coach could fix in one practice. We've now had 2 out of 3 disaster seasons. Haven't even made it past the quarterfinals of a conference tourney since we went dancing in 2018.

On top of that, the negativity and senility coming out of his mouth in press conferences this season has been enough to justify letting him go. I'm not going to willingly subject myself to his ramblings, but I believe someone said one of his pressers had to be edited to take out his groaning about having to share the Cam with the women one Saturday a few weeks ago. Meanwhile, Huff just released a video urging fans to get to the Cam on Tuesday to support the women. Has Dan even acknowledged the incredible season they're having?

He has to go in a couple weeks or things are going to get incredibly ugly.

The following users thanked this post: NewfieHerdFan, ed swain, MUonium, herdorbust2

Offline herd1990

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2024, 02:10:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This team sucks top to bottom.  Add Taylor and we might be 14-16 instead of 12-18.  Big Fu***** Deal!  Need a complete roster and coaching overhaul.  These clowns running the show are clueless.  They think running out the 1951 Hoosiers team is a good strategy in today's game😂😂😂
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 12:05:19 PM by herd1990 »

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2024, 02:20:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's truly over if Chuck Landon is your biggest defender.

I hate to say this, but it really seems like the only reason that Dan still has any support left (aside from family on the board, of course) is because those who went to Marshall around the same time as he played are too biased to want to get rid of one of their own. I believe Landon falls into that category as well.

Even Dan's "good" teams do objectively idiotic things that a competent coach could fix in one practice. We've now had 2 out of 3 disaster seasons. Haven't even made it past the quarterfinals of a conference tourney since we went dancing in 2018.

On top of that, the negativity and senility coming out of his mouth in press conferences this season has been enough to justify letting him go. I'm not going to willingly subject myself to his ramblings, but I believe someone said one of his pressers had to be edited to take out his groaning about having to share the Cam with the women one Saturday a few weeks ago. Meanwhile, Huff just released a video urging fans to get to the Cam on Tuesday to support the women. Has Dan even acknowledged the incredible season they're having?

He has to go in a couple weeks or things are going to get incredibly ugly.

Just watched Huff's video on supporting WB game. He said the football team would be in attendance at the game to support WB. Classy move by Huff, where is Dan?

I think you are correct, it is going to get ugly. Dan should resign before it happens.
    « Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 02:22:22 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Collis P, chris88, herdorbust2

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2024, 02:39:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So let me get this straight. 

We are Dan haters because Dan doesn?t recruit players that fit his system.
    We are Dan haters because Dan has no clue how to manage a college basketball roster.
    We are Dan haters because Dan rarely makes any in game adjustments in any aspect.
    We are Dan haters because he never takes responsibility for ANYTHING that goes wrong in the program.

Right 👌

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2024, 03:36:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So let me get this straight. 

We are Dan haters because Dan doesn?t recruit players that fit his system.
    We are Dan haters because Dan has no clue how to manage a college basketball roster.
    We are Dan haters because Dan rarely makes any in game adjustments in any aspect.
    We are Dan haters because he never takes responsibility for ANYTHING that goes wrong in the program.

Right 👌
    Well said. I want what's best for the program, not what's best for D'Antoni.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, forphase1, MUfan08, svherd, Buffalo Bop, ed swain, chris88, Rockin Herd Fan, coalherd

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2024, 04:50:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One last thing on this.  In my opinion Kim Caldwell has been the death nail to Dan.

Tough to get players to come to Marshall.  Fans don?t support us.  We need charter flights.  NIL is killing college basketball. 

She has basically proven him to be a fraud in all of it.  It also proves that you can win championships in the Sunbelt at Marshall.  It?s all about the attitude and the demands of the coach.

She is one heck of a coach.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2024, 05:40:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One last thing on this.  In my opinion Kim Caldwell has been the death nail to Dan.

Tough to get players to come to Marshall.  Fans don?t support us.  We need charter flights.  NIL is killing college basketball. 

She has basically proven him to be a fraud in all of it.  It also proves that you can win championships in the Sunbelt at Marshall.  It?s all about the attitude and the demands of the coach.

She is one heck of a coach.

Anyone with half a brain knows that those excuses are BS. All it takes is making the right hire and we own the SB. We have always been able to get talent here when you have someone that knows how to do it. Players want to play in front of crowds. We can generate the best crowds in the SB if we have the right coach.

The following users thanked this post: chris88, miltonherdfan

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2024, 08:42:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DeAndre Kane would avg 30 in the SBC
    Damier Pitts about the same

The following users thanked this post: girthyherdon, herdorbust2

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2024, 10:36:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just watched Huff's video on supporting WB game. He said the football team would be in attendance at the game to support WB. Classy move by Huff, where is Dan?

I think you are correct, it is going to get ugly. Dan should resign before it happens.

Not sure if you're kidding or not, but they'll already be in Statesboro.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2024, 10:50:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure if you're kidding or not, but they'll already be in Statesboro.

I think he is talking about saying something good about the woman's team not being at the game. It's obvious Dan is very jealous of them by his silence.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2024, 10:50:22 PM »

Offline NewfieHerdFan

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2024, 06:17:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Anyone with half a brain knows that those excuses are BS. All it takes is making the right hire and we own the SB. We have always been able to get talent here when you have someone that knows how to do it. Players want to play in front of crowds. We can generate the best crowds in the SB if we have the right coach.

This. It's right there in front of us and a smart administrative decision could put us back on the road to relevancy.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #38 on: February 27, 2024, 06:51:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This. It's right there in front of us and a smart administrative decision could put us back on the road to relevancy.

Spears has already made a great hire for WBB.

Hire a baller D2 coach, like Kim, and let's roll, baby.

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: NewfieHerdFan, herdfifteen

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2024, 07:42:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure if you're kidding or not, but they'll already be in Statesboro.

Dan could have done something like Huff. Dan could do it on his laptop and post it. Maybe Dan is technically challenged due to his age? Dan had the time, but maybe not the inclination?

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline GoHerd35

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2024, 11:41:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan could have done something like Huff. Dan could do it on his laptop and post it. Maybe Dan is technically challenged due to his age? Dan had the time, but maybe not the inclination?
    That's fine. I thought you were asking why the men's basketball team wouldn't be at the game. Carry on.

Online Bigoherd

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2024, 08:41:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Landon?s article was beyond laughable.  Is he even watching the same team?  And saying Taylor was a good defender might have been the biggest laugh of all.  Scorer?  Yea.  Defender?  No.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, herdorbust2

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2024, 08:42:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I stopped reading anything Landon writes. He is a joke.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2024, 08:42:57 PM »