Author Topic: Save your  (Read 873 times)

Online herd2win

Save your
« on: February 25, 2024, 12:20:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Passion, energy and time if you are not OK with a team that just wears green and shows up.  From my information, not to anyone's surprise, Dan will be back next year and likely the year after.  There is not going to be a change.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

Save your
    « on: February 25, 2024, 12:20:38 PM »

Offline cincyherdfan

Re: Save your
    « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 12:40:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That decision would put Marshall basketball in the ground for the next two years and at least 1 following that as the replacement would really be coming into a bad program.

I?ve heard that he?s done after this season, and also heard he?s again asked for one more year and wants to announce it early so he can go on a ?retirement tour? thru the conference and get recognized throughout the year here.

Our conference mates will be sad to see him go?.teams love playing against his teams! Predictable and very easy to gameplan against.

The following users thanked this post: SuperAnjario

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 01:16:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Someone posted awhile back that DD's new contract has no penalty for termination/non-renewing. Even if that is not correct MU movers and shakers cannot bring him back after the fiasco of 12-13 wins 2 years out of the last 3.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Online elginherd

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 01:25:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Passion, energy and time if you are not OK with a team that just wears green and shows up.  From my information, not to anyone's surprise, Dan will be back next year and likely the year after.  There is not going to be a change.

Unfortunately, they don't even wear green consistently.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, mr_ash_1995, MUsince96

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 01:44:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I keep hearing how hard it is to get ballers to Huntington. Really?!?! How did that App coach get that depth in a more rural location called Boone, NC? The kid they brought off the bench was a transfer player that we had absolutely no answer for last night. When they needed a bucket, they put the ball in his hands, he broke defenders down and either hit a shot or passed to a team mate.

Arkansas State was in the cellar of this conference last season. They went 4-14 in the Sun Belt. They canned their coach. They went out and got a hot recruiter from the University of Alabama. They scheduled tough early with games at Wisconsin, Iowa and Alabama. They took some L's early. But they have won 7 of their last 8 games with the only loss being a 4-point loss to JMU. They are 10-6 in the Sun Belt standings and passed us on the ladder as we were moving down & they were moving up. Is Jonesboro an easy place to get players to?

We for too long are told to swallow mediocrity and face some falsehood that where we are currently at is the best we can do. It is nonsense!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, Herdalum94, BuckHerd, scope58, herdorbust2

Offline svherd

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2024, 01:58:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Enjoy!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2024, 02:11:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Someone posted awhile back that DD's new contract has no penalty for termination/non-renewing.

i think the post you're referring to was based on the extension we gave DD after the '21-'22 implosion...that screwy "series" of 3 1-yr contracts that spears & DD agreed to that did call for a "review & assessment" at the end of each season.  since each year was SUPPOSED TO BE a 1-yr contract, there wouldn't have been any penalty/buyout if we decided to let him go.  then after last season's turnaround is when they scrapped that agreement & spears just gave him a traditional 3-yr contract instead of the 2nd 1-yr deal that was agreed upon prior.  it wouldn't make any sense to sign a 3-yr contract if you can be let go after 1 or 2 years w/o any penalty, b/c that's in essence what they already had going...so there wouldn't have been any need for a new contract if there wasn't gonna be a buyout.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, parshall2marshall

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #7 on: February 25, 2024, 05:44:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I keep hearing how hard it is to get ballers to Huntington. Really?!?! How did that App coach get that depth in a more rural location called Boone, NC? The kid they brought off the bench was a transfer player that we had absolutely no answer for last night. When they needed a bucket, they put the ball in his hands, he broke defenders down and either hit a shot or passed to a team mate.

Arkansas State was in the cellar of this conference last season. They went 4-14 in the Sun Belt. They canned their coach. They went out and got a hot recruiter from the University of Alabama. They scheduled tough early with games at Wisconsin, Iowa and Alabama. They took some L's early. But they have won 7 of their last 8 games with the only loss being a 4-point loss to JMU. They are 10-6 in the Sun Belt standings and passed us on the ladder as we were moving down & they were moving up. Is Jonesboro an easy place to get players to?

We for too long are told to swallow mediocrity and face some falsehood that where we are currently at is the best we can do. It is nonsense!

We can and should dominate the Sun Belt

Folks, we're not asking for SEC titles, it's the Fing Sun Belt

Go get a great D2 coach and let's roll

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, MicDrass1

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2024, 06:01:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hiring great D2 HC is our best model

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd

Online herdman22

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 08:08:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I agree the recruiting here has been disappointing, but Boone is a really nice town and area. A lot to offer down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: thelonderee

Online herd2win

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2024, 08:18:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree the recruiting here has been disappointing, but Boone is a really nice town and area. A lot to offer down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cities are personal preference but as someone who lives in NC and has a daughter trying to decide between going to Tennessee and App St, I have spent many weekends lately in Boone and Huntington has more to offer.  Boone is very small and trapped by mountains.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online elginherd

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2024, 08:47:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cities are personal preference but as someone who lives in NC and has a daughter trying to decide between going to Tennessee and App St, I have spent many weekends lately in Boone and Huntington has more to offer.  Boone is very small and trapped by mountains.

Agreed.
    If your daughter skis or trail bikes or likes camping, that area of North Carolina is spectacular.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2024, 08:47:39 PM »

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #12 on: February 25, 2024, 09:41:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unless DD retires looks like we're boned

Someone can verify but 2 years left on deal so buyout is roughly 1.34 million

Please retire DD

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, herdorbust2

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2024, 08:31:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is nothing sitting on the bench that gets any of us excited for next year. Have to imagine you lose 60% or more of your scoring from this years team as well. YIKES

Online elginherd

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2024, 01:41:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is nothing sitting on the bench that gets any of us excited for next year. Have to imagine you lose 60% or more of your scoring from this years team as well. YIKES

The 60% scoring was probably achieved by less than 45% shooting for 2s and less than 33% for 3s.
    So it's possible that whoever comes in to replace the scoring might be a huge improvement. (Not that I'm expecting that or holding my breath,😷)

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2024, 03:37:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Since I don't have ESPN+, I will not be watching the last two regular season games or any round of the tournament that is not linear.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2024, 03:37:56 PM »